September 21, 2014 | 1877 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Damage Therapy: Daily Moisture with Micro Moisture Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by cattitude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got a huge bottle of this stuff at Costco for cheap. I have thick, coarse dry hair and Dove is by FAR the best drugstore brand of shampoo/conditioner I've tried.
The only complaint I have about this shampoo is the perfumey/artificial scent. Fortunately it seems to fade as my hair dries.
I will definitely be repurchasing Dove shampoo- next time I would like to try the oil shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by showfish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first time I ever used this shampoo was when I colored my hair. It was AMAZING so I decided to get another bottle since I ran out of the first. Somehow it didn't workout too well this time around, I don't know why but it made my hair flat and unmanagable. Maybe it was TOO intense for my hair. But I would definitely recommend this to people that have bleached, colored, lightened thier hair .

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by LadyClaudia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This shampoo made my hair feel extremely soft and silky. I can feel the difference from my old shampoo. The packaging is cute and it smells great. All in all, an amazing shampoo for the price. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by ss2320

This shampoo made my hair limp but restored its shine nonetheless. It worked perfectly on my mom's hair though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 4:10:00 AM More reviews by azcohn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't really believe there's a big difference between shampoos, but I bought this because I recently spent a lot of money on highlights and I wanted to try to preserve them and keep my hair in decent shape. This seemed to be doing the job but - again - I figured any shampoo (especially one that was geared to protecting colored hair) would do the trick. But then I went on vacation, and for a week I used the hotel-supplied shampoo (the no-name brand in the cute little bottle). And that's when I realized that this Dove shampoo really did make a difference and that my hair was a lot smoother, softer, and shinier after I use it. So thumbs up to this shampoo - it does what it claims to do.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by anqa071599

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really love this!
I have really frizzy hair which used to be curly, but since my parents had it rebonded, it's just a mess of strings that are really ugly.
Whenever I put it on, it feels really soft, but when it dries up, my hair becomes really dry again.
I like the conditioner much better. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Camstar1000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is really good. Yes it has sulphates in it and possibly cones, but it is good at smoothing my natural afro hair down. Although I have the conditioner as well, I rarely use them together because they offer different things to my hair.

The scent is heavenly. The shampoo does not strip my hair as much as other conditioners, but it is good. When I use it I believe that my hair is moísturised before even using the conditioner, which is always a plus for natural curlies.

I am quite impressed with the packaging as well, as the olden version was really unattractive and uninviting.

I got this at Asda for £ 1.19 for 750ml.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by nauticalsummers

I really love Dove products - I have never had a bad experience from the Beauty Bar to the Shampoos and Hair Sprays and Serums and Anti Perspirants - they all work great!

I typically use the Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo, but I switched to this one because I got it in a bonus pack.

I use both the Shampoo and Conditioner daily (Because I am blessed with a discustingly active grease producing scalp) and it leaves my hair happy and healthy. My hair smells pretty, Looks shiny and is soft and smooth.

This shampoo cannot reverse damage such as split ends - But, if you read the package, it will help maintain the health of your hair and insure that it traps in moisture.

I can't help but add a comment in regards to other reviews I have read.
Some reviewers have said:

1. 'It made me loose hair' - Shampoo will not make your hair fall out, There are no harsh chemicals that would damage your scalp and hair folicals to cause this. However, your hair goes through a number of 'cycles' over about a 4 year period. One of which, involves an increased amount of hair loss.

2. 'My blond hair has turned to an orange tinge!' - I have a really hard time believing this is a result of a mild shampoo such as this one. You're delusional.

3. 'It made my hair greasier over time' - I have a terribly intense grease problem where I can wash my hair in the morning and by the next morning it is repulsive. It clumps and looks wet. No matter what shampoo I use this has never changed. I have never found an issue where this shampoo increases the likelihood of greasiness.

All in all - Everyone has different body chemistry. What will work for one girl will not work for another.

In my experience - This is my fav shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by xrainbowbarf

I love this shampoo & conditioner! My hair is very processed and I do a lot of heat styling so my hair is very, very, very dry and in need of moisture. I was using Nexxus Humectress Shampoo & Conditioner and I actually prefer this Dove over it's pricier counterpart. I actually feel as though it's better than many of the expensive salon shampoos I've bought but I'll give this another month or two before I make my decision.

My boyfriend's mom was going through the transition between red to blonde and I was really surprised at how soft and shiny her hair was so she suggested this shampoo. I bought it, tried it and loved it. My thirsty hair is really soft, shiny, manageable and hydrated. Its also a steal for the price - I can get great results with a cheap shampoo? Fantastic, sign me up.

But whatever you do, don't get Dove's Nutri-Oil line. ITS HORRIBLE.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by XenaY

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought a big container of this at Costco. I have dry, wavy, coarse, colored hair. This shampoo added absolutely no moisture at all. My hair felt and looked so dried out. I didn't want to waste such a large bottle of shampoo so I gave it to my husband to use. He has thin, soft hair which is on the oily side. He thought it was okay at first but now he's said he's not really liking it. He'll use it up but this definitely won't be repurchased.