September 30, 2014 | 1919 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Volume Anti-Humidity Hairspray

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by KristyBarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate this hairspray. I got a sample of the ultra hold i think in the purple and loved it so I thought this wouldn't be that bad and seeing how I use to use garniers hairspray a lot awhile ago and loved it I wanted to switch back. This gave my hair no hold - all It did was make my hair crunchy and as for volume ? What volume. The only thing I liked was the smell. I won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this hairspray! It doesn't have a strong smell like so many do, and what slight smell it has completely fades away very quickly (within 30 minutes). The smell is mild, a little fruit mixed with normal hairspray scent. The hold is GREAT. It keeps my loose curls in place throughout the work day without making them look or feel crunchy. They still have movement and body and look natural but they HOLD! Also I don't get any frizz or fuzziness when I use this unless I do something that causes it (too much fussing with hair, whatever) but this stuff generally keeps it in check. It says it is an extra firm hold but it doesn't make my hair feel sticky, look greasy or weigh it down at all. Plus I can brush it out later in the day without it flaking. The can is good sized, appealing looking and this only costs $4! The nozzle makes the spray come out very evenly and in a fine mist. I hate using any hair products usually for styling (besides pre-blowdry) but this stuff does a great job without making my hair feel gross and I am fine with using it every day I do my long hair in waves or curls. HG status!

Example: yesterday I curled my hair at 4:30 and sprayed it with this before going out. Sat outdoors in 100 degree weather under misters for three hours and when I saw a mirror later on at home my hair looked the same as it did right after I curled it! All my loose curls still in place with no frizz! Slept on them, woke up today and the curls still were in place and looking good enough to leave the house without doing anything to them! This stuff makes my great hair days happen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this it holds my curls but doesn't give me that helmet head feeling like other hairsprays my hair is manageable. Ive noticed other hairsprays give me headaches this one doesn't and it smells lovely. I use it when i curl my hair and to give it volume & when I don't want to tease my hair on the roots for volume. Buy it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product did help give me a little volume and held style fairly well for the day. I know it claims a 24 hour hold but I doubt I'll ever get to fully test that haha. Speaking of testing claims, I haven't been able to use this in humid weather as of yet but I'm sure I'll get my chance come summer if this is still around, since I have a few hairsprays in rotation it just might. In any case, this is a cheap hairspray that does it's job and that's all I mostly care about. The volumizing ability was just a bonus.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by LemonSun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome hairspray! Works wonders at controlling curl and frizz in humid weather!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by bink180

I bought this cause I've noticed that my sister goes through five cans each year! So, it had to be somewhat worthy to buy.

It does live up to the name, control frizz under a lot of humidity and I spray it on my roots before I blow-dry and it gives a bit of volume. It has a light fresh scent which is really nice. And the hold is okay, its not crunchy at least but I would recommend others to buy this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by goopycakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this to a sporting event in Philly on one of the hottest and most humid days of the year. I was very impressed by it. I wasn't looking for "volume" when I bought, but more of just controlling the poofiness and frazzledness to my hair. I think it lived up to its claim of anti-humidity. Throughout the time I was outside my hair didn't ever have the disgusting humid feel to it. My hair texture is medium-fine, it's not curly, but a slight wave. That may help with the manageability in bad climate conditions too. I will continue to use this in those humid months down south. Don't spray too much because it can get a sticky feel.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 9:52:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

I'm on the fence w/ this hairspray.
PROS: 1) I LOVE the strong sturdy nozzle. The nozzle shoots out the spray fast, forceful and evenly. I love that this nozzle doesn't get jambed and the spray never clogs the hole. 2) I LOVE the smell. The smell is a nice, mildly fruity scent. 3) This spray doesn't dull out the hair and you can brush through it to restyle w/ no flakes. 4) Affordable and available at most stores.
CONS: 1) Average hold. I need to use a lot of this to hold my thick long hair. This hairspray is good for everyday but I wouldn't recommend this for special events or updos. 2) Medicore volume.
VERDICT: Because my two main things I look for in a hairspray is on the Con list, I will not be repurchasing this. I will however use up this can for now.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No