April 23, 2014 | 1448 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Meteorites Perles Teint Rose

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by whitevanilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I typically use the perles over my tinted sunblock. It gives me a very subtle glow (I'm NC15) and comes with a smell which lingers only for a very short while. It is difficult to over-apply this product even if you are heavy handed as it does not provide much coverage.

As the place I am staying at has a very humid climate, it does not last when I've been outdoors for the whole day, only if I'm under air-conditioning. I do find that it has some oil-controlling properties on my skin though.

I travel a lot and always bring the meteorites perles along. They have a tendency to break up into lilac-grey powder, despite leaving the sponge over the balls to keep them in place. I'm not sure if the travel kit might be any different.

So far, I've been using the same tin everyday for a year now and there're still a lot of balls left so this product really lasts for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Jaded81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am Asian, fair with yellow undertones (I am a match to MAC NC15). I chose Teint Rose because I am fair and because I have spider veins/broken capillaries all over my cheeks and the sides of my nose (the green pearls are supposed to counteract redness).

Admittedly, when I first tried this on my face at the Guerlain counter, I did not see any difference (apart from seeing some shimmer when I examined my face closely in front of the mirror). However, I was so obsessed with this and had to have it so I bought it anyways (even though they only had the white limited edition tin available, and I had been lemming for the regular silver tinned version)!

It was only when I applied it after MAC blot powder that I saw the effect it had on my skin! If you have oily/combination skin like me, you will know that applying mattifying products will result in a very flat and 2 dimensional appearance. Enter Guerlain Meteorites in Teint Rose. This added an instant glow to my skin!

I have since abandoned all other finishing powders for this one as not only is it perfect for my skin tone, it has the added bonus of adding a soft luminescence to my skin.

Now I just have to find the perfect case to house these beauties when I am out and about!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by justinetindall

Makes me look like a flawless superstar celebrity... I get compliments every time I wear this, no exceptions. And yes, I have oily skin. No this does not irritate or make my skin oilier.
Makes you look GLOWY and AIRBRUSHED, like Eve from the forbidden garden.. (lol)
SO WORTH THE CASH, these last forever.
And I ADORE the case- beautiful and classic. I keep the sponge inside so nothing breaks and so that the balls stay in place.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

MUA, you show me pretty things and then tell me how good they are. And I fall for it every time! I bought this after reading all the reviews about it (in fact every Guerlain product I have bought has been from MUA reviews) and how it would give me a subtle glow without being shimmery. Owing to all the great reviews, I tried very hard to justify buying these again but sadly I just can't think of any reason why I would spend so much money on this powder when my current container runs out.

It does give me a glow, there is no doubt about that, and there is only a little shimmer if I look closely. I have NC15 skin and I bought the Teint Rose. I was worried that it would give my skin a pink tint but it doesn't deposit any color as far as I can see. Living in Florida means that I sweat my makeup off within seconds of being outside, so any carefully applied powder has to be pretty tenacious to withstand the heat and humidity. Yes they make my skin look more radiant and smooth, but that only lasts as long as I am in air conditioning. As soon as I leave the house I am back to being non-glowy and the powder's effect has all but vanished. This powder is just not long lasting and I am not carrying around the pearls just to reapply at the office.

The scent of these pearls is wonderful, my grandmother used to wear a perfume that smelled exactly the same so I have happy memories whenever I use this powder. But for $60 I am wondering if it is really worth it. Yes, my skin looks nice when I wear the powder, but I can get a similar effect using a powder that's a tenth of the price.

I'm not sure why, but my Meteorites came in a silver metal tin and not the cardboard container that others are mentioning (which is a good thing as I much prefer the sturdier container which I can actually reuse for something.)

I know that you pay more for luxury (or the appearance of luxury) but I just don't think I would bother with these again, even if they are pretty and smell delicious. I will use them up but not a rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally own ballz! I enjoy it because it really feels like a little bit of luxury. I do think it works well as a finishing powder, to give my face that extra something to make me look more alive, more radiant. I use it all over, and I don't think it's too shimmery (NW20 for reference). I wish it had more green balls in it, since I tend to be too pink. The package is nice, but metal would be nice instead of cardboard at this price. Smells lovely, too. I don't think it's an essential, it's just something to indulge in to make the day feel special.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 5:34:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Besides being absolutely gorgeous, this is the best setting or finishing powder I know. I use meteorites brush w it and it picks up beautifully. Teint rose ideal for my rose clair 12 foundation. It's such a non powdery powder if that makes sense: blurs imperfections and doesn't exacerbate Dry areas. Pores are non existent and fine lines aren't Cakey like so many other powders. Probably wont have to repurchase any time this century cause these balls aren't goin anywhere anytime soon - so a superb value!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

A wonderful product which makes you look healthy and radiant. It is a powder in the form of pressed balls of different colours. Helps to even out skin tone, add radiance and freshness to the skin. When you apply it on your face you can't really see it at all. At least I can't. And it doesn't have any obvious shimmer in it. Yet the effect is there. Just beautiful. The colours might look weird: pink and blue. But they absolutely don't show up on the skin like that.
I use Make Up For Ever kabuki brush to apply the product or Eco Tools Powder brush. The latter provides a sheerer application. The colour works fine for me both in winter and in summer months (I am NW20/25). But I guess it doesn't really matter what colour skin you have.
The only downside is the product is not mobile at all. The balls are too fragile and the box is too bulky.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by katarinapierce

Holy grial product. I would say that I do not necessarily need it or can't live without it, but the subtle glow it gives me makes it a staple product in my collection.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by meru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find that this oxidises on my face after 2/3 hours and makes my face a lot darker. It's a shame since I love the softening effect of this powder. Will not repurchase as it is expensive and I can live without it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by linachu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging is beautiful, the product is beautiful and the effect is beautiful. Your face will look luminous and fresh, with the slightest touch of shimmer. It's a great subtle (very subtle) highlighter, but I like to use this as a finishing powder. This is is "brighter" one of the group.