September 21, 2014 | 2104 users online

Treatments (Face) - Stridex - Naturally Clear Acne Medication Pads

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Made me break out 10x worse, smell disgusting, leave a nasty residue, BAD! end of story.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by YbbaC

OMG this "Stridex natural control"product has left a huge rash on my face!!!! I have always used salicylic acid products on my face, & NEVER have had this happen. The rash was instant. I washed this stuff off my face. Put some hydrocortisone on all the red spots ( 3/4 of my face) & now I'm icing my forehead & hoping this gigantic red rash calms down. Ya know... Wow! I thought acne was embarrassing!!!!???? I will never use this product again & I recommend if you're reading this to save yourself the $, worry, embarrassment, & frustration. Thanks Stridex.... You suck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by gerlygerl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all, I just want to note that the triangular jar says "Natural Control" really large, even though the name of the product here is listed as something slightly different.

I really like these. My super-sensitive/rosacea/eczema but acne-ridden face started clearing up the night I first used these. Unlike what's mentioned in other reviews, they didn't leave my face sticky and I didn't detect any scent at all - but the pads are huge and seem wasteful (they could be cut in half) and are completely soaked in the solution. When I wipe them over my face, they can leave a light foam, which seems rather odd.

To me, there are no negatives to report. I absolutely love this drugstore product! The formula is alcohol- and silicone-free with 1% salicylic acid and antioxidants, and is gentle on my skin while helping to clear my acne. I prefer these pads to my old standby, Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid, which usually left my face sticky and irritated my skin more than these Stridex pads. I'd definitely recommend checking these out.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by nyanwatson23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got these because I liked the thought of it being natural. First off though, The package LEAKS! I took them with me to camp last year (they would make quick clean up when I was too busy being a councilor) and it leak into the rest of my bag! recently IO used them again and I think its the reason I'm broke out terribly at the moment. the pads are kinda rough on my skin, and they left my skin feeling very sticky, and the pads were actually, too wet. I don't have sensitive skin, yet it burned/ stung somewhat. Do not like these.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by BeautyHaunt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I found these inexpensive pads at Walmart while hunting for a BHA (beta hydroxy acid) to assist in clearing out my pores. After using this product, I experienced even more clogged pores and a few deep, sore spots in my t-zone. I attempted to use it as a spot treatment, but ended up with only an increase in inflammation. As another reviewer has mentioned, the pH in this product is not low enough for the BHA to work properly, and the remaining ingredients are more irritating than they are beneficial. Currently, I am not seeking revenge on any friends or family, otherwise I would have passed this on to them. This ended up in the trash.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by LilacShine9

These face pads with acne treatment are not good if you have sensitive skin. They left my skin feeling stickyish, red, and caused flaking the next day.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by katherynxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I broke out in hives because of this product! But everyone's skin is different though. And to be honest, it almost seemed as if my acne got better after the hives went away...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by BethanyBez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this when I couldn't find my regular Oxy pads at the drug store. I don't know if Stridex focuses its market on men, but there's something masculine about the packaging to me. I was skeptical about how well these would work when I didn't smell that familiar alcohol scent or feel the familiar burn. The pads are big and soft and smell a bit like oranges. But even though this is not what I'm used to, they seem to be working pretty well! I think I'll switch back to my old brand simply because I've become obsessively loyal, but I would recommend these for people who have sensitive skin and don't like using products that can feel a bit harsh. And if I can't find my regular brand in the stores, I'll pick this one up again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by missashley884

These pads seem to be more soaked with product than their other ones do. I use this on alternating days at night before my moisturizer. I have always loved stridex products and this one is no different. It's a basic skincare product, nothing special, just gets off anything left over after washing my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by phoenix76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this. I have oily skin and cystic acne and through a faithful skincare regimen, and no dairy products lol, I keep my skin smooth and blemish free. I use these after my cleanser, morning and night, and they give my skin a small but effective dose of salicylic acid to help exfoliation. With these I make sure I have removed all traces of any makeup, cleanser, etc. and they do it without overdrying my skin as they are alcohol free. I get them for 4 dollars anywhere.