LUSH Ultrabalm

4.3

Organic Cold-Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Rose Wax (Rosa damascena) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 6/22/2015 4:39:00 AM

Holy Grail Item. Hands down.

I used this to heal my tattoo - it healed in just over a week!! It greatly minimises any itching and scabbing with regular application. The texture can be a little grainy but it gets better as you work your way down the tin. I'm allergic to a lot of products with preservatives, like Bepanthan (used to heal tattoos) and even subway sauces. This is all natural so you know it's great stuff! After my tattoo heals I will repurchase this for use as an overall body moisturiser (great for those irritating dry patches you get during winter that decide to manifest on your face), improv makeup remover, lip balm and way to combat skin irritation I get from allergies. For such a multipurpose product, it's so worth the price.

on 6/16/2015 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

I actually use this as a daytime under-eye moisturizer under my makeup as well as a natural lip balm. Moisturizing the skin around my eyes was never a concern of mine because I've always had extremely oily skin so I thought my eyes were moisturized enough from the oil. It wasn't until I took a selfie in the daytime to record the results of a lash lengthening trick I learned that I would realize how much moisture my eyes actually needed, oily skin or not. It required me looking up. When I looked at the photo I realized that my under eyes looked horribly dry and the concealer and setting powder that sat over it looked cakey. I decided to try ways to pack a punch of moisture to my eyes and I came across Lush Ultrabalm. I apply it under my eyes before I put on my face moisturizer and my lines, bags and dry patches seem to disappear under my makeup and now they look more youthful. I also decided to use this as a lip balm when I found out that most lip balms contain salt and other drying agents so that your lips will dry out when you're not using lip balm, tricking you into thinking you need their product and constantly re-applying. Constant re-application uses up the product faster, requiring one to go buy more. I decided to go all natural and cut salt out of my lips balms. My lips are smooth as paper and even if I go a day without applying anything, they're never dry or feel the need for moisture.

on 5/3/2015 11:52:00 PM

Love ultrabalm! It is a decent amount for the price you pay, so I think it's worth the price. It is similar to pawpaw cream. It has so many uses too. I put it on my lips, any cuts/rashes/chafing and it even calms eczema. Will most definitely be buying this again!

on 4/19/2015 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff has an awful scent. Currently using it as a lip balm for when i'm at home...Cant get over the scent, so I think I'll be tossing it out.

I've had this for a day, and bought it to replace bepanthen for a new tattoo (7 days old).
Oh my G. So good.
Tattoo is itching like a mofo, and the initial graininess (which does go away) feels like heaven when you're rubbing it over (my tattoo didn't scab, is just peeling, so I probably wouldn't recommend this slice of pleasure with a scabby one) The Rose Wax is brilliant at helping soothe the itch as well.
I couldn't resist putting it all over my face and lips before bedtime and so far it feels like relief. The cold weather wreaks havoc with my face, and this has literally helped with moisture levels and has given my face a nice plump look with a dewy glow. I guess you can put it anywhere you'd put Vaseline.
It's not really like our dear friend Vas though because it sinks in, rather than just sits on top looking shiny. Also it's not a by-product of petrol.

on 8/25/2014 1:06:00 AM

This is actually the best product I have ever used on my lips. Felt great and my lips were in perfect condition all the time, and if my lips got chapped it would heal them quicker than anything else. Great to use to moisturize your lips if they get dry from wearing lipstick easily. In the winter, I also sometimes get dry skin between my thumb and first finger that not much seems to help, but putting a little of this there does. All around rules without feeling gross like vaseline.

on 7/18/2014 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I swear that with one application of this stuff my lip irritation went significantly down. I'm so glad I decided to purchase this and not the Alba un-petroleum jelly (which has beeswax in it). This is a great natural, vegan alternative to Aquaphor. Yes, it doesn't smell all that great and the texture is a little rough, but that's alright with me.

on 6/26/2014 4:42:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Another favourite! This is fairly cheap for a Lush product and it's just so lovely. It has no noticeable scent or colour and it's great for any kind of dry skin. I also use it as a lip balm in the same way that some people would use vaseline. The oils are lovely and softening, although sometimes when it's cold the formula gets a little gritty before you put it on your skin. I will most certainly buy again.

on 1/18/2014 11:40:00 PM

It is a vegan, safe, but expensive alternative to Vaseline (natural petroleum jelly). That is really all there is to it. I have to admit that it does moisturize your lips very well, even on windy and cold days, but initially has a "grainy" feel to it when you smack your lips together. This feeling goes away if you warm up the product with your hands first, or keep on rubbing your lips together (so I guess the grains are due to the ingredients setting).

on 1/10/2014 2:22:00 PM

Basically a natural petroleum jelly. As a tween I toted Vaseline with me everywhere as my lip balm, and now I use the Ultrabalm. It's a bit expensive for me, but you do get a fair bit of product for it, so the $13 is worth it to me. The lady at the LUSH store sold me on it when I was in for a lip scrub and I'm obsessed with it - I have super dry skin and I use this everywhere I'm extra dry, particularly around my mouth and nose. It doesn't really have much of a smell that I can detect. What I love about it is that it feels just like Vaseline, only it actually soaks into your skin instead of resting on top forever, but it keeps you moisturized just as well. I've also been using it on my feet, on patches of what look like psoriasis on my hands, and as a lip balm - it makes my hands feel soothed and protected and my feet are much less dry. I've put it on my tattoos while they heal and on burns, basically been using it in any way I'd use Vaseline and it does the trick. I'm a huge sucker for multi-purpose products and I'm basically obsessed with this balm!

Popular Lip Treatments