OPI Axxium Soak Off Gel Nail Lacquer

2.7

on 3/6/2015 1:33:00 PM

I love Axxium gel! I have been doing my own nails for about 3 years now, for me it is very easy to use and lasts 7-9 days. I have no nail damage and feel it is very easy to remove. ( I just pop the nails off with a cuticle pusher) I get a lot of compliments, I use Lincoln Park After Dark, Russian Navy, and Black Cherry Chutney.

on 4/4/2014 10:50:00 AM

Welp, so now I know for sure-sure I LOVE OPI gel polish. Got it done and my Pink Flamingo nails are shiny, NO chips, and the tiniest bit of tip wear on one nail. I have been deep cleaning, worked on my car, taken long baths, and not protecting my nails at all, and they look awesome. It's a bit trying to get my nails done in a salon, I don't like hving to sit still that long, lol, but SO worth it.

Any other mani would have been LONG gone by now.

Only problem? They look so nice I don't have the heart to change the color yet! :D

on 8/24/2013 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got the Axxium done at a salon about 1.5 weeks ago and the polish on 5 of my nails is already peeling up from the bottom. The first time I got Axxium, they lasted a grand total of 2 days! I will not have this used on my nails at a salon again. They don't live up to the 2 week guarantee and when this happens, the salon I went to would not re-do them for free or a reduced price. Regular shellac or gellish actually last (up to) 2 weeks on my hands.

I am assuming this is the gel manicure by OPI.

It does stay on for a few weeks. But no matter what my nails always seem to break with the polish on and I always get chips especially by the bottom of the nail where it grows.

So even though the polish stays on it looks chipped and uneven at the bottoms and sometimes at the tips too and let's not even talk about when the nail breaks

I did have acrylics right before this and my nails are definitely weaker than that, but with the Shellac gel manicure I did not experience any chipping or breaking at all. The Shellac still looks natural but feels slightly thicker/harder than the OPI, perhaps this is the reason.

OPI does have nice colors and shine though I will say that. But the Shellac did a much better job so I do not think I will get this one so fast.

Definitely OPI gel manicures will stay on better than regular polish but I notice it is very prone to chipping and breaking. Maybe it's too thin.

on 2/11/2012 8:27:00 PM

Awesome! Dont have to worry about my nails chipping for 2 weeks. I get compliments still by week 2. It is a little harder to get off and could damage the nail, but that's why I don't do them all the time.

on 1/22/2012 8:43:00 PM

I travel all the time for work, and the concept of not having to worry about my nails at all for weeks on end was a tremendous benefit. I go for a natural look, and the Axxium product looked great and was incredibly sturdy.

Taking it off (by a professional, in a reputable salon) was a nightmare. It took close to an hour of soaking and scraping, soaking and scraping, and more soaking and scraping. Ugh. I had them redone three times over the course of two months, each time cringing at the removal process.

My nails are thrashed, as are my cuticles and fingertips by the prolonged soaking in acetone. For the first two weeks after having the Axxium product removed, regular nail polish would not adhere to my nails for more than a few hours. Moreover, my nails were rough, so even clear polish looked like crap.

I finally resorted to cutting my nails down to the quick once most of the rough areas had grown out, so I'm starting anew.

Don't do this to yourself!

To "KegC" and other with the same problem - I'm not a professional but I have been using OPI Axxium and had the same problem as you - the finished nails were sticky.
The thing you did not mentioned, and I also was not doing in the beginning, is the last probably most important step:After removing gel residue with N.A.S. 99 ( make sure the cotton ball is really soaked-in with it) - apply "Avoplex Oil & Lotion - as on the Tabletop instruction - I use massage oil and it works also.
If that does not work - also extend cure times on each step.
Hope it was helpful.

on 11/1/2011 2:10:00 AM

wow doesn't sound good at all. i was going to try it because the gel system i just got does not have a very good selection of colors but after reading this...... i will not even go close to it. I am trying this gel system with a regular nail polish for the color part of it and if it lasts 2 weeks ... i will be happy! the pro 45 led light really works wonderful becs it only takes 45 seconds to cure!!!!

on 10/20/2011 9:40:00 AM

I have the OPI axxium pale pinks soak-off gel kit. I have done this 3 times now and I have the same problem. I follow these steps (fyi, i use the 45 watts UV nail dryer:
-clean,buff and shape nail
-spray nas 99 and apply bond-aid
-apply clear gel base and cure for 1 minute
-apply color gel and cure for 2 minutes
-apply more color gel and cure for 2 minutes
-apply soak-off gel sealer, cure for 3 minutes

after the last step, the nail is still very sticky and when I rub a cotton ball soaked with Nas 99, the sealer and part of the gel polish comes off! the nail is left dull and with most of the color removed.

What am I doing wrong? Please help!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Today is day two of my OPI axxium manicure...I painted over the clear gel since I couldn't stand the clear gel alone...but the gel itself was starting to lift up around the cuticles earlier today :( I paid waaaaay to much money for this to not stay put

Top Rated OPI Products