Burt's Bees Super Shiny Natural Lip Gloss in Juicy Peach [DISCONTINUED]

2.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/6/2012 6:34:00 PM

At first, I wasn't crazy about this product. The grittiness is a turnoff for me, it tends to cause little bits of dry skin to collect at the corners of my lips when the gloss wears off. Also when it wears off, the color leaves a tint on my lips that is a little too bright for my already pink skin tone. But as bad as that stuff sounds, I would buy this again. It doesn't wear off as fast as some products, while it's on it's very moisturizing, and to avoid the unpleasant stain and bits of dry skin I simply reapply. The reason I love this gloss so much is because it's cheap for a mostly natural product and because it's a great peachy coral color that flatters my pale/pink complexion. It's a great everyday color, especially in the summer. And I think the dritty texture is just because the shimmer is more naturally derived than it is in other products, and probably less processed. I like the smell and the gloss lasts long enough for me. I can't wait to try sheer lemon because it wil have all the qualities I like in this product minus the staining (though you could argue that at least the color lasts a long time).

on 2/11/2012 4:08:00 PM

This lip gloss is sticky and smelled really bad.

on 7/30/2011 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This gloss is too sticky. Grit keeps coming out and I don't know how it got contaminated. I prefer a wand/tube application rather than this plastic squeeze top. Smell is nice and fresh, but I hadn't thought about that until I read the other reviews.

on 7/21/2011 3:36:00 PM

The gloss is okay overall. I actually got both Nectar Nude and Juicy Peach. Both colors are fine. Although, I agree with the other reviewer that the smell is a bit artificial and a bit too strong. I like that it's natural and it does moisturize my lips a little, but I probably won't buy it again just because of the smell.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I mainly got this gloss because of the "Juicy Peach" scent advertised since I love peach, however I was disappointed because it did not live up to the hype. The smell is artifical and you can't taste it on your lips. The color payoff is ok I expected it to be a nude and it is a pinky nude. I would not repurchase because there are so many other similar products out there.

Recommended for Medium Skin