October 23, 2014 | 1714 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

L'Oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup didn't work well for my skin. It feels hydrating when applied, but didn't care for the light, watery texture.

Coverage is horrid. It doesn't even skin tone. Even if one doesn't need a little help from foundation with their skin tone, this will cause an uneven finish. It just doesn't apply evenly on the face. I use a color corrector, but finish will not look flawlessly even steven unless foundation gives it a boost. Nope, not with this makeup. Skin, whether red undertone part of face, or non problem area, will shine through on various parts of my face. Needless to say the finish looks uneven and blotchy.

My search continues for a drugstore foundation. Currently wear Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Ultimate Lifting Creme Makeup, but am growing more dissatisfied with the perfumed scent and finish. Looking for a more natural coverage. I know, I know……I'm so picky when it comes to foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by flutterby8i8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very fair, combination dry/oily skin with warm undertone, but pink cheeks. My cheeks tend to get powdery dry skin with an oil slick nose. I have slightly darker circles under my eyes and one irritating age spot on one cheek. I purchased this foundation because my co-worker wears it in our occasionaly steamy, heavy lifting filled, very active job. Her makeup always looks fabulous.

Shade 144, light ivory, is both light enough, and warm enough for my fair skin. This looks satiny on my skin, does not highlight the dry skin on my cheeks, and stays moderately well on my very oily nose. It almost completely covers my age spot and camouflages my dark circles. My fine lines around my eyes are softened and it does not settle into my lines on my forehead. I *DO* use a primer on my nose as I always have to deal with makeup sliding off if I use one that is moisturizing enough to accommodate for my dry cheeks. This has lasted me all day, a rare feat for me!

Overall, 4 lippies as it does still slide off my nose. Price is a little on the high end for a drugstore foundation, but not out of the ballpark. Packaging gets 5 lippies as it has a pump dispenser!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation is a cream consistency that blends well drying to a finish inbetween dewy & matte. The color selection is a good range & price is reasonable. The formula is supposed to help with aging like uneven skin tone & lines. I didn't use it long enough to notice a difference. I had to stop using it because my skin reacts unkindly to silicone & especially paraben which are in this foundation. I developed a big painful swollen cystic area & clogs, so stopped using it. I wouldn't recommend to acne-prone or only skinned people.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by poetsdream7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite foundations, particularly for the cooler months. I live in FL, so this foundation does not fare too well in our sweltering, humid weather, since it is a moisturizing foundation.
Have they changed the colors slightly? I always buy the color Nude Beige in every L'oreal foundation, which is W3 in the True Match line. When I got this foundation in Nude Beige in the past, it was a perfect match. But, the one I have now is a shade darker. Maybe because it has been exposed to light, through the clear glass bottle? The next time I'm in the store, I'll have to check out this color, to see if indeed they did change the color.
Regardless, I picked up the Soft Ivory color to mix w/ Nude Beige, which gives a perfect match. It's also great for highlighting!
I love the idea of the retinol, yet doubt it contains enough to make a real difference. I have enough retinol in my skin care routine, but, again, I just like the idea of my foundation having it, too.
Overall, this foundation has good, medium coverage. It leaves such a beautiful silky (not exactly "satin") finish. It does have a dewiness, but not a Lumi dewy. It's a simple, soft glow of beautiful, healthy skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by hollzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is SO BEAUTIFUL! I used it two years ago but wanted to try another foundation so I started using other products and forgot about the serum absolute. Recently I picked this up again because I thought I used to love it, and of course I do! My skin is dry but not typically flaky. This makeup looks like a satin finish, not totally dewy which is great because I don't like dewy skin. It gives your skin a natural, from within glow which is the ONLY foundation I've ever found to look like this without being overly shiny. The first day I wore it the cashier at the store told me how great my skin looked, which sealed the deal for me! Its in my top 2 favorite foundations with the Cover Girl Outlast 3 in 1 which has more of a matte finish, This makeup isn't sparkly or shimmery at all which is good because since it is marketed as an anti aging foundation, that is always a concern.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by JSFrevel

Add another rave for this foundation! It's excellent and worth trying. Nice, light to medium coverage, fresh look that doesn't get greasy and the luminous aspect is muted but just enough to save you from looking "flat" or dull. It's now my first choice foundation. Lasts about 5 hours and doesn't oxidize and in pictures looks very good-- doesn't skew white or gray. Definitely will re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by mimochi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I bought it at my local grocery store because there was a promotion on it for only $8.99. I chose the color Light Ivory and am really glad I did. I'm pretty pale but also warm-toned. This foundation is reasonably yellow-toned, which makes me really happy. Usually drugstore foundations are too pink. I've worn this to work all day a few times and it didn't oxidize at all, so the color stayed perfect and never got orange.

The consistency is unique. It reminds me of a lot of higher end foundations you'll find at the Macy's counter. I use a flat paddle foundation brush to apply and it blends in wonderfully. It evens out redness I have around the creases of my nose and mouth, and camouflages most of my hyperpigmentation. I don't use a primer, just a good moisturizer underneath.

Another positive is sunscreen. I haven't seen how it photographs in flash yet to see if it leaves a white cast, but that doesn't bother me too much anyway.

I haven't found anything negative about this. I'm a little acne-prone but I haven't noticed any new breakouts yet. Maybe it's possible the retinol and vitamin C in it help my skin in that way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Best foundation I have ever used the lightest shade is a perfect match for my pale skin it is neither to pink nor to yellow on me which can be a serious deal breaker for me with most foundations I have used from low to high end this is simply amazing and it goes on like a dream leaving my skin glowy from within.with just the right amount of coverage without a cakey finish love this and I think its the best ever foundation I have ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Rjf130

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is a good dupe for the Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer though it is a bit more coverage. This foundation is a little hard to blend but gives a very natural and glowy finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by areles

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I discovered in a panic last summer that my HG foundation - Estée Lauder Double Matte - was abruptly discontinued, and quickly called every Macys in the country to buy nearly a year's supply, as I knew it would take ages for me to find a suitable replacement for my red, combination-leaning-toward-oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. With the DM, no one could ever tell I had bad skin; however, since most women don't want the full coverage I desperately need (setting aside the fact I also need something with a yellow base to neutralize the red and something that won't irritate my skin or cause a massive cystic breakout), and don't like the matte coverage I happen to prefer, and therefore that combination of foundation qualities is difficult to find because it simply doesn't sell, I knew it would be a long and arduous search.

I should point out that even though the Double Matte was my holy grail, it still wasn't perfect. It lasted throughout most of a workday, and the coverage was spectacular, but the shade wasn't exactly perfect. Further, it had a tendency to oxidize, especially if my skin was particularly dry or oily that day. So it wasn't perfect, but after years of hunting, it was as close as I could get, considering all the things I needed in a makeup.

ANYWAY, realizing a couple of weeks ago that I had exactly enough DM left to last till November and nowhere near finding a replacement for ongoing future use, I decided to test a drugstore brand for use on the weekends, at least, to preserve my HG stash.

Enter, Visible Lift. Historically, L'oreal is the only drugstore brand I'll touch, so of course that's where I looked first. Although I was nervous about slathering my face with a new product, least of all one designed for aging skin (though I'm 40, I tend to avoid products like these due to the fact they tend to be over-oily and slide off my face - right before they cause a horrible breakout), I hunkered down and gave it a shot.

So, backstory aside, the review:

I was astonished by the coverage (bear in mind, I use latex-free makeup sponges, which automatically allow for better coverage than fingertip application), which was nearly as good as the Estée Lauder. I was astonished by the fact that the shade (light ivory) managed to neutralize the red in my face, which I've never managed to get a hold of in any other foundation regardless of the brand or shade. The fact that the light ivory did so without making me look like a ghost was especially surprising. And after I finished applying, I was further astonished by how dewy and youthful my skin looked, and how natural the shade was. For the first time in 15 years, I looked like I wasn't wearing makeup. My skin looked so much better that my husband noticed instantly, asking me, "wow, your skin looks amazing right now; what did you do?"

Now, the downside. It did feel somewhat heavy for the first half hour after application, and it did cause my skin to tingle slightly. After 30 minutes or so, both effects died down to the point I stopped noticing... but within three hours - as I expected - it was sliding off my face, and it was caked into fine lines beneath my eyes and around my mouth that I hadn't even realized I had. Throughout the afternoon, I'd noticed significant transfer - to my husband's shirt, to my cell phone. All told, I wore it for three hours, by which time it was melting off my nose, forehead, and chin.

So I chalked it up as a good weekend foundation for short events, and let it go. $14, who cares.

BUT - two reviews for the price of one, here - yesterday I tried it again, this time paired with Becca Ever-Matte primer... and if I don't break out from either one (time will tell), I may have just found my holy grail combination.

In concert with the Ever-Matte, I still received the beautiful, dewy coverage from the first trial run, but this time, that coverage lasted twelve hours with absolutely no touchups. The heavy feeling was gone in the beginning, as well - within minutes I'd forgotten I was even wearing it. And I was amazed when I checked the mirror at 5p and my face looked exactly as it had at 7:30a. There was no sign of oil, no sign of caking, no rubbed off areas (not even on my nose!), and no oxidation whatsoever. When I finally washed my face at around 8p, it still looked flawless, a creamy dewy ivory.

So in summary - this proved, for me, to be an excellent medium to full coverage foundation, which, when paired with a good primer, affords critical lasting power without oxidation. Now, to see if it breaks me out.

Three lippies for packaging (the pump others have mentioned) and the fact it basically requires a primer to be effective.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No