Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse

3.6

Water, Dimethicone, Cyclopentsiloxane, isotridecyl, isononanoate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Polymethylsilses Quioxane, Candelilla Cera Wax, Peg-9 Polydimethylxiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Stearoyl, Glutamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopherol, Propeylene Glycol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopherol, Propylene Glycol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Royal Jelly, Royal Jelly Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Extract/Matricaria Flower Extract.

on 7/17/2015 10:50:00 PM

I have this in 110--Porcelain Ivory (the lightest shade as far as I know) and mostly I like it. I'm not in love with it, but I would probably buy it again for convenience.

Pros:
-Lightweight
-Easy to throw in my bag for touchups later
-Buidable coverage (can be light coverage up to medium, I'd say)
-Comes in a pale enough enough shade for me to wear (at least in the summer)
-Pretty cheap
-Doesn't make me break out
-Separate compartment for storing the sponge
-Stays on pretty well, even in heat and humidity
-Applies easily and blends well
-Feels nice on my skin (it claims "skin looks and feels hydrated for 14 hours -- never rough or dry" and that's mostly true for me)

Cons:
-Looks a bit shiny on me without powder on top or using blotting papers
-No mirror (why?!)
-Doesn't cover blemishes well at all
-Looks cakey (and kind of orange on me)) if I try to build to full coverage
-Not a lot of product (it probably won't last as long as a bottle of liquid would)

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this foundation.My color is nude.I have normal to dry skin with lots of dry patches and this foundation does wonders.This foundation leaves my skin looking flawless and it doesn't stay on my dry patches.This whole maybelline dream mousse line is my HG and it's the only line that I love so much.I have not changed or gone to a different brand of makeup because this line and foundation is my HG and makes my skin look flawless.

As far as cream foundations go this one is really good. Super blendable and the color matches my skin perfectly. It is hydrating and at the end of the day when I take it off my skin looks pretty good. It is rather heavy so if you have even slightly oily skin this product isn't for you... however if you have dry patches like me then you need to try this! No other foundation makes my skin look so flawlessly smooth

on 1/26/2015 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

WOW! I love this! I just bought it and holy it looks so natural. I wear 150 cream natural with 20NW skin (im cool toned..i know mac can be confusing). The only other "foundation" I can wear is BB cream (I love the maybelline one) because my skin is so dry; HOWEVER, this stuff is so nice and doesnt accentuate dry patches. I plan on stocking up because they were on sale and I feel like they might not make them anymore. BTW it has really annoying packaging, but its still worth it.

on 1/25/2015 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the only DS foundation I've found that works on my dry skin. My skin looks soft, even, and velvety. One layer applied with a stipple brush gives me medium coverage and it's all I need. I don't need to set it with powder and it lasts and looks good all day.

on 1/21/2015 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have dry, clog-prone skin and foundations can be tricky especially drugstore ones. This works great! More coverage for times I want that, but still looks natural with no caking. The packaging is annoying but the product and price overcome that flaw. I found this recommended on a dupe site as an alternate for a similar Nars version. I only tried the Nars tester b/c Sephora was out of my shade. However this works wonderfully for me and the price is definitely right. I have color 150 classic ivory and for reference my other favorite foundation is Mac face and body in shade C1.

on 1/8/2015 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I have a terrible time finding foundations - both high end and drug store brands - that match my skin. I'm biracial and have a tan complexion with neutral undertones. Most foundations geared towards women of color are too olive/yellow toned for me and other foundations often do not go dark enough. This foundation is a perfect color match: absolutely seamless. I could use this on just one part of my face and it would blend perfectly. The drawback to this foundation is that to get full coverage I have to use a lot of product and that leads to caking. I have tried many different brushes/application techniques and can't get full coverage without a cakey face. I have tried primers, setting sprays, setting powders: nothing gives a good finish. So I use it sparingly and use concealer with it to fake full coverage but the texture of the foundation still leaves a lot to be desired and while it lasts all day it can look a little dry, even with a dewy setting spray. Overall this is a good everyday foundation and I buy it because it's a good backup and a perfect shade match but I am actively looking for something better.

on 1/5/2015 5:12:00 PM

HORRIBLE. This foundation makes my pores look HUGE. It looks cakey and I look overly "Made up". It doesn't matter how I apply it or if I use a primer or not. The ONLY Good thing I like is it glides on nicely...but other than that, I should just throw it in the trash. Horrible foundation. It might look good on a 18 year old with perfect skin...Maybe. Save your money. Hell even Elf foundations have this junk beat!

on 1/3/2015 2:06:00 PM

Terrible. Does not last the day, sits on the skin and gives an oily, overly-made up look. I was trying to save money and buy a cheap foundation for once. I didn't like this.
Coverage and colour (110) was fine.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I hate this product , it will look cakey on even the oiliest of skin, it feels heavy and doesn't set. It crease majorly and makes it look like you have dirty, unnatural skin