October 1, 2014 | 1854 users online

Shampoo - Neutrogena - T/Sal Therapeutic Shampoo, Scalp Build-up Control

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by njr86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is great. It completely cleans & refreshes my scalp like no other shampoo. It could be a thinner consistency to make it easier for the medication to reach my scalp but that's just me being picky. It takes some work but after massaging it in the suds are super stiff and stay where u want them to. I leave the shampoo in for about 5 minutes.

Could be a placebo effect but my hair has been growing a lot faster since I started using this. I make sure to use T Sal at least once a week for maintenance. My house has very hard water to I'm prone to getting product build up on my scalp but it hasn't been an issue w/this shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very helpful to relief itching and flaking from my dry scalp. Contains 3% salicylic acid. I like that it is fragrance and preservative free. When I use this, I massage into shampoo into my scalp for about 30 seconds. Then, leave it on hair for 5 minutes to give the salicylic acid time to work. I rotate this with other medicated shampoos containing zinc, sulfur and glycolic acid for best results.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by honeybeesting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've always had an itchy, dry, flaky scalp. At some point I figured out that my rough, uneven skin on my face and body benefited a lot from salicylic acid. This winter my scalp has been even worse than usual, so I looked around online for some ideas and found this. It had never even occurred to me that there were scalp treatments like this, so I was pretty excited.

I've only been using it about a week or so, but I do think that my flakes are clearing up. But I think my scalp needs moisture in addition to the exfoliation, so I'm going to keep on what I've been doing, which is to use a little bit of Beauty Without Cruelty Rosemary Tea Tree conditioner as a moisturizer of sorts on my scalp. Together I think I can balance out my skin and finally have a normal scalp. Yay!

The biggest surprise about this product for me is how it made my hair feel. It was silky and hydrated without feeling like it was coated with something, that light-but-soft feeling I usually only get from salon shampoos. Maybe it's just a product of the drugstore shampoos I usually subject my hair to, but I was really impressed. I'd expected to be making a trade-off between my flaky scalp and my dry-ish ends, and instead I didn't even use conditioner, just a little frizz cream when I got out of the shower.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

I have been using various dandruff shampoos for years and nothing seemed to help. After usIng this ONCE I could see a difference. After using for a week my dandruff and itchy scalp seems to have disappeared. It doesn't smell the greatest, but it isn't as strong as the nasty T-gel shampoo! The scent is faint and doesn't linger, so the benefits definitely outweigh this one con. I think I paid around $7 for the larger bottle, which still isn't very large, but will last a while since I have very short hair. I wish it came in a pump bottle but that is pretty much my only complaint. Will definately repurchase and recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my new favorite dandruff shampoo, and I don't expect to switch to anything else in the near future. I use it three times a week, and it keeps my dandruff under control without irritating my sensitive scalp. It also cleans my fine straight hair well and leaves it manageable--sometimes I don't even use a conditioner afterward. Since I have a sensitive scalp, I love that it's dye free and fragrance free, even though it has kind of a mild burnt smell that isn't very pleasant. Overall, it's a great staple for me to have on hand and use regularly.

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (3%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Polyquaternium 22, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Citrate. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by godessofchaos

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I started using this on my hairline last year when it started breaking out due to going off birth control pills. Within two weeks all my scalp bumps were gone and I have stayed away using this 2-3 times a week. I too started using this on my face after the results I got on my scalp. I used to think I was allergic to SA but it turns out it was just all the extra crap in the face wash formulas, not the SA. This is a very simple formula with no fragrance or dyes and I am loving it as a face wash. I use it every other night in the winter on my t-zone and every night in the summer. I am having a hard time finding this lately though so I hope it is not discontinued.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Venuschampagne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this for my itchy scalp but feels it is not as good as T/Gel. And it kinds left my hair limpy n oily the next day.

I read about many users using it as facial wash due to its 3% salicylic acid. I just suffered a breakout at my chin area and without any acne cleanser - i decided to use this and hey! it works! My zits dried up and now my face is back to normal after couple days use. It is not drying either though I have dry cheeks.

A surprise use for this shampoo. Now it becomes my facial cleanser. Yoohoo!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by normaestrada19

This has been a life saver for my scalp and it lets me go without having to wash my hair everyday like I used to. My scalp would horribly itch the next day after shampooing so I would just wash my hair everyday to keep the itch to a minimum. Finally I one day took to the MUA hair board and asked what the heck could be wrong with my scalp. Thank goodness I got some feedback from all in the MUA land. Sometimes it's good to just open your mouth and ask for help :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

My scalp is itchy, but I don't have dandruff. Some areas seem to have a little build-up, so a shampoo with salicylic acid seemed to be called for. I tried the original version (not the maximum strength). It works well, but I prefer CVS Psoriasis Medicated Shampoo Plus Conditioner, which also contains 3% salicylic acid. The conditioner counteracts the drying effect of the shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by lindam

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Based on the reviews, I picked up a bottle to deal with a dry flaky scalp. My Derm had recommended Head and Shoulders but that made my scalp even drier and itchier.

After only 2 washings the flaking has gone down significantly!.

Also based on reading the reviews I am testing it as a face wash. My mature skin started breaking out and becoming badly congested after I went through menopause. I went from great skin to horrible skin. I am hoping this will help.