April 16, 2014 | 862 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Blemish Control Lathering Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Rawlins1

This did awful things to my skin. I ended up breaking out in hives all over my face after using this. I liked the pump but didn't like the smell at all. Will not buy again and my bottle is going in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by HollyG69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMGOLLY! this was like made for Oily Skin it controlled my oil and I have been blemish free. This made my pimples that I had on my upper lip and fore head fade. The scent is a little strong but smells fantastic! If they ever discounted this I would CRY and never stop. I don't recommend this for Dry skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by miranda99111

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like this product at all. I have dry skin and it made my skin even more dry after using it. It's a gel cleanser and the smell is okay. I wouldn't recommend it seeing as it did not help get rid of my pimples and zits.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by rosiepalms

This has helped prevent the acne i get on my forehead. Cost was about $8 CAD. It is a little slow at clearing the exsisting pimples on my forehead, but also isnt drying out my nose/mouth area. Neutrogena was WAY to harsh for my skin so ill continue to use this. I would like to try the anti aging blemish prone skin cleanser as well, but havnt found any sales for it. ive seen it going for about $19 CAD!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this cleanser. But my Olay Cleanser is called Olay Acne Control Face Wash. In a blue pump bottle w ith a dark black and blue lable. This is a great product if you are not seeing a derm and just want to keep the acne at bay. I moisturize right after I use this wash.

I have 40 year old skin, cystic acne prone, sensitive, Roseaca, oily prone in t-zone and needing a good cleanser to take off make up like Revlon Color Stay or MAC Studio Sculpt or EL Doublewear. This works. The salicylic acid keep future break outs at bay. I am reviewing this after 6 months of use and I love this product. Finally a cleanser for the oily sensitive girl who breaks out.

For a truly sensitive dry skin soul, I would NOT use this. If you are using other acne fighting products this cleanser will dry you out and possibly cause red inflammed skin. Keep in mind this is a Hydroxy product that even a doctor would say "Is too much" . If you are using any presciption meds, I think you should check with your doctor. This will be too harsh. DO not use if you have super sensitive dry skin.

Lastly, I love the pump dispenser.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by IUPgrad2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i bought the "new and improved" one, and it is THE worst thing ive EVER EVER EVER in my 21 years of existence put on my face.... im so broke out, so scaly and dry, its ridiculous.

dry is good, since im oily, but the scaly, and broken out is a BIG no no in my book. i personally think its the perfume in it. but idk, i feel like im 14 again the way my skin looks....

i wouldnt recooment it to anyone!

TERRIBLE!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by HappyTheFace23

This has improved my skin a great deal. But I have a couple pimples and I dont know if its my toner (which is a bit old) or my moisturizer which can be too moisturizing for the summer. When i was using it alone it seemed to work great, I hope I can stick with this. It works well, because of the salicylic acid, although it's hard to breath or see under all the bubbles .

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My forehead has been getting bumpy due to this hot and humid weather so I decided to try this cleanser since I like Olay's Sensitve Skin Foaming Cleanser. This stuff burned slightly at first and then increasingly until I washed it off and then use a different cleasner to wash the residue off. It was awful! Luckily I could return it. Bummer!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 2:05:00 PM More reviews by lemonraspberry

Hmm.. Not sure if I'm reviewing the right product, but the product I'm reviewing is called Acne Control Face Wash. It comes in a blue bottle with a pump instead of the packaging shown here. Perhaps I bought one in an old packaging or formulation? Whatever the case, mine contains salicylic acid, is oil-free, and foams or lathers well. I got mine for around $9 at Walmart in Canada, and have been using it on and off for 2-3 weeks now. When I use this cleanser it's usually in the morning and I use it once a day, and at night I use a different cleanser by Biore. I find if I used it more frequently than once a day, my skin gets too dry (I have combination skin w/ breakouts on and around my T-zone). It has definitely helped with my breakouts, because when I stopped using it as frequently (once a day) and use my Garnier 3 in 1 wash + scrub + mask as a cleanser, I get new pimples on my face or the ones I have get bigger as the day progresses. When I use this Olay cleanser in the morning my face doesn't get as oily and my acne and pimples don't get worse during the day. Keep in mind I do apply a salicylic acid containing acne treatment after I have cleansed my face with either of the two cleansers, so the treatment would be helping fight blemishes also. I also wear mattifying powder foundation on top after cleansing and treatment. Overall, I can say that the Olay cleanser is indeed more effective when compared against the Garnier 3 in 1 cleanser that I own. I would definitely repurchase later on, but not right away when I run out - just because I like to switch up my skincare so my skin doesn't get too used to it. I definitely recommend giving this a try if you have acne on the milder side like me, and using this in conjunction with a salicylic acid containing treatment cream or lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by summerlovin94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ADORE this product. i am the kind of person who will buy a face wash, use it for 2 weeks, not be completely satisfied, and then go buy a different brand. sometimes i have up to 8 bottles of facewash in my bathroom!
heres a little background on my skin: sensitive, occcasional bumps, nothing bad, blackheads on nose.
i have tried highend face washes to drug store face washes and i must say that this stuff it the best.
i rarely get any pimples now and my skin is soooo much brighter! it also doesnt leave your face dry and flakey like most acne washes im onto my 4th bottle! this is amazing considering i ususally dont even get a quatrer way through one bottle!
i dont understand why this has bad reviews! go buy it!