April 23, 2014 | 1123 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Shiseido - White Lucent Brightening Control Base

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by absdeinn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Ivory. I am very please with this product. It sinks on my skin perfectly giving it a bit of glow. It is not oily nor too drying. I don't do much makeup, with this base and a little bit of Lancôme powder. I am good to go.

After using it for about a month, I did find my skin colour lighter and smoother.

It is on the pricey side but most of Shiseido's product are pricey anyway, but with good quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by forlornflo

My mom forced me to buy the green control base at a Korean grocery store 3 years ago because 'ooh! it looks so nice on you like you're wearing foundation!'. I stopped wearing it after one use because I looked like a ghost. But it went on nice and smooth, and felt invisible and odorless (unlike foundation). I should note that I hate wearing makeup because I'm too lazy to put it on and perfect it (brushes and all).

I tried using it as a primer years later with Shiseido powder foundation. It still was too white (since my face is a bit ruddy). My friends noted at weddings that I looked like a ghost.

Finally, I bought the ivory control base at Hong Kong International Airport after reading reviews (and needing to hit a purchase minimum for a gift). I also suffer from hyperpigmentation now as opposed to 3 years ago, hence white lucent. Came home, mixed a dab of ivory and green together in a jet-lagged haze, and voila! Perfection. It covers the slight redness on my nose and cheeks, yet evens out my uneven asian skintone on my forehead, temples and chin. It's quick and easy to apply (I dab it on like the emulsion, then smear/blend slightly). It absorbs the oil around my T-area incredibly well after 15 hours of wear.

For $39 (or $80), its not terribly expensive since one drop covers the entire surface area of my face perfectly. One tube will probably last me several years (like most Shiseido products).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by greeniesyt

Goes on extremely smooth.The green one balance my red skin quite well and i can even use it alone without a foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by jessimon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This seems to now be called Brightening Spot Control Base, but is the same formulation as the title. I purchased the Ivory and it does brighten my face! (FYI Mac NC 25) I combine it with Chi Chi BB Cream and the combination evens out my skin while looking natural. Unfortunately, my skin isn't what it used to be when I was in high school/uni, so it does need a little help, but this is just enough that I feel my skin looks nice without looking like I have a layer of makeup on. I think it is fragrance free (I can't smell anything) and the colour doesn't change during the day. The packaging is good - it's in a squeeze tube so you don't waste anything, it's not exposed to air/fingers and is easy to take travelling. I have stocked up on it because you never know when it will be available through strawberrynet (and the regular price is expensive)!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by bkaips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Really, really love this stuff! I had been toying with the idea of buying it for months, in ivory, but didn't want to spend $$ on something that didn't work. Luckily I found a small trial size on Ebay to try out. SO glad I did!! Really does brighten my 42 year old complexion, doesn't settle in fine lines or pores and just makes my skin look vibrant and smooth! I use my Garnier BB cream in light/med over top and voila...beautiful skin. Price rating reflects the amount you get for the price you pay, not much in a tube but I purchase on Ebay for way less. Keeps my face looking fab all day, which is the first time I've found something that does...definite winner in my book!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by LeMaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't use this as a base for my skin, but instead as a primer on my eyelids. It works wonderfully! It makes the colours so much more vibrant, and they last for such a long time. I can go clubbing and go to bed with my eye makeup still on, and in the morning the colour still looks fresh (my mascara on the other hand...) I love it.

However, when I lent this to my friend with sensitive skin, she broke out in itchy patches on her eyelids. I wouldn't recommend this to someone who frequently reacts to chemicals.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 5:12:00 AM More reviews by zaqxsw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Such a wonderful wonderful product! I've had this before when it was only sold with SPF 33.. now they've increased it to SPF 35! Which is great, cos who doesn't want more sun protection? This product is actually marketed as a base, which i did use as a base before but didn't work out too well for me then I stopped using it for awhile. One day I got bored and decided to take it out again but this time i used it as a foundation instead. I use it over Chanel base. It was a eureka moment for me, because i finally found something that can be used as a foundation that isn't too thick, yet gives enough coverage for that natural and effortless effect. It doesn't do much to control oil, but it is not sold as an oil controlling base anyway. What it does is that it evens out skin tones, and leaves a dewy, radiant finish. I use this daily for work and i don't have to spend much time on my makeup. I just use a foundation brush to spread it across my face, dab some concealer and finish off with loose powder and i'm good to go. Amazing product that deserves more reviews!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This Brightening UV base is awesome and I wear it almost every day because it looks natural. It's not matte, and it's not dewy. It has 2.9% Octinoxate and 8.4% titanium dioxide and is SPF 35. I like that is covers and evens skin tone so well: it is highly pigmented, light feeling on the skin and I barely need any concealer on hyper pigmentation spots and my under eye area. And what makeup I DO put over the base stays on even when I sweat. It is a bit of a challenge to put it on evenly at first, but once it's even, it stays on until I remove it at night. I use my fingers to apply. I usually oil cleanse to get it off completely. I have this in Ivory. Unfortunately, the color selection is very limited, but if you are a Neutral NC/W 15 like I am, it is a good color match. It's expensive at $38 for 1.1 oz but you need little and it's about the same price I pay for a higher end foundation. I recommend this little gem!
EDIT: When I was using this every day for a few months, my hyper pigmentation DID fade. That's miraculous, considering these freckles are genetic (I've had them since I was a child) and very stubborn.

EDIT: I used this up in about 5 months with almost daily use. It's currently not in my budget however, I'm certain this product and I will continue our relationship in the future when the time is right; I love it that much! : )

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I bought this on a whim walking into a shiseido store and the SA was just pushing this onto me. I caved in and bought it not really knowing if it was for me. I have this in Ivory and actually use it as a tinted moisturizer for days when I do a quick 5 min face. It has spf 33 (11.7% titanium dioxide, 2.9% octinoxate) built into it which is a big plus. I have had random strangers tell me how radiant and beautiful my skin looks when wearing this! I don't know what it is, but this stuff makes my skin just glow. Not in a disco ball teenager way, truly a glowy and youthful look. I definitely have to blot when wearing this, but it's surprisingly not super oily on my VERY oily skin. This is tinted slightly enough to where it would be suited for lighter skin tones. Although translucent enough to suit many. A swirl of setting powder can adjust the tone.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by drunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i write this review based on what i remember about it as it has been 4 years after using this. i received a lot of samples -5ml from shiseido when i brought and loved and used a lot of shiseido products, at that time i wasnt quite sure what a base does i just simply put it on before i put on foundation(at that time i used shiseido whitening uv compact) this was such a good fresh healthy and glowy look as i can remember. it does whitening the fact a little bit, just for a while. then when i put on foundation it is never ever so smooth and easy. it is the best experience with primer as i can remember. i have tried a few, such as biotherm(heavy and white), l'oreal(does nothing at all) , lancome( pricey and not impressed) and some other ds lines but this worked like a dream, at least when i used compact, honestly i am not sure how it works with liquid foundation or cream. considering i dont use compact foundation anymore as the coverage is never satisfying, i haven't gone to the shiseido aisle to buy one full bottle of this, instead i am using a lot of other highly-recommend or raved primers. shiseido and lancome are the first two brands i brought makeup from and now i somehow want to stay away from it and try others, i am always fascinated by packaging and rave so, it may takes some more time for me to go back to this.