Chanel Joues Contraste in Pink Explosion 64

4.6

on 7/9/2015 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

My previous blushers were Mac and although the colours were great they did not last very long on my skin. I do have a bit of an oily skin and with or without primer I never found their blushers to last so I went looking for a new range. I found Chanel Jouse Contraste and loved the colour, I told the SA about my skin's tendency for oiliness and she said it was fine, the contraste should last longer than the creme blush. I chose the Pink explosion 64 shade, it is a light, natural pink with sparkles however it does not come off as glitter on your skin.
The packaging is great, it comes with a dust cover an in a compact with its own brush. I think the brush it comes with is sufficient and you don't need a blusher brush as Jouse Contraste is just for the cheeks area and maybe around the eye area to brighten it up. The blush is light and very natural looking however it is build-able like all Chanel makeup so the intensity is dependent on you. Its a great product with great packaging, the best blush I have used and it has the most amazing smell of roses that instantly makes you smile.

on 4/9/2015 6:09:00 AM

I adore this blush so much! It gives a lovely rosy but natural look which is perfect on my pale skin. It blends out well and I've found the brush that's given to work pretty well for me, even for blending and softening the intensity.

10/10 would buy again. Although I haven't actually bought it yet - I've been sneakily using my mum's until either a) she finds out, or b) I can afford my own ;)

perfect!i have been using it forever since it gives yoi a subtle and natural look

on 6/29/2014 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This pink was lovely. But the shimmering was not obvious compare to I tried it on my hand. Agreed with others the brush provided was useless I use my own brushes brush work better.

on 2/15/2014 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'd seen this blush online and tried this and rose initial on in store and wanted both but being as i couldn't afford both at the time i went for this one as it was a little more intense than rose initial and i figured i would just use a light hand with it if i wanted a more subtle flush. I know the smell of these blushes isn't to everybody's taste as it is quite strong and rose scented but personally i thought it was lovely. The compact is smart and tidy. The brush is a little scratchy but it will do for on the go touch ups.Contained in the compact is a decent sized mirror. Lasting power was good for me( applied on top of my Vitalumiere foundation) at 6-8 hours before needing a touch up.I think the formula here in the UK is different to the USA but i found it was easy to apply and blend.

on 4/16/2013 5:55:00 PM

I love this blush. It is the perfect pink, and probably suitable for any skin tone. Chanel never breaks me out. There was a lot of hype about this blush. They made a ton of money off of it. It is great for an everyday go to blush.

on 3/26/2013 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is absolutely gorgeous. Chanel blushes are so coveted, and this made me realize why, after using MAC blushes for so many years. I love my MAC blushes, but the pigmentation in the Chanel's blushes really is incomparable.
It really is a pink explosion. It's very bright yet demure, and looks beautiful on my porcelain skin. I have soooo many blushes, yet I end up using this one more than not. My other blushes are lonely! This is the perfect bright pink. The brush that comes with it is useless, but other than that, it's perfect!

on 2/9/2013 6:38:00 AM

Such a beautiful blush! I have tried numerous blushes on the market, and none compare to this. The colour is lovely and pigmented - but does not make you look like a doll. It gives you a fresh faced, rosy cheek look. The colour suits me perfectly (I'm very pale, Mac NC15) and it gives a nice burst of healthy colour to my face. I tried other Chanel blushes which didn't suit my colour but this one really does fit.

The only thing I do not like is the brush that is provided within the compact. It really is quite impossible to blend the colour using it and get a even application but I guess it is okay for when you are on the go and are left with no brush! The mirror that is provided is really lovely and high quality.

I bought the blush last summer (in May) and it is now February and I still have a little bit of product left after using it every day. Definitely a good buy :)

on 5/29/2012 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am absolutely loving this blush. You know how it is, when you first try something on, either it is gorgeous or it isn't. Then you begin the dance of talking yourself out of/into it because it is either trendy or on sale. Well, this blush was a home run right away. I tried it twice before I bought it, both times loving it while testing. Once I bought it, I bought the new Chanel blush brush as well and let me say, the combo does a perfect cheek every time. This is not pinky pinky doll pink, this is a natural flush look, not really cool toned at all, but fresh and happy. It cheers me every time I use it, which is every day. It has finally replaced my nars deep throat that I wore forever. Chanel blushes are fantastic, and this one is no exception. Worth the money - even the included brush is lovely, but I say spend the extra few bucks and get the Chanel blush brush with this!

on 3/19/2012 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I loved this shadow. It has a slight micro shimmer flecks in it, but it deposits a great soft pink color on me. I think it is soft and pretty and blended out, I have to be careful not to apply to much and I am MAC NW45 and this shows very nice..I do wish it was unscented.