September 17, 2014 | 1326 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Elastic

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by etteilbuO

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a big Bourjois fan and this was a bit of a disappointment. I had read all the negative reviews here before buying it but I found it on sale so cheap that, well why not. I got the brown, and the colour is really cool, very chocolaty. The mascara itself is not bad, although it takes a tad long to dry it does what its supposed to and it is easily removed without causing havoc. But the brush is SO BAD. First of all its all plastic, hard and dangerous. Forget about concentrating in the roots, if you bring it that close to your eye you will be blind. Then the actual brush anatomy, those really wide spaces accumulate a lot of mascara, and you have to take quite a while to take them off if you don't want a layer of concrete in your eyes. Really badly thought.

I'm using it till the end because, as I said, the product is not bad, but to make it work you have to take a lot of extra steps, which take time and patience. Maybe i'll wear it down with another brush, but I'm definetely not buying it again, it's really not worth it - not even on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by shanice93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't believe how many of you disliked this. I loved it! I've been using it for years. I love the brush. The fact that it's so thin means I never get clumps! I actually tend to use to get rid of the clumps other mascara's have given me.
It's defiantly a favorite of mine, the thin handle helps make control much easier. It does lengthen a lot especially if you blink whilst your holding the brush (if you know what i mean).
I would highly recommend this.
Although in England it doesn't seem to be available in hardly any shops (if any).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Rosa87

I really wanted to like this mascara but I had a few problems with it. It looked a little messy on my lashes and it was hard to separate them, I also found that sometimes I got to much product from the wand. But my biggest problem with this mascara was that it really burned my eye when I accidentally went to close to the eye with the wand, I have never had that problem with any of the mascaras I have tried.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by emilyobrienn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The tube looks really nice, and the brush is similar to loreal's telescopic which I really like so I thought I would give this a go as I usually like the Bourjois products. I have tried it over and over. This mascara is awful. It's clumpy, the odd eyelash will be really long and the rest short and stubby. The liquid itself is the problem I think, I put it on as carefully as possible and it just does not work. When I get the "long short" eyelash effect I tried using a very small part of the brush on the short lashes but they just went clumpier. The mascara is easy to remove with eye make-up remover, and does not smudge. Although it does not do it's job well... GIVE THIS PRODUCT A MISS.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I've been using this mascara for a few months now and it's finally got too dry to use so I chucked it out, but somehow I can't make up my mind about it.
The formulation is stringy, so it gets clumpy really easily, sometimes even at the first coat, and can make my lashes look really spidery! Even if I'm really careful it still makes at least some of my lashes stick together, which I really hate.
It does lengthen my lashes slightly more than other mascaras (maybe like 1-2mm more - definitely not even close to 130%!! What a ridiculous claim!) but it also doesn't coat tips evenly. Sometimes I end up with a lump of mascara at the tip of some of my lashes, even when I've wiped off the excess off the wand.
It definitely isn't volumising at all, and doesn't separate lashes - the opposite!, so considering it's not great at lenghtening either and it's abour 10 in the UK, I can only recommend avoiding this mascara. There are so many other great and even cheaper ones out there!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by QUEENREAD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Worst mascara I have had.
I have to do 3 coats, and add another mascara on top to be remotely satisfied.
No lenght or volume.
never again

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Ketchup38

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow.. I am very suprised to see bad reviews for this product. Oh well that means more for me on the shelf!

Lets start with the packaging. The extra thin top cover, makes it easier for me to control the mascara brush.
The product itself is amazing. I NEVER get clumps with this, even after at least 3 coats.
Instead I get longer darker lengthened lashes. That last all day. It's just amazing. I keep buying this over and over again as my cheaper Lancome Definicils

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 5:15:00 AM More reviews by erikakakaka

I have to agree with the reviewer below...I love this mascara and have NO complaints!! (and believe me, I am SUPER fussy with mascaras!) I have long lashes already and a lot of them so I have a real problem with mascaras clumping on me...this one has never done so and separates my lashes nicely without making them look spidery and also gives really decent volume! Couldn't ask for more!! Oh, and I also find it really easy to use on my bottom lashes. Would definitely repurchase again and again!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by amanda1071

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara!! Natually I do have semi-long lashes and a lot of them. This mascara separates all of my lashes in one thin coat. I have never experienced clumping like other reviewers have. My lashes tend to thin out towards the end and this mascara coated the tips and lengthened them like a dream. I would say this is a less intense version of maybeline falsies, so it makes it perfect for everyday. I would deffinitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2011 8:56:00 PM More reviews by MzAleex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara was the WORST MASCARA I have ever bought, If you are looking for a good mascara this is definitely not it I suggest you keep search.