December 22, 2014 | 1812 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Re-Fresh Mint

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ah, this is a nice color, really cute for spring and summer…it's almost mid-September and I'm still wearing it.
COLOR:
The true color is hard to capture in photos, some look too blue, some too green, some too bright, but rest assured this is a true pastel mint and dries on the nails as in the bottle--no neon, no light/sky blue…this is a light, minty-green. I have no idea why people are comparing this to For Audrey other than maybe it's because For Audrey is a well known color…but the two are nothing alike!--For Audrey is a precise Tiffany blue, Re-Fresh Mint is quite a bit lighter…and green. I also agree with the reviewer below when comparing to Essie's Mint Candy Apple - which is more blue-toned and a more clear color than Re-fresh Mint. Some people have commented that these colors give them "lobster hands" (make their skin look more red than usual), I'm nw20 with quite pink tips and haven't had an issue with this yet--maybe my summer tan helps balance things out.

APPLICATION:
Anyone familiar with pastels knows how difficult and streaky they can be. On that scale, Re-Fresh Mint is not bad…not the best, but workable. You could probably get away with 2 thick coats, but I wear 3 thin ones only because I insist on color being completely opaque, even when my nails are held up to the light to check for any transparency (yes, I'm that ocd).

WEAR:
Aye, this is my real problem with Re-Fresh Mint: it wears at the tips and looks rugged so quickly, like within a few hours, even with a bombproof base coat. Disappointing, so I can only wear it a few days before I need to change colors again.

REBUY?
In theory, yes, but only because I adore the color :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by whitelace6

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Comparing my For Audrey with Re-Fresh Mint definitely shows their difference, in that Re-Fresh Mint is a beautiful light mint green, not too bold or too bright. It doesn't lean towards blue like For Audrey; they're not at all similar. I had been looking for the perfect light mint for my fair, cool complexion, and I'm delighted with this. This is a creme, and it dries to a nice gloss finish. The formula is creamy yet not too thick, and it's opaque in 2 coats. The application was very easy and I like the brush. I had no chipping and a good amount of wear with a Revlon top coat. I just started wearing China Glaze polishes and I'm impressed so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 4:30:00 AM More reviews by nothingpersonail

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I absolutely love this colour but it bubbles and is streaky took 3 coats to be opaque

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

Bubbles galore! I was very careful with this one, but alas, bubbles on every fingernail! I don't like how gloopy and thick this polish is, hence the reason for the bubbles. I'm thinking some good ol' thinner should work with this one. We shall see. Overall, I'm not too happy with China Glaze right now, every other polish from them is kinda crap to me. I have better luck with cheaper brands to be honest. Oh well.

The color is very bright, almost highlighter like. It almost fluorescent on my nails, the pics online are definatley decieving, I don't see blue at all, but then again, I secretly think China Glaze makes batches of the "same" color and label, but off in some way, I always mention this instance with OPI bubble bath, there are two versions out there. I think China Glaze does the same thing. Anyways, another nail polish bites the dust.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Maybe it's my eyes but I can't see green in this, maybe a very slight slight tinge! To me it's a light pastel mint blue polish. I bought this as I wanted a greenish mint colour and some of the swatches online looked very green, but on my nails and in my bottle, it's a blue. So in that respect I was a bit disappointed, but it is a gorgeous colour none the less and was opaque in 3 coats, a bit streaky the first two, but the last one evened it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2013 8:02:00 AM More reviews by miamiamaria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I like the minty colour but I hate the fact that it's chips within 2 days of wearing it. This seems to be the issue with all of China Glaze polishes I own.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a super cute colour by China Glaze that is supposed to be a mint green but honestly I can't see that. It seems like a lighter version of "For Audrey". That's my only complaint about this, I'd prefer a colour like Essie's "Mind Candy Apple". This is a standard China Glaze formula, thick and creamy and non streaky. I wouldn't buy this again because I have tons of light blues I can wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Kanne0729

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

China Glaze Re-fresh mint is from their Up and Away Spring 2010 Collection. It is exactly what you would think it would be, a very pale mint green. There are so many mint greens floating around out there, but all of them usually have some slight differences to them. I have heard people compare this one to Essie's Mint Candy Apple, but I beg to differ and actually think that they look nothing alike. Essie's MCA has more blue to it and this is more of a green mint. I did find it to be streaky and the formula was kind of thick, so I think it's best to wait a few minutes in between coats, but other than that application was okay. Even with those slight application issues, it's a beautiful color and if you love mint greens like me this would be a good one to get.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 6:49:00 AM More reviews by ambodidi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful colour, the first time I've worn anything like this but began to chip and peel on day 2 and it was a pain to apply, bubbles galore if you're not careful, and very streaky. I suspect streaks show up much more easily if you apply light shades on darker skin. It needed 3 coats on all fingers and 4 on a couple to even out the strokes.Worth it for a one-off, but not if you want it to last a few days like I usually do.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Ania_Wang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this color and how it glides on nails. But it does chip quickly unfortunately.