September 17, 2014 | 1705 users online

Eyeliner - NYX - Slim Eye Pencil - 928 Velvet Gold

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This silvery taupe liner is a stunningly beautiful shade that is perfect for the lower lash line. Great pigmentation, especially for a lighter shade. However, as a very fair-skinned gal, I think it would be best for those with tan, olive or other darker complexions as it would show up better because of the contrast. For me, it just looks like a hint of shadow there.

The pencil is not super creamy but goes on smoothly enough and doesn't tug. It's cheap, it's beautiful and it doesn't cause any eye irritation - everything a person wants in a liner. (not waterproof)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Absolutely gorgeous neutral but smokey colour!

Price: $4 CAD
Colour: browned beige
Finish: shimmer
Pigmentation: full
Texture: creamy

This is the perfect colour for the lower lash line when you want it to be smokey but not quite dramatic. Really fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by lcoffta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I truly love this site. I would never have come across NYX products nor this one in particular had it not been for reviews or this page. This eyeliner is PERFECT for everyday wear and is a DREAM as far as simplistic beauty goes. Even brown sometimes looks too harsh against my white skin and blue eyes, so I am delving into the bronzey/tannish eyeliners. I at first was skeptical of this color thinking it would be too light, but the finish and shimmer of this is really wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Such a beautiful color, like shimmering sand and its finish reminds me of the way crushed velvet glows in a soft light. The color is beautiful and gives your eyes a beautiful light, making you look more awake. It lasts fairly well, a couple of hours on the waterline, a couple more hours on the bottom lash-line. Will repurchase as long as it is made.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

This is such a beautiful color it's very light more like a nude then anything. I bought this a few days ago on vacation and have used it every day since (5 days). It's great on the waterline for everyday not very harsh at all you can see it but it's very faint so it's perfect for work and or school. This isn't waterproof so on my waterline it lasts me roughly about 2 hours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have a few NYX eyeliner pencils and they are excellent quality for the price. Velvet is a beautiful, slightly shimmery, light golden brown. Looks fantastic on the waterline. Being very fair skinned, I prefer lighter eyeliners, as black can look too harsh. Velvet is very pretty and natural looking. Also - it doesnt budge! Very long wearing. Velvet is very similar to MAC's Powersurge, although Velvet is more gold and is slightly lighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by maggiejeanjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was part of my very first NXY purchase (Buy 2 get 1 at Ulta--so I bought a lot) and I was unsure what to expect. It is a taupe-y metallic with slight gold shimmer (very close to MAC's Powersurge, but just a tad lighter). There is a nice smooth consistency to the pencil. This is a quality eyeliner pencil for a very reasonable price, will definatley not hesitate to purchase more NYX products :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by dezyttt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is such a unique color. To me it seems like gold, and the finish reminds me of MAC's Veluxe Pearls. That similarity is what really caught my attention with this eyeliner. No matter how I do my makeup, this stuff seems to complement everything.

It really amazes me that there aren't more reviews on this; when I searched it on here, I was expecting this color to be super popular. How this has gone under the radar, I don't know, especially when this great color is so cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by 1StyleWarrior

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is a mix of golden-taupy color. It's hard to describe. I am an NC45 (in Studio Tech) and it's the best color I have found to use in my waterline. I also use it as a highlight on my brow bone and the inner corner of my eye. I think it would also work well as a base for eyeshadows because it is a very creamy/soft formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by anne4hoang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very complex color. It is a flesh tone-tan-taupe-champagne with a hint of gold. It is a shimmery but not glittery. I like to use this on the bottom eyelid to make my eyes appear larger. It makes the white in my eye whiter.

This eyeliner looks especially good with bright dark blue eyeliners. I like to line my top lid with L'oreal HIP eyeliner in Midnight blue then use NYX Velvet on the bottom. These two colors really compliment each other really well.