Guerlain Meteorites Perles Teint Dore

3.9

I'm nc25 to 30 and got dore (04) to use as a finishing powder. It's too bronzey for that. The bronze effect it gives is v nice and natural though. It's slightly reddish and luminous. It does have sparkle but only detectable under my reading light.
I will use it but medium girls beware unless its a bronzer you're looking for.

I fell for these Meteorites Balls big time and ended up with Rose, Beige and Dore - oops how did that happen!! It's amazing what can be justified in the name of make-up :)

For my pale and pasty winter skin these balls are too tinted, however on my tanned summer skin it's time for Dore to shine. My skin is around NC 15 with a yellow undertone, however with a slight summer tan, I can use these balls as a bronzer on my cheekbones, forehead and down my neck.

When I first apply them I don't see a lot of difference straight away but these do give me some slight bronzing or oxidise a bit which is more noticeable when they've had a few minutes on the skin to settle in. I don't notice them being too shimmery once really buffed in but love the healthy look they give off.

My current favourite brush to apply these is the Jane Iredale Handi Brush - this brush helps pick up a good amount of product when swirled around and is a great soft and dense enough brush for buffing them into the skin.

I have had Dore now for over two years and hardly made a dent in them so think they will be sticking around for some time yet before I would have to consider a repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

When I heard that these were going to be discontinued and there would be a reformulation, I scoured the Sephoras nearby.
I managed to score one paid $67(!!!) and was very happy about it. When I applied it to my face, I didn't notice any difference (I am NC 40-42). I was so disappointed. However, I didn't return them because I knew they were gone, gone, gone so I keep it on my vanity, because the container is sooooooooooo pretty and cute.
I still apply it but I use it more of a finishing powder to blend all my makeup in seamlessly.

NOTE: There was a Guerlain warehouse sale in my city at the end of May. They had these little pretties there as well. (Only $30, I should have waited before! >.<)
I ended up buy Teint Beige and with that colour, I can definitely see a difference. It looks almost as if I was glowing but it is so subtle.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Worthy buy if you have never purchased this before as there has been a reformulation. Current formula....far from a glitter bomb. Works best on skin with very little no skin issues that require concealer. Very fragrant...so heavily that it brought my husband to a sneezing fit. I see this lasting a very long time.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

this product is a fun/fancy experience for a daily make up. the packaging is wonderful, metal box with paper inner layer, fine sponge on top, pearls are well protected, just seeing it sitting on my shelf already a joy. it is a pricey make up item, like all the other Guerlain product,but also they all last long time. I use this pearl to set my make up, it has medium shimmer finish, less than highlight effect, can use all over the face,or chest and shoulders for summer time or dinner party with spot light. my skin is combination type, oily on nose, with this product,when I dont sweat too much while the day then I dont need touch up. it is not too dry to use in winter time, also so far dont have the enlarge-pore-effect in my view, will still keep an eye on this. (I have use it for half year now,everyday once, but still barely see it getting less in the box, so after all, the price is very reasonable ) I wont buy this color cause been long enough time to finish it, it give shimmer healthy skin look, but with a bit blushing effect would be better. I will try the Rose one from the same collection next time.

I have used all of the three colors of meteorites and my personal favorite is Teint Dore 03. I use it on all skin tones with a pretty high success rate. It gives a lovely golden glow that is reminiscent of sunny glow on the skin. I have used it on all ages from mid 80s to teens and it looks beautiful on most skin tones.

I also will use some of the pink meteorites such as the one with the bee on the cover and Crazy pearl meteorites on the face where the sun would kiss me if I was outside for a while. The effecti is very pretty.

If I can only have one thing on and it is this color of meteorites it is so magical that I would be content. It adds the most beautiful healthy glow like it wakes me up.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

edit- i realized my skin looks better without this. did a half-face comparison, with and without. i also think it's expanding (right word?) my pores slowly, though i take it off every night. but i still use it at every opportunity just because it's so luxe... Note the similarity to Reese Puffs cereal, though.
I love the experience (luxe packaging, violet scent, swirling the brush)--so fun and glam! But I honestly think this does very little for my skin. Very finely milled and good quality, but the end result is so-so.
The bronze effect is okay...not that healthy looking, it looks a bit greyish. It does give a soft focus effect for sure, but looks a little dull. I think my skin looks better with some of my pressed powders (Diorskin Nude, Clinique Almost powder, or even LORAC Perfectly lit luminizer) used as finishing powders, rather than this. It does make my base last longer, but so do most powders. Basically, I LOVE using this, and i love owning it, and I know that *IF* i ran out, I would repurchase in this exact colour. So, is this a recommendation? Well, if you don't mind paying for what is basically a fun ritual every day, something that doesn't really add to your looks, then yes. Otherwise no.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Guerlain Meteorites in Teint Dore 03 (1.05 oz for $57 usd) is a finely milled luminous powder. I am in NC 40 warm tan skin tone. Teint Dore comes in beige, golden brown, medium brown, deep dark brown and pale pinkie purplish (lavender) small balls. These 5 tones creates a healthy illuminating glow to cheeks for a highlighter or all over the face as a setting powder. The shimmers are so subtle and does NOT makes a face looks like a disco ball. It just add a beautiful soft shimmer that brings radiance to a face. Meteorites has a scent of a soft iris flowers, Guerlain's signature scent which I find smells so good. The product houses in a beautiful silver metal can with intricate designs. The lid of the can is so beautiful with a light pink flower design. Meteorites is expensive but it comes in a huge product that would last over a year with everyday application. If you are looking for a luminous soft glow setting powder and/or a highlighter, you might like the meteorites.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love these! The packaging is luxurious and the little pearls are cute inside their little box. I use this like a bronzer and it leaves glowy sunkissed look. More kind of subtle sheen than overly glittery one. When used over a blush, it creates very natural and pretty finish.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. because it smells soo good and the balls in different colors are just gorgeous!! I like the effect of sparkly glitters on my face.
I got this as a present from my Mom though and if not, I wouldn't buy this product because it is really expensive. I also love the packaging!!