Kirkland Moisture Shampoo

4.4

water sodium cocoyl isethionate cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine methyl isethionate disodium cocoyl glutamate sodium lauryl sulfoacetate decyl glecoside ammonium cocoyl isethionate divinyldimethicond/dimethicone copolymer disodium laureth sulfosuccinate helianthus annus (sunflower) seed oil lycium barbarum fruit extract aloe barbadensis leaf extract camellia sinesis leaf extract cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract persea gratissima (avocado) fruit extract punica granatum extract melanin vitis vinifera (grape) seed extract glycol disterate glycerin fragrance quaternium-91 sodium cocoyl glutamate peg-120 methyl glucose dioleate amodimethicone panthenol polyquaternium-10 ppg-3 benzyl ether myristate chlorphenesin methyl gluceth-20 guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride c11-15 pareth-7 laureth-9 phospholipids hydrolyzed vegetable protein pg-propyl silanetriol c12-13 pareth-23 c12-13 pareth-3 trisodium ethylenediamine disuccinate trideceth-12 superoxide dismutase sodium ascorbyl phosphate tocopheryl acetate methylchloroisothiazolinone methylisothiazolinone

on 3/29/2015 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My hair is curly and had been so dry and brittle for about three months. It was awful and splitting so bad. I tried different shampoos and conditioners, deep conditioners, coconut oil, olive oil, but nothing helped. I ended up cutting off six inches and bought both the Kirkland shampoo and conditioner. I've been using them for three weeks and there is such a big difference in my hair. I don't use any products in my hair. I just let it air dry. It looks so healthy and shiny again and it is so soft, no longer crunchy and puffy. You don't need to use a lot of either one, a little truly goes a long way and if you use too much it will make your hair heavy and oily right away.

on 3/21/2015 6:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This stuff is AMAZING!!!!! I was reading on another website about some shampoo recommendations and one person recommended this. MUA had good reviews so I decided to try it out. It's like $8 for each bottle and they're 1 liter.

Like stated earlier, this stuff is amazing. You don't even need to use a whole bunch so this product is going to last me forever. Other reviewers have complained about the smell but I love it so it just comes down to personal taste. Test the smell out at Costco. The shampoo makes my hair feel so soft and clean that I don't even need the conditioner every time, although I usually do a small pump of conditioner. It REALLY cuts down on my frizz. I can wear my hair unstyled (I usually straighten it) and still feel confident. My hair has really never felt this soft and my mom even commented on how nice my hair looked. She tried the shampoo as well and loves it now and has decided to use this on her color treated hair rather than Redken.

I have fine hair so I was scared that this would make my hair really greasy/oily after one day because of the moisture. I can go about 2 (3 if I wanna push it) full days before I need to wash my hair again. I really love that it doesn't have sulfates or parabens. So impressed with Kirkland.

I'm so scared about calling it my HG because every time I do that a product will start failing me. If my opinion on this product changes then I'll definitely update but so far I am super happy. I do wish that they had a bottle-cap version so that it would be easier for when I travel but it's not a big deal and definitely worth it. I really hope that they don't stop making it. I'm about to go and pick up 2 more bottles.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this because so many people are comparing this to Pureology (which I have never tried). This was about $8.99USD.
It does have a fragrance to it, but it faded out during the day.
This first time I used it I was not too impressed as it left my thick hair very limp and somewhat dull. Not sure why. So I put it in the closet to save for later.
A couple of weeks later after a glazing treatment and using hairspray for the humidity in Texas my hair got really dry again. I decided to try these again and wow! my hair was left very moist, bouncy, soft, and shiny! amazing!!
I am not sure what happened the first time I used the shampoo and conditioner that it didn't work, but the second time using it worked like a charm!
Too bad its only sold in Costco! :(

on 2/10/2015 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Very gentle, well priced shampoo. It doesn't strip my hair, leaves it soft and doesn't weigh it down. Light neutral scent that doesn't linger when my hair has dried. This isn't strong enough to remove the buildup from the serums I'm using but it doesn't add to the buildup the way some shampoos (and conditioners) do. I do use a clarifying shampoo once or twice a month (neutrogena). Would repurchase.

on 1/10/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The only shampoo i ever buy. My hair is so healthy and soft when i use it. I also love the way it smells and how it doesnt have that much chemicals.

on 12/15/2014 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I picked this up at Costco because at 9.99 for a liter, it seemed like a small risk if it didn't work out. Happily, it's a great shampoo. The quality far surpasses much more expensive shampoos I have used. Is this a repackaged version of a name brand or a kirkland exclusive? Whatever it is, it's fantastic.
I use it almost exclusively as my shampoo (I use a clarifying shampoo every month or so). I have thick, wavy, waist-length brown hair that get frizzy when it's dry. This is an extremely moisturizing shampoo, more than HH, smooth as silk, AOHR, and any number of Jason shampoos I have tried. It's really thick and concentrated and the lather is insane for a sulfate-free formula. It's a super thick lather that is so rich it's almost hard to spread. I make sure my hair is soaked with water before working this through to make it spread easily. The fragrance is STRONG and lingers after washing. It's a powdery-oriental perfumey smell that i don't mind but I could definitely do without. It does leave a coating behind, but this works great for my hair and what makes it so gentle and moisturizing. It's not waxy or greasy, just a slick residue that my hair drinks up and is not noticeable when my hair is dry. If you often find that moisturizing hair products leave behind too much residue for you, you will not like this. If you find that all shampoos, even sulfate-free ones, leave your hair stripped, try this because it might be a moisturizing holy grail. My temperamental dry scalp likes this as well as anything else. The bottle is sturdy and the pump works perfectly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing! I have damaged curly hair, from (heat) straightening, and I tried a number of products to moisturize it. I've tried salon, drugstore and all natural shampoos, but nothing's ever worked as good as this! It makes your hair very soft and silky and removed most of my frizz. It made my hair much easier to manage! The smell is awesome, and the price is affordable! I love the pump, I don't like capped shampoos- pump-shampoos are easier to use in the shower.The conditioner is amazing as well, I detangle my hair in the shower with the conditioner. This product does a great job of keeping my hair healthy while straightening it so much!

on 9/20/2014 7:24:00 AM

I love this stuff and wish I could give 4.5 lippies. It cleans well and is sulphate free so doesn't irritate my scalp. The only reason to take off 1/2 a lipp is the Mastey creamy sulphate shampoo works slightly better for me- my hair has slightly more body with it. However for the price difference (less than half the price), I opt for Kirkland because it *almost* as good and its easier for me to pick this up when doing groceries. I've had a few of the pump bottles not work on me so I just swap the pump with a functioning one.
Shampoo smells nice and lathers well. My husband also likes this and doesn't find the scent too feminine. I have fine, straight hair.

on 7/10/2014 1:55:00 PM

I'm not one to use cheap shampoo. My favorite shampoo products are Wen and Kerastase. I decided to give this shampoo and conditioner a try on a whim after reading the ingredients and seeing that it's sulfate free. As with most products, I also looked it up first on makeup alley to read the reviews. After reading good reviews, I decided to give it a try. I have been using it for about 8 months and I really love this product! Especially the price! It cleans my hair well and leaves it feeling soft and bouncy. I've tried other sulfate free shampoos and I love that this lathers well. Other brands don't lather up like this one does. The bottles are big sized bottled and I love that it's a pump style packaging. I highly recommend!

on 5/19/2014 11:04:00 PM

I've purchased two huge bottles of this shampoo within the past 4 years. After getting a free sample in the mail, I got hooked. This cleans my scalp without harsh detergents and leaves the hair soft and moisturized, not stripped. I've even convinced all my friends and relatives to use this shampoo, giving away small bottles when they come over.

If there's one thing I dislike about this shampoo, it's the scent. It smells like cough syrup, kind of like a Victorian medicinal blend you'd get in a pharmacy. Not foul, though, and definitely worth the results. I do rotate with a clarifying shampoo about once a month to remove build-up.