October 2, 2014 | 1021 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Soap & Glory - The Daily Smooth body butter

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by albs

I bought this when it was randomly on clearance at my drugstore. Prior to purchasing I had used a body scrub which I loved so I thought I would give it a shot. The texture is beautiful and it's a nicely moisturizing formula, but it is so heavily fragranced and I really dislike the scent. If it faded after application it would be fine, but it stays with me all day long. It's not a soft, unobtrusive scent either, so it really can't be mixed with other fragrances. I find that I'm becoming more and more sensitive to fragrance so this really isn't a good option for me. If you love this scent you will be able to wear it and probably skip perfume, you will be set for the day. Which is awesome for you. If you aren't a fan of this particular fragrance do not expect it to fade, go with something else instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by laursawy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this lotion for Christmas from mom, who knows I'm a huge soap&glory fan! Its scented with mist you madly, my favorite scent that they make. I complete the pretty trifecta with the clean, girls body wash, this lotion and the mist you madly spray. The scent is heavy. Normally lotions aren't this smelly but this is a heavily scented lotion. Some people will mind it, but I dont. The formula is very thick and almost greasy and tacky after application. Once it dries, it feels just lovely. Its definitely a great butter for dry skin, like mine in the wintertime. Soap and glory packaging is always my fave - bright pink font, pretty pearly packaging, and cute little stars. So cute! If I ran out of this stuff, I definitely wouldn't run out to the store for it, but it isn't terrible. Its good. The expensiveness of this brand isn't always worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I have a general love of all S&G body butters because pretty much all of them are made for dry skin, which suits me perfectly, and I love the smell of this one. Yes it is strong, but I find when you rub it in it isn't as powerful and lingers quite nicely without being too overwhelming. What I love about S&G products is that nine times out of ten they are always heavily scented, which makes me a bit nervous because often it makes my skin flare up when using overly perfumed stuff. However everytime I use a S&G butter I have never once had a problem. It is so nice to use something scented when usually I have to buy boring unscented things. The product is also fabulous on my dry areas, making them completely clear up and appear smooth when used twice a day. I think the only downside to this is the packaging, it's such a thick cream that it is really hard to squeeze out of the tube, it would be so much better if it was in a tub like the other butters. I would definitely recommend and buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by visee

I love Soap and Glory products, especially the Righteous Butter scent and thought this would be similar. However, the scent of this is really cloying and sorta musky, whereas Righteous Butter has a more clean and sweet scent. Daily Smooth also seems to be thicker and more emollient /greasy compared to Righteous Butter.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by Amina22

I bought this one just because the store run out of righteous butter and im glad i did. This is my husband's favorite scent. The scent lingers for a long time and its quickly absorbed by the skin. I feel my skin is so soft and moisturized after using this product. Lovely scent, soft moisturized skin, what not to like? The packaging! I hate the packaging because its hard to get the product out of the tube, i hope Soap and Glory will put this in a tub.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 6:35:00 AM More reviews by doris98

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this. It's very emollient so you'd think it was greasy, but it absorbs quickly and doesn't feel greasy at all. I love how it smells too!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by kikulicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Good body butter! I noticed my hands getting smoother after I started using. Its size makes it a really good stocking stuffer :)

Too bad it smells REALLY STRONG and cloying. It says here that there's Coconut Oil, Cocoa Seed Oil, Rose Seed Oil. Very moisturizing, but WAY too much smell! Gift only to people who like smells.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by candybum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This stuff smells VERY strong, and you have to really love the smell to like the product. Fortunately I do love the smell. As far as a moisturizer though...meh...nothing special. I'll use it up and enjoy the wonderful fragrance but when it's done, I'll try something else. I do wish you could buy this as a perfume though!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2012 7:59:00 AM More reviews by daffydill

Packaging difficult to use as a thick lotion. Left me with a sticky residue after use, and smelt of PLASTIC MELONS!!!! Not a patch on The Righteous Butter.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Lushness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I was a bit apprehensive on forking out for this initially, because my skin is so dry and I need a product that is going to give me the heavy moisture that I need. For me, the mark of a good body butter is one which you apply it in the morning and by the evening your skin is still silky smooth and moisturised, and this was definitely the case for me. I did find that I have to spend a bit of time working the cream in but once absorbed my skin looked great. The scent is quite strong and for me it lasted the whole day which I love! I will probably repurchase.