July 31, 2014 | 995 users online

Lip Gloss - Jane Iredale - Lip Fixation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by emmaveronica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this product in the color coral/beige/nudeish shade Craving (see pictures). I have to say I think it stays put really, really well and I'm a total nazi when it comes to smudgy lipsticks that move around! I love this one but I'm not sure it's a lip stain...? It provides maximum coverage and is perfect for doing a 1960s Bardot-lip if you put some pale soft pink lipstick on top!
It's kind of runnywhen it comes out of the container, I kind of like that, but quickly dries on your lips and allows you to add any lipstick you want on top. I basically use it as a base coat-thing, it actually stays on for hours and hours and hours (at least this shade, maybe they differ?) if I don't use the sticky transparant gloss (that has the most delightful smell of toffee though!).

I did use another shade and found it to be a whole other (worse) story which is a bit weird...?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by roarwoman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Very dissapointed with this product. The idea is great. One tube is a lip stain and the other tube is a gloss to enhance, packaged together. Like the reviewer before me I found the stain wore off pretty quickly and I ended up with the stain outlining my lips but no color in the middle. The gloss is alright but it's not spectacular. The tube cost me $32.00 CND which is par for the course with Jane Iredale. I had a problem with the packaging. The color and gloss leaked out of the top, staining the lining in my purse, so that put an end to this product and my recommendations to try it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by DCKathy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this in the color "Fascination." It's a pretty color, but the product says it will plump lists and that it's long lasting. Neither is true. It's a two-part product: the lip stain goes on first, then wait a minute and put on the gloss. It doesn't last as long as products designed for that: in fact, if I talk for awhile, it wears off on the inside of my lips, so it looks like I have just lipliner on, and I hate that. It also doesn't seem to plump my lips at all; the salesgirl warned me that it wouldn't do much, although the ads say it will.

I'm sorry this didn't work out, as it is very pretty, a little darker than my lips and with a nice glimmer from the gloss. However, it's very high priced for a small tube, so I wouldn't buy it again.