Everyday Minerals Juniper

Not tested on animals

Love Love Love this color! If you are a fan of Everyday Mineral's eyeshadow in "Room Addition" and "In the Garden," then you will definitely like Juniper.

Juniper is a shimmery cool-toned gray-brown/pewter eyeshadow. The shimmer is not over the top - in fact, you can easily dust off the shimmer and you'll get a lovely satin layer of this color over your eyelids.

It kind of reminds me of MAC's pigment in Sweet Sienna (LE) but Juniper is less shimmery and has more color to it.

on 8/29/2010 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I ordered this from Everyday Minerals a few weeks ago, and since it arrived it's been one of my "go to" colours.

Firstly, the packaging. It comes in a normal mineral eyeshadow sifter pot, which means it can get a little messy. As EDM have fairly recently moved all their larger products to a slide-covered sifter, I wish they'd come up with something similar for their eyeshadows. It retails for $2.50 for a generous 1g sample pot, or $6.00 for the larger 2.5g "mini" size which is the full-size for EDM's eye products. I have the full-size version, and it will last me a long time.

Juniper is a neutral, deep brown with hints of silver shimmer in it. It's quite hard to describe as I haven't seen a similar shade before - most shimmery brown eyeshadows seem to glint more on the golden spectrum, which makes this stand out from the crowd a little.

This is one of my favourite eyeshadows ever. It's so versatile and beautiful! If applied with an angled liner brush it makes a pretty neutral but striking eyeliner, and depending on how you apply it as an eyeshadow, it can be anything from subtle to out-there sparkly gorgeous. It's very pigmented but also extremely blendable.

If you have other EDM eyeshadows, I find this goes beautifully with Driftwood on the lid, with a touch of Champagne lucent or Taj Mahal eyeshadow as a highlighter.

on 6/28/2010 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought a sample size of this for 2.50. This is such great color. I agree with everything the poster below said. Its not exactly the color I expected but it is beautiful. Definitely one of my favorites from EDM. I'm actually suprised this doesn't have more reviews.

on 6/28/2010 11:21:00 AM

I was actually really surprised by this color - not at all a shade that I would have expected with the name Juniper - which I thought might be a greenish dark shade but actually to me, it looks almost exactly like fools gold - a deep grey with both gold and silver in it. Very beautiful. Its also one of the easier shades to blend that I've encountered among Everyday Minerals darker colors - I didnt even need a base to apply it along the crease. If you like In the Garden or Room Addition, this is definitely up in that league.