Almay One Coat Dial Up

3.2

This product is okay. I got it at the dollar store so I guess I can't complain. As other reviewers have stated, levels 1 and 2 are identical. Level 3 has a tiny bit more "oomph". I wouldn't recommend this for a person who has thin lashes as this will not do much. It's good for a natural look though.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I actually really love this mascara ! I can't find it anywhere anymore :( it gives me volume & length & hasn't dried out on my yet ! I've had my tube for a year & it's still going strong ... i do wish it wouldn't flake towards the end of the day - but otherwise, I'm definitely going to continue my hunt for a second tube.

The concept and the cheap sale of this product had me buying it. I don't do washable mascaras, which is why I won't be repurchasing, but the wand on this is fantastic. I really love rubber brushes, and the idea that I can choose the setting of the amount of product on my brush was cool. The product gave me good length and volume, so I would recommend to those who enjoy washable mascaras. This product just wasn't for me.

on 9/17/2012 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I like this mascara. Its not the best I've tried but its great. I like the comb type brush. It applies evenly and does not make a mess during application to the lower lash line or the inner corner. The formula is wet but not watery. I just use #3 on the dial. I think the chubby packaging is a bit clumpsy IMO. But for my lashes I get length not necessarily volume. My bf noticed my lashes recently when I wore this and men usually dont notice things like this. So I guess this mascara did something right.

on 7/10/2012 8:49:00 PM

This is an okay mascara but when you put it on a 3 it clumps and sticks your lashes together. If you put it on a 2 it gives it you very natural looking lashs over all I won't be repurchasing

on 6/5/2012 12:24:00 AM

Got mine @Dollar Tree. HATE IT! Don't get the "dial" thing at all, as they all apply the same to me! GUNKY JUNKY lashes every time! And how, in the world, do you wipe off the excess??? My tube is so filthy! This makes my lashes look like thick spider legs, and that's with just one coat(can't believe this is even from Almay)! Also used it as a liner, with a brush, and it stayed on ALL day(the only positive to this thing). The WORST mascara I've ever used!

on 4/10/2012 5:10:00 PM

1,2,3 all give about the same amount of mascara on the brush, i recommend going right to 3 for the top lashes. for thick lashes apply 2-3 coats on top lashes. for me what works best is to apply 1 coat of 1 on the bottom lashes. Overall, its a great product

on 4/9/2012 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My friend bought this mascara for me on Mother's Day, (weird, I know, I'm only 15 and 0 kids) but I was happy anyhow. However, I was confused about the number thingy, because 1,2, and 3 were all the same, and 3 did make a difference, but not much. The amount of mascara was the same, and the length + thickness was the same. So I absolutely quit all mascaras and my lashes are thick as ever. But I wouldn't recommend this to anyone in dying use of a mascara.

This mascara is very good quality and I find that it does not clump easily. It also washes off fairly well and offers very good coverage of the lashes. Very good sized wand, easy to hold.
I find that the "1, 2, 3" Dial up thing to be a waste of time....just go to #3 and you'll be perfect as I don't see a difference between ANY of the numbers and the amount of mascara that is on the wand.

This mascara is okay. I like really natural makeup looks, and this mascara clumped up my clashes pretty bad. The wand comes out with globs of mascara stuck to it, even on level one, and it is the only mascara I have at the moment. It's quite easy to use, though, and the color is great, but I do notice that I have smudges under my eyes at the end of the day (not really bad, but noticeable) and that it is a little hard to get off. I would recommend this for more dramatic mascara looks, or if you needed a thicker mascara for spidery lashes, not if you like natural yet defined lashes.

Popular Mascaras