Matrix Biolage Thermal-Active Repair Gloss

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this product. I think it works just as well as the more expensive products (like Chi). It seems to last a long time, too. I have long hair, and I use two pumps for each side of my head. I haven't noticed any hair breakage, so I will buy this again.

on 6/26/2010 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a new product from Biolage, it came out together with the Thermal-Active Setting Spray and Thermal-Active Repair Cream. I was debating between buying the gloss or the cream, then decided to go with the gloss. Let me tell you, I LOVE IT!
I have been using KS Nectar Thermique, but after one use, I think this gloss will be replacing NT in my hair drying routine, I'm much happier with the way it made my hair feel.
It has the consistency of a liquidy serum, very easy to spread on the hair, and with the typical Biolage scent. I first used some Aveda Style Prep Smooth Infusion (works well to keep humidity out of my hair), then this gloss, and blow dried with a round brush. My hair glided through the brush, and the straightening process went a bit faster than usual. When I was done drying, my hair looked glossy - my hair never looks glossy until I run the flat iron though it! I still need to use the flat iron, definitely, because my hair is naturally pouffy and I don't like the look, but I have a feeling that even the flat ironing will go smoother and look better.
I love the way my hair feels right now though - so silky and healthy.
I can just tell that the product is working, as opposed to NT, which I never felt like it did anything.
I think just like the cream, this gloss has a very light hold as well.
It is too soon to talk about how protective it is, but it definitely feels like it coats the strands with a protective layer (in a good way).
I think we have a winner!!!
EDIT October'10 - I took out 2 lippies because I actually found something that works much better than this. I noticed that I was still getting too much breakage with this serum, so the protection wasn't really all that great, plus I didn't like the hold factor (although some might love it). I am no longer using this, but I don't think it's a bad product, on the contrary, it's something that needs to be tried out, it might perform for you!

Popular Styling Products