Rimmel Moisture Renew - Pink Chic

on 9/25/2014 6:51:00 PM

This is a very flattering lipstick! I believe that it is mostly a cool toned pink with a tiny amount of shimmer (its not completely matte). Its rather bright but I wouldn't say its bold. Its a great spring/summer color! I am very fair (nc5) blue eyes and neutral skin tone and it looks good on me. Im not too crazy about the scent or the packaging though.

Pros
-inexpensive
-color is flattering
-creamy/smooth application

cons
-tacky packing
-strong fragrance

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this lipstick! I wear this as part of my daily makeup look and have been wearing it for years! The color is pretty matte and looks a little nude with a pink tint to it =) I dab this onto my lips and add a hint of gloss and wala! Glossy pink lips =) once I run out of this tube, I will definately be purchasing another one! =)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am a nude lipstick kind of girl always wanted to wear pinks and brighter colors.i do not think this a blue based pink as everyone seems to think its a little warm.its not frosty either,just has a sheen.it's a good pink for lighter still yellow Hispanic ladies.i do admit i wont wear it without gloss since i think its not opaque enough on its own

on 11/7/2011 6:09:00 PM

This color is not frosty whatsoever. It's a pop pink/pale fuchsia creme color with a little bit of a sheen in its finish. The color is matte without shimmer, sparkles or frost but the finish is not a dry matte.
I like to mix up my hair color every now and then. Naturally, my hair is a pretty plain brown with which I like to wear peachy lipsticks, but usually in the winter I like to go to a darker, chocolate-y brunette. I wanted a bubblegum bright pink for my lips when I have that darker hair, and I looked up and down cosmetic aisles for the perfect shade before I picked one. This is hands-down one of the best drugstore lipsticks in this shade and it goes perfect with my dark hair/pale-ish skin combo.
Most of the time I use a lip brush to apply this color. It makes the lipstick last longer and I get a precise and perfect shape, but you can certainly get away without using a brush because it's easy to work with.

I find this is also a great color for mixing. I love nude lips but some shades can be too invisible and close to my skintone, so I give them a pink undertone by swiping a little pink chic over the nude color.

I like the moisture renew lipsticks but this shade is awful! I have fair skin with a pink undertone and it doesn't look pretty! It's very frosty and blue toned..few are the people that can look great with that color. When I use foundation I use one with a yellow undertone which neutralizes my skin tone but still that lipstick looks bad! My sister is a little tanned and she looked like a jersey shore girl...so dissapointed..

on 7/29/2011 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this lipstick! It's a beautiful slightly bright pink. It looks good with my skintone when my skin is very light and also when I'm tanning (and I get pretty dark!). I prefer to apply this with a lip brush as I find this creates the best look for me and applys evenly. This is a matte color so you do need to exfoliate before wearing, but I don't think this is as drying as many other matte lipsticks at all. I can actually apply this without any lip balm sometimes, which I really can't do with any lipsticks, so the "moisture renew" part is true! I also have NO idea where people are getting the idea that this is frosty. It's not. Not in the least bit. It's a matte lipstick with a slight sheen. Loves it!

on 7/5/2011 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I quite like this lipstick, and I don't like lipstick. I am very pale, and can imagine this would be hard to pull off on other skin tones. It is a bit frosty, but not much at all (I hate frosty makeup, it's so cheap looking). It is a bit lilacy, but not enough to turn me from it (I don't understand purple lipstick, sorry lol).

It isn't drying, isn't obnoxious smelling, lasts a bit (1-3 hours) and the tube holds up. I wear strawberry chapstick under it, dab a bit on until I get the color I like (usually not much) and cover it with a lipgloss of some sort and it's nice.

on 6/29/2011 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

OK this is NOT a warm or bubblegum pink that you see in the swatches! All the swatches on hand or even the actual color of the stick are very misleading. Its a really light, blue toned Frosty pink. The frost is not flattering at all, especially for tan or dark olive skin. I don't understand how it worked for so many people, because I find it hard to believe it looks good on any skin tone except MAYBE the really fair, untanned ones.
The smell is really bad and cheap and i thought the lipstick was pretty expensive for a bad drugstore product @ ~5 USD
Ah well, hope I am able to return it.

on 5/10/2011 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The lipstick itself is great just like all the others from the Moisture Renew line, they really make lipstick a breeze to wear. I really don't know what I was thinking buying this, though. For some reason in the store's lighting I thought this was a warm-salmon colored pink but when I applied it in natural lighting, it is a bright (but not too bright) baby pink.. WAY too cool for my skintone. I can see it looking gorgeous on fair skinned girls, but it makes me look like I'm fresh out of the hood about to head to my corner. The finish is pretty though, I'm rating this a 5 because it deserves it, I'm not going to bring down the ratings just because I picked the wrong color for my NC35 skintone. So, ladies.. warm skintone = hell no. Cool skintone = OMG GET THIS, it's so pretty. :]

on 4/24/2011 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is the the first Rimmel product I have ever purchased. I love the formula of this lipstick... it feels more like a balm than a traditional lipstick would feel. The color is very wearable on my fair skin and I can definitely see myself using this as an everyday, grab and go lipstick. I am NOT a fan of the smell at all! It's kind of a deal breaker for me. It would be a little more tolerable if it were toned down just a tad.

Popular Lipsticks