July 23, 2014 | 1173 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Express Finish - Prompt Petals

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by ElizabethV

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very disappointed with this nail polish. It looks like a pastel pink with miniscule silver shimmer in the bottle but it turns out to be Pepto Bismol pink on my nail (?). Also it streaks badly. Tried one coat, two coats, base coat with one coat, different combination but the results are still uneven (and in array of vomit pink). Tossing it to the waste basket after writing this review.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by violetcobra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's been a while since I gave a product a bad review, but this is as bad as I've seen in ages. This lovely pink color--pure pastel bubblegum pink (slightly cool/lavender toned) with slight fine silver--did not apply well. It was almost a powdery, non-liquid feel. Very hard to keep wet and even when putting each coat down, therefore, dried rather lumpy and streaky. And I used my standard go-to base coat: Nailtek II Foundation which is a must for any weirdly inconsistent polish. In order to have this lay smooth, I added MORE Nailtek II Foundation over my 2 coats of this color then topped that with another coat of Prompt Petals and finally Sally Hansen Mega Shine topcoat. I'm not really happy with the application and with the evenness of the polish. Too bad because the color is pretty, similar to Zoya Sweet (the pink one) but with the shimmer.