August 30, 2014 | 1778 users online

Hair - KIRKLAND SULFATE-FREE SHAMPOO

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by janeen83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not one to use cheap shampoo. My favorite shampoo products are Wen and Kerastase. I decided to give this shampoo and conditioner a try on a whim after reading the ingredients and seeing that it's sulfate free. As with most products, I also looked it up first on makeup alley to read the reviews. After reading good reviews, I decided to give it a try. I have been using it for about 8 months and I really love this product! Especially the price! It cleans my hair well and leaves it feeling soft and bouncy. I've tried other sulfate free shampoos and I love that this lathers well. Other brands don't lather up like this one does. The bottles are big sized bottled and I love that it's a pump style packaging. I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by dnivera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've purchased two huge bottles of this shampoo within the past 4 years. After getting a free sample in the mail, I got hooked. This cleans my scalp without harsh detergents and leaves the hair soft and moisturized, not stripped. I've even convinced all my friends and relatives to use this shampoo, giving away small bottles when they come over.

If there's one thing I dislike about this shampoo, it's the scent. It smells like cough syrup, kind of like a Victorian medicinal blend you'd get in a pharmacy. Not foul, though, and definitely worth the results. I do rotate with a clarifying shampoo about once a month to remove build-up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

For the price, this shampoo is a fantastic find. I have thick shoulder-length hair which has been straight all my life but has recently decided to become poofier and significantly wavier. It's actually curly in the back now. Hormones, I guess?

Anyway, I don't use this shampoo exclusively because I have to use Head & Shoulders Intensive every so often to keep my scalp under control. I wash my hair maybe twice a week and use this shampoo probably 3 times out of 4.

It lasts forever and ever, for one thing. You don't have to use much, it lathers up beautifully, and makes my hair so silky I don't bother with conditioner. I do still use a leave-in conditioner if I am going to flat-iron my hair.

I find that I have to wash my hair a bit more often when I use this shampoo. My hair gets more noticeably greasy, more quickly than with other shampoos. But I guess that's because it's sulfate-free and not stripping the hair cuticle like other shampoos. I think people with finer hair, or hair more likely to get weighed down, would not like this product as much. But for me, it's peachy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by multistudygirl1994

I only rated it so high because it is a really good product-I can feel it, the formulation and texture and consistency of product is great, but; the shampoo heavy for my healthy, natural virgin hair that does not need loads of protein. I've used Pureology and love the product, but I have not tried the Nanoworks which is supposed to be the one that Kirkland is trying to mimic with this shampoo. If my hair were to be color treated or processed in any way I would definitively give this a try so they'll stay in my shower to be used occasionally when I feel my hair need a little extra protein or moisture perhaps during winter. I will state that I have dandruff and buildup issues and I hoped this would help with it as some reviewers have experienced but that wasn't m case. I have only tried shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hands down, the single most amazing shampoo & conditioner combo I have ever used. My hair is extremely thick, coarse, color-treated, heat-styled, naturally wavy, and has a tendency to be dry. I picked this up after learning it is made by Pureology. I paid $10 for the shampoo and I believe $8 for the conditioner at Costco, both in 33.8 (1 liter) bottles with a pump top. I cannot believe the high quality of these products. The shampoo is sulfate free, and a thick, creamy peach-toned pearlescent formula. It lathers surprisingly well for a sulfate free formula, and rinses clean, leaving my hair feeling soft and silky, but not weighed down or coated. The conditioner is white and very thick, but it also rinses clean & leaves my hair feeling great. After using these, my hair was super smooth & soft, and blowdrying straight was easy (unusual for me). It also had an incredible sheen and less flyaways/static. For my coarse hair, this is borderline miraculous. After one use, it is literally like I have different hair. Over time, I'm sure this will drastically improve the condition of my hair. I do use color, so I am also excited to see how this preserves color. I will say that the fragrance is a little bit strong (reminds me of Victoria's Secret Amber), so if you're sensitive to that, it may bother you. I am fine with it. Overall, I am blown away by the high quality of these products. I believe I have finally found my HG shampoo & conditioner.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by ween1016

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have long fine hair, but I have a lot of it. This shampoo and conditioner weighed it down so badly after 2 uses that I could do nothing with it. I purposefully ony put the conditioner at the ends of my hair the second time and got the same result. I gave these to a friend in the hopes it would work for her. I wanted these to work for me, but no dice. The smell also reminded me of some sort of musky perfume from the 90s. Hard to put my finger on it, but the scent wasn't for me. Back to Aveda Brilliance shampoo and conditioner for me at almost 10x the price, but they work and smell great.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It took me a long time to decide whether or not I liked this product. But it's just not working for me. My hair is thick, curly, and coarse. It blows out easily, tends to be a bit oily at the roots and drier at the ends. I don't tend to look for moisturizing shampoos (I use a good conditioner for that) and I want a shampoo that will leave my hair very clean feeling. This is a very mild shampoo and might be good for many hair types. However, my hair never feels clean with this stuff. I tried using a cleansing shampoo once a week (I only wash about 3 times per week) but still it felt build up during the times I used this shampoo alone. My hair gets oily and heavy very quickly with this product. I'm not buying this again. I also find the smell a little annoying.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by CCR1021

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have long, coarse, wavy and kinky thick hair that tends to get dry especially since I have highlights and have colored in the past. This shampoo and conditioner is amazing. It gives great moisture to my hair without weighing it down. Since I sweat a lot I shower daily and my hair is still very healthy. My hair stylist complements me on the healthiness of my hair and I believe it is partially due to the Kirkland brand. I have been using this on and off for a couple years. I always find that I come back to this product. Personally I love it especially for the price because I have to use a lot for my hair type.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

This stuff is awesome.. I've used every shampoo, conditioner combo under the sun... All of them have started out good but lost their luster after a while.. Not this stuff.. The shampoo has a luxurious lather for a sulfate free product. The conditioner works great with it.. My hair feels healthy, shiny, and bouncy. This can be compared with some of the priciest high end stuff on the market but for a fraction of the price.

I love WEN but it hates me. This makes my hair feel just as good without the breakouts that WEN causes. Plus the smell if a hundred and ten times better. I don't see me running out of this any time soon but I will run to costco to get another pair when it does.. Ladies, you really should try this! I am so glad my friend talked me into it!

*update* I was told that this is a dupe for Pureology nano works... So I did a little digging. I compared the ingredients and went to ulta to check nano works. Ladies this is the EXACT same thing. Same scent. Same ingredients. Same everything.... Only difference is the price. Save your money gals. Seriously! Do the research! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by carinnemj

What a fantastic cheap buy. I got a liter each of the shampoo and conditioner for $25 total and it will probably last me and my husband a year. The shampoo gives the richest lather I've ever gotten from a sulfate-free formula and the conditioner is just divine, thick and creamy but clean rinsing. I've been using the pair of them for about two months and my hair (shoulder length, fine, color treated) just loves it. And it smells like some fantastically decadent dessert. Win-win-win.

$12.49 for a 1 liter plastic pump bottle.