September 20, 2014 | 1781 users online

Eye Shadow - Canmake - Four Shiny Eyes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by alee26

I have one in 03 (the neutral brown quad). These shadows are rather shimmery and are best used with a primer to make their true colours stand out. I do experience alot of fallout with these considering the shimmery formulation and find it hard to work with when using brushes so the sponge tip applicator or your finger is the best way to apply these. Blending is rather difficult too. These won't last without a primer and will fade quickly and settle into the crease. I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2010 3:13:00 AM More reviews by hikuto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The palette I got is 03 Milk chocolate which contains a cream (highlighter) light coppery brown, a medium brown and a coffee brown (liner). Each of the shades are very shimmery when applied.

So I got this to go to my friend's wedding since I wanted a clean and simple look that works mainly for the daytime. It applies easily and blends well together. But I did notice that since I have oily hooded lids the shimmers tend to merge together at the end of the day, so staying power is so-so. Also the colour pay-off is alright, a little more sheer, bare in mind that I didn't use a primer of any sort at the time.
With a primer, the colour is stronger and more distinctive from each shade. Also staying power is very much enhanced by a primer ;;

Price-wise it was around 80HKD which I think is reasonable in my opinion and the fact that it'll last me for quite a while. The package itself is very cute with the diamondish shape cut, the only thing is that the glitter/shimmer in the eyeshadows tend to end up being somewhat messy inside the case ;;

Overall this is a palette that I like quite a lot despite some cons and I love using the first 2 shades in the palette in particular for a simple yet shimmery look.