Kirkland Moisture Shampoo

4.3

water sodium cocoyl isethionate cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine methyl isethionate disodium cocoyl glutamate sodium lauryl sulfoacetate decyl glecoside ammonium cocoyl isethionate divinyldimethicond/dimethicone copolymer disodium laureth sulfosuccinate helianthus annus (sunflower) seed oil lycium barbarum fruit extract aloe barbadensis leaf extract camellia sinesis leaf extract cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract persea gratissima (avocado) fruit extract punica granatum extract melanin vitis vinifera (grape) seed extract glycol disterate glycerin fragrance quaternium-91 sodium cocoyl glutamate peg-120 methyl glucose dioleate amodimethicone panthenol polyquaternium-10 ppg-3 benzyl ether myristate chlorphenesin methyl gluceth-20 guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride c11-15 pareth-7 laureth-9 phospholipids hydrolyzed vegetable protein pg-propyl silanetriol c12-13 pareth-23 c12-13 pareth-3 trisodium ethylenediamine disuccinate trideceth-12 superoxide dismutase sodium ascorbyl phosphate tocopheryl acetate methylchloroisothiazolinone methylisothiazolinone

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this because so many people are comparing this to Pureology (which I have never tried). This was about $8.99USD.
It does have a fragrance to it, but it faded out during the day.
This first time I used it I was not too impressed as it left my thick hair very limp and somewhat dull. Not sure why. So I put it in the closet to save for later.
A couple of weeks later after a glazing treatment and using hairspray for the humidity in Texas my hair got really dry again. I decided to try these again and wow! my hair was left very moist, bouncy, soft, and shiny! amazing!!
I am not sure what happened the first time I used the shampoo and conditioner that it didn't work, but the second time using it worked like a charm!
Too bad its only sold in Costco! :(

on 2/10/2015 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Very gentle, well priced shampoo. It doesn't strip my hair, leaves it soft and doesn't weigh it down. Light neutral scent that doesn't linger when my hair has dried. This isn't strong enough to remove the buildup from the serums I'm using but it doesn't add to the buildup the way some shampoos (and conditioners) do. I do use a clarifying shampoo once or twice a month (neutrogena). Would repurchase.

on 1/10/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The only shampoo i ever buy. My hair is so healthy and soft when i use it. I also love the way it smells and how it doesnt have that much chemicals.

on 12/15/2014 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I picked this up at Costco because at 9.99 for a liter, it seemed like a small risk if it didn't work out. Happily, it's a great shampoo. The quality far surpasses much more expensive shampoos I have used. Is this a repackaged version of a name brand or a kirkland exclusive? Whatever it is, it's fantastic.
I use it almost exclusively as my shampoo (I use a clarifying shampoo every month or so). I have thick, wavy, waist-length brown hair that get frizzy when it's dry. This is an extremely moisturizing shampoo, more than HH, smooth as silk, AOHR, and any number of Jason shampoos I have tried. It's really thick and concentrated and the lather is insane for a sulfate-free formula. It's a super thick lather that is so rich it's almost hard to spread. I make sure my hair is soaked with water before working this through to make it spread easily. The fragrance is STRONG and lingers after washing. It's a powdery-oriental perfumey smell that i don't mind but I could definitely do without. It does leave a coating behind, but this works great for my hair and what makes it so gentle and moisturizing. It's not waxy or greasy, just a slick residue that my hair drinks up and is not noticeable when my hair is dry. If you often find that moisturizing hair products leave behind too much residue for you, you will not like this. If you find that all shampoos, even sulfate-free ones, leave your hair stripped, try this because it might be a moisturizing holy grail. My temperamental dry scalp likes this as well as anything else. The bottle is sturdy and the pump works perfectly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing! I have damaged curly hair, from (heat) straightening, and I tried a number of products to moisturize it. I've tried salon, drugstore and all natural shampoos, but nothing's ever worked as good as this! It makes your hair very soft and silky and removed most of my frizz. It made my hair much easier to manage! The smell is awesome, and the price is affordable! I love the pump, I don't like capped shampoos- pump-shampoos are easier to use in the shower.The conditioner is amazing as well, I detangle my hair in the shower with the conditioner. This product does a great job of keeping my hair healthy while straightening it so much!

on 9/20/2014 7:24:00 AM

I love this stuff and wish I could give 4.5 lippies. It cleans well and is sulphate free so doesn't irritate my scalp. The only reason to take off 1/2 a lipp is the Mastey creamy sulphate shampoo works slightly better for me- my hair has slightly more body with it. However for the price difference (less than half the price), I opt for Kirkland because it *almost* as good and its easier for me to pick this up when doing groceries. I've had a few of the pump bottles not work on me so I just swap the pump with a functioning one.
Shampoo smells nice and lathers well. My husband also likes this and doesn't find the scent too feminine. I have fine, straight hair.

on 7/10/2014 1:55:00 PM

I'm not one to use cheap shampoo. My favorite shampoo products are Wen and Kerastase. I decided to give this shampoo and conditioner a try on a whim after reading the ingredients and seeing that it's sulfate free. As with most products, I also looked it up first on makeup alley to read the reviews. After reading good reviews, I decided to give it a try. I have been using it for about 8 months and I really love this product! Especially the price! It cleans my hair well and leaves it feeling soft and bouncy. I've tried other sulfate free shampoos and I love that this lathers well. Other brands don't lather up like this one does. The bottles are big sized bottled and I love that it's a pump style packaging. I highly recommend!

on 5/19/2014 11:04:00 PM

I've purchased two huge bottles of this shampoo within the past 4 years. After getting a free sample in the mail, I got hooked. This cleans my scalp without harsh detergents and leaves the hair soft and moisturized, not stripped. I've even convinced all my friends and relatives to use this shampoo, giving away small bottles when they come over.

If there's one thing I dislike about this shampoo, it's the scent. It smells like cough syrup, kind of like a Victorian medicinal blend you'd get in a pharmacy. Not foul, though, and definitely worth the results. I do rotate with a clarifying shampoo about once a month to remove build-up.

on 3/27/2014 6:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

For the price, this shampoo is a fantastic find. I have thick shoulder-length hair which has been straight all my life but has recently decided to become poofier and significantly wavier. It's actually curly in the back now. Hormones, I guess?

Anyway, I don't use this shampoo exclusively because I have to use Head & Shoulders Intensive every so often to keep my scalp under control. I wash my hair maybe twice a week and use this shampoo probably 3 times out of 4.

It lasts forever and ever, for one thing. You don't have to use much, it lathers up beautifully, and makes my hair so silky I don't bother with conditioner. I do still use a leave-in conditioner if I am going to flat-iron my hair.

I find that I have to wash my hair a bit more often when I use this shampoo. My hair gets more noticeably greasy, more quickly than with other shampoos. But I guess that's because it's sulfate-free and not stripping the hair cuticle like other shampoos. I think people with finer hair, or hair more likely to get weighed down, would not like this product as much. But for me, it's peachy.

I only rated it so high because it is a really good product-I can feel it, the formulation and texture and consistency of product is great, but; the shampoo heavy for my healthy, natural virgin hair that does not need loads of protein. I've used Pureology and love the product, but I have not tried the Nanoworks which is supposed to be the one that Kirkland is trying to mimic with this shampoo. If my hair were to be color treated or processed in any way I would definitively give this a try so they'll stay in my shower to be used occasionally when I feel my hair need a little extra protein or moisture perhaps during winter. I will state that I have dandruff and buildup issues and I hoped this would help with it as some reviewers have experienced but that wasn't m case. I have only tried shampoo.

Popular Hair Products