August 23, 2014 | 1882 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Queen Collection Natural Hue Minerals Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by JaeH

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately my complexion is sensitive and the Covergirl queen collection just makes matters worse, even though after several applications I can usually get good coverage. It makes my face itch terribly and perspire as well two minutes after applying regardless of the amount used, so you can imagine how miserable I am an hour later. It is very oily and transfer is insane. I am ALWAYS reluctant to embrace anyone because it makes a real mess of that person's clothing. It is the only thing that comes close to giving me the coverage I need but I am not happy with the way it makes my face feel (hot and itchy). Certainly wish someone could come up with great color choices that are true to color, far less chemicals and less oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by citygirl1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I started wearing this product in Light Bronze a few months ago and I like it. I'm not crazy about it, but I 'like' it. It keeps the oil at bay for about a few hours then I have to start blotting every half hour. I just wish they would make their products more for oilier skins like me. The shades are beautiful, but I had to purchase my powder one shade lighter because everything else was too dark. I also hit pan rather quickly, so I might have to purchase 2 at time, it's puts a tiny dent in my wallet, but it's worth it. :o)

Secretly, I miss my Bobbi Brown pressed powder.....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

as far as the powder itself, i liked it. it was easy to apply,oil free w/ a fairly small ingedient list, gave my face a nice,matte,smooth appearance and wasnt messy. however, its so hard to find the right shade! the shades are a lot darker than they appear and the color chart is misleading. the advertisement said that queen latifah is brown bronze 1,so i got brown bronze 2 because im a shade or two darker than her. the shade turned out to be way too dark and had red undertones in it. so i went back and got brown bronze 1, which was still too dark even though it looked fairly light. at that point, i called the 800 number on the box to get some assistance. the guy was very nice and helpful. i told him that i have a medium brown skin tone w/ yellow undertones and he said that i should be using light bronze 1. the advertisement had a light skinned latina looking woman wearing that shade....so who would have thunk it?? it would be great if they had testers available. the process of finding the right shade was frustrating and annoying. the guy did send me 2 replacement coupouns which was nice but by that time i had already moved on to something else.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by wdenise6

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have mixed feelings about this product. It has nice coverage you can wear it alone. I love the way it look when I first put it on perfect color match (ebony bronze 2) but no matter what I do (primer, etc.) it turns orange and oily. I saw someone on Youtube put a little translucent powder on top of this I tried it and it do help but not enough for me to buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by pimpcessleelee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is great with not just women of color, but finally, women with darker complexions. I bought this when the fresh complexion one discontinued in the soft sable color. It was great and blended with my skin quite well. The downsides are, I probably wouldn't recommend this in the summer. I would wear just primer and the pressed powder sometimes and I broke out, terribly. Also, by the end of the day, I looked like I ran with liquid foundation on my face. Not cakey but greasy! Even along with the liquid foundation, it doesn't cover blemishes. Other than that, when winter time comes, this can be worn everyday.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by pisces31919

I've heard a lot about this product and I finally managed to track it down at my local Family Dollar. I picked this up in Ebony Bronze 2 and it matches my skin perfectly. Doesn't leave looking ashy at all and it has great pigment. I wish more of the collection was available in my area. I'm just happy that a drugstore brand finally understands that women of color wear cosmetics too!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by JonMoss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A great product for the various shades of women of color. I have this powder in Light Bronze 1. The coverage is medium and gives a nice sheen; it doesn't look ashy at all. You can wear it alone and it looks beautiful. I hope they never discontinue the Queen Collection line as it is very difficult to find good shades for women of color at drugstores.