July 29, 2014 | 1986 users online

Shampoo - Giovanni - Remarkably Red Colorflage, Daily Color Defense Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by xDevochkax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this line in Boldy Black. I've been dying my hair jet black for about a year or so now and this shampoo is by far my favorite out of all the color treated shampoos I've tried. The price mark is excellent ($7-$8 depending on where you buy it) and it does what it says- the color does not fade on me whatsoever. I'm not too sure on the claim of making your hair more vibrant, but that's mostly because I pay attention to and care more about the color staying locked in.

I see that other reviewers say this dries their hair out. Yes, it can be a little drying but I have never tried a shampoo meant specifically for color-treated hair that is not. What I do and suggest is to use a very moisturing conditioner/hair mask after shampooing, then a leave in treatment on towel dried hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:27:00 PM More reviews by stephabitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have bright red magenta hair. I use L'Oréal Hi Color to get it this way and paired up with this shampoo and conditoner its not a great combo. It leaves my hair very tangled and feeling dry and porous. I always end up condtioning with Sebastian Penetrait. Since there is no sulfate whatsoever, this product can build up very greatly if its the only thing youre using. The ingredients are better than the Ulta red shampoo. Thats the only high point I'll give it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

My scalp is dry and easily irritated. My hair is short, curly, and color-treated (red). This shampoo has a pearlized pink color. I wash my hair twice a week and let it air-dry. I think the shampoo, together with the matching conditioner helps to reduce fading, especially when used as the first wash after coloring. I leave the shampoo on my hair for 2 minutes, per instructions. The shampoo leaves my hair shiny and full of body. There's no scalp irritation.
The shampoo is packaged in a stand-up tube. Shampoo can ooze out of the opening, so I keep the container on its side or place it upside down.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by sweetsera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My friend got this shampoo for me in Taiwan recently and it is my first try using it. Terribly drying for my hair and caused it to entangle like mad! My normal hair was very soft and silky before shampooing due to the recent hair treatment I did at the salon! The one and only saving grace abt this product is how it made the red on my hair brighter and I totally love how red it is now! Though I'd love to go lighter.

I'm pairing this with the L'oreal Everpure Sulphate-Free Color Care System conditioner which moisturises and nourishes my hair! So it makes my hair all silky and smooth again! So it's now redder and smooth like before shampooing! (: However, I do have my doubts about getting this shampoo again! Plus, it is super expensive.. -.-"

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in the "Brazenly Brunette" and it is bad. You might as well dip your head is some vegetable oil. There was no shine whatsoever. It didn't rinse out properly and left my hair dull and greasy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was excited to try this new shampoo from Giovanni and was disappointed. The bottle, which looked rectangular in the picture, is actually rounded in the back, so it leans over and falls over in the shower. It has a flip cap, which leaks and gets messy. This pink shampoo lathers okay, but smells perfumey and tangles my hair. I lost quite a bit in the shower, more than usual. My henna'd hair looked okay after conditioning, but I don't know if this shampoo preserves the color at all because of how drying it is. I ended up giving the rest away after using it a few times. They also have formulas for brunette, platinum, blonde and black hair. The Shikai Color Reflect is better than this one and the smell isn't as perfumey. It cost $6 for 8.5 ounces at iherb.com

Ingredients:
Aqua (Purified Water), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Acrylates Copolymer, Gluconolactone, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Aminomethyl Propanol, Glycerin, Panthenol, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Benzoate, Amodimethicone, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Crocus Sativus Flower Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Red 40, Yellow 5, *Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, *Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Fruit Extract, *Lycium Barbarum (Goji) Berry Extract, Fragrance (Includes Essential Oils