November 23, 2014 | 1001 users online

Foundations - Black Opal - Total Coverage Concealing Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Kissiq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought in Beautiful Bronze to cover acne scaring on my cheeks and jaw line which has normal to dry skin.

Covers well, drier formulation than the stick foundations, more pigment and very solidly packed. If you have dry skin this would make an excellent under eye concealer/highlighter product.

It is an oil formulation so I wouldn't recommend application to oily skin. I have no serious transfer issues

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

if you have oily skin...steer clear of this. it made me a greaseball!! even after blotting throughout the day, the shine and grease came right back. the coverage was pretty good at first but then faded.

UPDATE:
this works well as an undereye concealer..so i added a lippie.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this for about a year and just started using it. I don't wear foundation all over my face, just wear I need it. I'm darkskinned with yellow undertones. Everytime I went to MAC they'd match me with NW45 which is the wrong undertone. I went to NARS and got Trinidad in Sheer Matte, but I ended up taking it back. It's too expensive for someone who doesn't like a face full of foundation.
Anyway, I'm Beautiful Bronze in Black Opal and it's perfect on my skin. It has a yellow undertone that is perfect for me so I don't end up with that orangey makeup look. It blends perfectly and doesn't have that stupid transfer like the stick. Black Opal really has some great products. This is def one of them.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this today to try it out. I haven't been using a true concealer as such, instead I use Black Opals Lip Corrector as a foundation since last year after finding out by accident that it gave a better, thinner and more vibrant shade of yellow undertone color than all of the other foundation I've tried. I found a lot of other foundations either broke me out, melted on me, oxidized and tunred reddish (making me look older) or were never a good color match.had this grey undertone.

I use medium in the lip corrector, my skin shade is the exact shade of tootsie rolls candy. I bought the Total Coverage Concealing Foundation in Truly Topaz which I remember I used to buy years ago in all their other foundations (stick, creme, liquid). I only used a little and could see the difference immediately. It covers very well but the test of time is key. I've only had it on 30 minutes but i'll repeat the review after a day at work and see if it faded or broke my sensitive skin out. SO far i'm impressed though. It didn;t make my skin feel tight or loaded with too much malke up.

3 DAY REVIEWS
The color looks ok when you put it on but for some reason after a minute or two it starts looking grey. I used a little for the undereyes but the grey shows through my other make up. Maybe it's too light. I love the coverage though and the way it didn;t crease up under the eyes or break me out or make my skin dry. If it wasn;t for the color i'd give this top marks. unfortunately for now the wrong shade lets ti down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by JonMoss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in Heavenly Honey. I use it as an undereye concealer to cover those genetic dark eye cirlces. The product lasts almost all day and there is a generous amount. Black Opal has always made great products for women of color.