December 19, 2014 | 1452 users online

Polishes - New York Color - In a New York Color Minute Quick Dry Nail Polish - 230B Penn Station

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by emu_ennui

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is hands down my favorite red polish... which is saying a lot since I usually avoid wearing red polishes (can't quite deal with the semiotic baggage :P) and tend to gravitate towards funkier colors in the blue, green, and purple families.

This polish is a maraschino cherry red with super fine shimmer that seem to make the color *glow* on your nails - perfect for my glitter greedy magpie eyes :D

A bit watery and thin but as a previous reviewer stated, one coat is actually quite enough for a nice effect. The color is buildable since it is sheer and if VNL (visible nail line) bothers you, 3 coats is enough to take care of that problem though I like it best with 2 coats on myself.

I'm impressed by the speed this dries in - a bit faster than other quick dry formulas I've tried, and the brush is very nice - its a flat wide brush with supple bristles that have a nice amount of splay to them.

The color's been discontinued (boo!) so if you can find it, snap it up. I plan on hunting down some back up bottles myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by mailife4

I thought that this color wasn't going to look good but I was completely mistaken. It's a shimmery cherry red that looks amazing on the nails. It's makes me feel sexy when I paint my nails in this color.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by xoxolivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

one of the better reds that I own. it has really fine shimmers, and one coat is enough. I do not have to search for or purchase any other reds as long as I have this. It isn't super amazing, but i am content. Since im not a fan of reds, i like this because it's has some pink undertones which doesn't make the red too tacky looking. it's not as red as a fire engine... it looks sort of like a cherry stain on a white t shirt.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by p3ischarmed13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A beautiful red color that applies easily! The fine shimmers really make it stand out. absolutely gorgeous!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 1:20:00 PM More reviews by hebamo

Penn Station can be described as a berry colour in in the pinkish purple range. It has really tiny microfine glitters in it that really make the polish shine. The formula itself is very thin and watery, but it does not apply sheerly at all. One coat I find is enough to get the full effect of this polish. If more than one coat is applied, it definitely appears darker. I liked the smooth application of this polish on my nails as it wasn't streaky but without control, it can get a bit drippy. It really does dry in a minute, but I wouldn't say fully. I'd still be a bit careful about shifting. Also, these types of colours have a tendency to stain your nails after you take the polish off. This polish isn't exempt from this phenomena but it's not that bad, I'd say barely noticeable. Overall a great buy for the price and I look forward to rockin' this colour out hard on my nails f'sho.