September 21, 2014 | 1234 users online

Lip Treatments - Cath Kidston - Wild Rose Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:24:00 AM More reviews by JasmineSparkle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I ordered this online looking for a small tube that could fit in my school blazer
I have pros and cons for this product:
Pros: It moisturises really well, It lasts about two hours on my lips and is a cute size.

Cons: It melted really easily, and when rolling it up half a chunk just fell off. It's very delicate.

Overall, I would get this product again but putting it no where near heat!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 6:53:00 AM More reviews by RainyFrog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Considering the other review I wonder if I'm doing something wrong or they got a bad batch or something, but I really love this product; it's the best lip balm I've ever had. The packaging is cute, I love the light rose scent, the glossy finish, and more than anything that it goes on so smoothly and 'wetly'. I never liked using lip balm before because it just felt like rubbing dry wax on my lips, but this really feels like it moisturizes. Maybe I just haven't tried enough other brands, but I've yet to find one that leaves my lips as smooth and soft as this does.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

I love vintagesque, rose-scented products and couldn't resist picking up one of the these wild rose balms. The balm comes in a white twist-up tube with baby pink cap and typical Kidston floral design, and is encased in a baby pink cardboard box with white polka dots. The outer packaging looks actually more appealing than the tube itself (which is quite cheap looking, with - on mine, at least - its semi-faded lettering.) The packaging states that the balm contains no parabens or sulphates - another feature that appealed to me. What it does contain, in full, are: petrolatum, mineral oil, ceresin, beeswax, paraffin, parfum, vit e, sugar cane extract, shea nut fruit, citronellol, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal and eugenol - not a great-sounding ingredients list, in my view (mineral oils usually congest my skin.) The balm itself is white, smells of talc, and is extremely oily in texture. It feels like I'm rubbing baby oil into my lips. On the one hand, I get a pretty glossy look. On the other, it's not very nourishing. In fact, it seems to be reddening my lips, rather than soothing them - I suppose my lips are reacting to something in the formulation. I don't buy balm for the look, but for the feel. I only ever wear them around the house anyway, and I like them to soothe and smooth my temperamental, tendency-to-dry-and-flake lips. So, this formula which only adds a greasy film to the surface of my lips won't be a re-purchase.