Avon Nail Experts Exfoliating Manicure Gel

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/2/2010 2:58:00 PM

I got this product free when I purchased Avon's Strong Results and was curious to try it, but wasn't expecting any great results, as I have always struggled to find a good cuticle remover. However, I was very pleasantly surprised with this product.

It comes in a small glass jar (only 8ml - looks mini-polish sized) with a screw top that contains a paddle shaped spatula. The gel inside is amber in colour with various sized exfoliating beads and scrubby bits suspended in it, and has a nice almond scent.

To use, I soaked my nails for 5 minutes then applied the gel. The instructions simply state "massage into nails and cuticles" which is what I did for a few minutes before rinsing. It was surprisingly relaxing to massage this into my cuticles and immediately the surrounding skin felt soft. I then pushed back my cuticles as usual and did find that it made this job easier. The gel also helped me to remove the dead bits of flaky skin that tend to collect near my cuticle on the nail plate.

Since trying this out, using the gel has become a regular part of my manicure routine. I like it a lot better than my usual cuticle remover (Sally Hansen Soften & Soothe - the only cuticle remover I have been able to find in the UK that works) as I don't feel like it dries out my nails as much. I will continue to repurchase for as long as it is available, and hope that Avon doesn't discontinue this as it does with many of its products.

Popular Treatments