April 18, 2014 | 1225 users online

Moisturizers - Soap and Glory - Night in Shining Armour

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy pampering my skin in the evening and unless it's one of those that I am so tired and as such am past caring, I will cleanse, tone and moisturise my skin carefully before going to bed. I have always tried to take good care of my skin and now that I am 29 it's even more important to me. I don't have any wrinkles yet but I have been using anti wrinkle night creams since I was 25. I suppose it's a preventive measure....

On to this product, I am not sure why I bought this product but I believe it was a combination of the lovely package plus what was written on it. I loved the name as well. Very clever.

The packaging
Lovely pink pot that some might consider unsanitary. I personally prefer a pump, but my hands are clean when I put moisturiser on and so I don't mind a pot.

What the brand promises
- 'Scientifically tested levels of proven wrinkle reducing superpeptides'. Now, can you tell the clever way they have of making a wishy washy claim? I mean they don't say which peptides the cream has, which in itself suggests they are 'bullshitting'... Additionally, they don't promise that this cream will reduce wrinkles they just promise that they have verified that there are levels of this substance in the cream... So they use the word 'scientifically' hoping that will be enough to fool people... Not nice, Soap and Glory!!!
- They also claim these mystery superpeptides will minimize wrinkles, increase elasticity, firm and smooth the skin providing you use it twice daily over 2 months. Yes, you read right. They claim they NIGHT cream only works if you use it TWICE a day... Are they expecting us to wake up in the middle of the night to reapply this?! It's ridiculous.... If you can't come up with a night cream that works when used once a night than please refrain for selling night creams, please!!!
- They also claim the cream has Oxygen boosters (yeah, I know...) and EFA antioxidants (uh, uh)....

The consistency/fragrance
It's a very thick cream with a horrible smell (reminds me of fairy liquid)... It's very oily and makes my combination skin oily and my nose hurt....

My overall thoughts
I have to be honest and I say I used it for three nights and binned it. I mean, I never do that, I don't like wasting my money. But this was too smelly, too greasy and just too yucky for me to bare... Maybe for people that don't mind fragrance, and maybe for people who don't mind greasiness... But I seriously doubt each and every claim made by this cream... It's a shame because I quite like some SG products but I am becoming more and more unhappy with their skin care line....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't say I love this night cream or hate it. It's too thick for my skin and makes my skin feel greasy and oily. If I had dry skin I think it would be a great cream to use that doesn't break me out. With that said, the smell is a little bit weird to me. Not something nice and fragrant, but a little but offensive to my nose. The best I can describe it is it smells a bit like unscented creams but with a sweet kick to it. But nothing sweet like their items with their signature pink fragrance.

The jar it comes in feels very luxurious and looks really cute. It's pink and made of glass. It's seriously heavy and doesn't feel cheap.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by lucyzta

I love the packaging of this product. It is SO cute, so girly. I really love that about it. I love the scent too, it's clean smelling. It's very rich though and thick feeling. It is very heavy on my skin. I use it during the night during winter months when my skin is dry. I don't really recommend it for oily skinned people (I am combo and think it is too oily). I also think it breaks me out which really bums me out because it's so cute looking. I will probably eventually get around to using the rest of this up but I would not repurchase since it breaks me out. Too bad too, it's really cute!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Maybe it's just me, but this cream felt too rich for my skin and the fragrance put me off. I gave it to my mum with her dry/mature skin and she loved it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by gracie2801

This has a nice creamy consistency and is nice and rich for my dry skin! The smell however is absolutely vile & is the only thing that I could say negative about it! The packaging is nice & pretty and you get a good amount in the jar. I've been using it every night for 2 weeks and I've barely used any! I wouldn't say I've noticed much difference in the condition of my skin but to be honest I've got good skin & I'm not ageing just yet! But a lovely rich night cream that is a bargain to get on the boots 3 for 2!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Mkuplv86

Best night cream in the univers. It makes my skin feel so moisturizer and firm. The smell is not floraly or powdery or strong but it is so intoxicating.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by smartsassy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Used this cream after a chemical peel and it calmed down my skin instantly. Love love love!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Love this moisturizer. I have combination, acne prone skin with a lot of dry flakey patches - this cream is *almost* perfect for my skin. If it was a little bit more moisturizing, it'd be perfect. It is a good texture - not too thick or too thin, and it has almost no scent or fragrance to it. The packaging is very high quality - a nice sparkley duochrome pink heavy glass jar. It's somewhat expensive at $30 for a 1oz jar, but to me, it's worth it since I have such a hard time finding moisturizers that work well with my skin. I bought this at Sephora but right after I bought it, it was discontinued.. So when i need to repurchase I'll have to buy from overseas (which sucks, but whatever).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 3:12:00 AM More reviews by Laski

I can only agree with all the other reviewers: This is a really wonderful nightcream! I was even tempted to use it in the morning too, because it just makes my skin feels so quenched, moisturized, nourished, pampered....without feeling suffocated or irritated. I have really quite sensitive rosacea skin - and this didnīt affect it at all, in the contrary, after application, the skin looked calmer and more even. Will buy again and try other face-products from the brand too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by Kukmrk

Best cream ever! I tried so much others, but this is number on. Love it!