September 20, 2014 | 1151 users online

Crème - Maybelline - Dream Smooth Mousse

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by michele4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this creme foundation a couple months ago & didn't break it out until today. Well it's packaging is probably the best & worst part about it. Twist off the cover & there's the makeup. Opposite side you flip up 2 get 2 the sponge. Aggravating, but I don't mind, plus it's more sanitary. I haven't used many creme foundations, but I do know this-this is not my favorite. It did go on smooth, I used the sponge b/c a sponge will give you a heavier coverage than a brush, & a heavier coverage is what I was after. The thing is, I didn't put too much on, just used the sponge 2 put about 4 dabs on my face then blended it in w/sponge. I wanted 2 like this so badly b/c my Estee Lauder Resiliance Creme Foundation cost so much more. But my pores, which arent usually that noticable, showed so badly I had 2 go get my blending brush & try 2 buff it in. I still didnt like it so I blended the Estee Lauder Creme over it & was finally satisfied enough. Gonna give it 2 my mom & maybe she'll have some luck w/it. For the time being, I'm just gonna stick w/my HG, which is the Estee Lauder I mentioned.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by RaainDrrop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff! It gave me flawless looking skin and a smooth equal toned face. Its so soft and creamy! A little goes a long way. The price isnt too bad; but it gets expensive after needing to repurchurse it over and over. I been using it for quite a few months on my oily skin & it does make my oily skin feel very greasy but with its flawless cover Im mostly satisfied. This product would work alot better on dry skin though--not oily like mine!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by MysticalRukia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay this is my first impression review: I first became interested in this product when a youtuber I watch raved about this even though she has combination skin. It looked so flawless on her that I thought I would give it a try since my search for a natural looking foundation that also has a lot of coverage has been futile.

First of all, I love the texture of this; it's so creamy and a little goes a long way! Not to mention I also really like the application sponge it comes with, too. Unfortunately though, the lightest shade is too dark for my super pale skin. Hopefully I'll be able to get a tan to make it work better. Haha. But despite that downfall, this stuff looks amazing. I have hyperpigmentation and dented scarring from past acne, and this easily builds to full coverage to almost entirely cover my discoloration without looking cakey. It does not insinuate my other flaws such as large pores - in fact it helps diminish the appearance of them.

Because I have oily skin it doesn't set very well and remains kinda sticky. But In this foundation's defense I haven't found but one foundation that actually will set on my skin. (Not to mention this product is aimed towards people with normal to dry skin. So I expected it not to set well.) Nevertheless, It actually looks so nice on it's own that I didn't bother setting it with a powder in fear that it would ruin how natural it looked. For you oily skin girls out there, as long as you avoid wiping your face on something, this doesn't seem like it'll go anywhere.

It has a somewhat healthy/dewy finish on my skin, and honestly wouldn't even look like I'm wearing foundation if it wasn't for the color being too dark. But despite those few flaws, I really do love this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by Yoshers

After hearing about the high ratings of this product I really wanted to try it out. I bought this product at Ulta, fair price. I actually loved it at first, it gave my skin an airbrush look while covering up imperfections (also settled with powder). Within five hours or so I noticed the foundation had rubbed off on my long sleeve, a lot of it. By the end of the day it was gone. So I tried it without the powder to see if anything different will happen but I still had the same results. I don't have very oily skin so it shouldn't have fallen off so easy. I would say it would work great for a short time period. Overall I am disappointed with this product, it's not as great as I expected it to be.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by devonclaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best drugstore cream foundation I have found. And I have tried a lot of creme foundations from the drug store. It has medium coverage, goes on easily, and matches my skin tone well (I'm using shade 150). The only thing I don't like is the container — you have to unscrew one part to get to the makeup, and flip open another compartment to get to the applicator. Overall, though, this is the best drug store cream foundation out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by decophile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am just now trying out this product, and my first impression is great. I miss the ease of application of powder, and this gives me that ease.

Color - I have somewhat fair skin, and I bought the lightest in the range, #110 "porcelain ivory." Seems to be a reasonably good match. I'm always wanting to look paler than I am, and this shade didn't achieve that for me.

Coverage & forumulation - Maybe medium? I can apply it shear and build it. Glides on really smoothly, like a creamy powder - I'm so impressed! Sets rather quickly, I think. Not as great at concealing pores and texture compared to some other products, but not bad. Lasted all day. One side I spritzed with finishing spray, other side I left alone. Could not tell the difference. Next time I'll try powder.

Application - The flat sponge applicator it comes with applies the product really well. So impressed. I've not tried other methods yet.

Price - Marked around $10 at CVS. So pretty standard for drug store, I think.

I'll come back and edit after I've tried this for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by m0ka0nly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation! I started off my using the Dream Matte Mousse which I found noticeably flaky around my dry nose/mouth. I switched to Dream Smooth Mousse and it didn't cling to my dry spots. It goes on very smoothly the coverage lasts for most of the day. It is still there after I come home from work. For a department store brand this is a great product for the price. It comes with a sponge under the lid which I don't even bother using. I swirl some around on my fingers and rub it into my face. I only require a small amount and it blends beautifully into my skin I don't even have to worry about missing any spots as it will just blend in. Great product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I bought Dream Smooth Mousse in the shade 350 Caramel for $3.50 from Big Lots. First of all, I can only give it three lipsticks because although it is oil-free & fragrance-free & looks amazing on me, I did break out after using it. After over a week's wear, I noticed two plugged pores under my skin. Today, I woke up with five whiteheads. I don't know why, but my skin does not like the makeup at all! I showed it to my sister & she also said Maybelline foundations break her out.

Now, allergic reaction aside: this is an awesome foundation. Granting it is ideal for normal to dry skin, it still looked goof & sat well on my oily skin if primed & set. Because of my skin type, I'm typically never a fan of cream or mousse foundations because I'm a greasy mess in a matter of hours, but I really do recommend this to anyone who doesn't have sensitive skin or break out like I do. The mousse spreads like a dream; the colour matched & blended into my skin tone nicely, & didn't look fake or caked on. This is medium coverage—I found that if you actually do use the teardrop sponge provided, it applies thick/heavy & it is easy to over apply. A little goes a long way & it looks best when you don't put too much on. I put on a little at a time & build if I want or need more coverage.

My only complaint (besides my reaction, obviously) is how little product I actually got. The container looks like a pot or jar, but in reality, you're getting a compact. The bulk of the product is the twist-off top & the space where the application sponge goes. The packaging is definitely misleading, but $3, I won't complain!

NOTE: After my skin clears, I'll apply this one or twice more to be absolutely certain I cannot wear it. To be fair, I have only been wearing Dream Smooth Mousse for maybe two weeks & that's not a whole lot of time to be able to write a thorough review in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by LarissaQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

well... for me it worked just OK. Didn't do miracles.
its not my HG, or one of my favorites, i use it at work when i don't have any meeting or an important day.
when i bought it i had chosen by the color of the package, i couldn't test it before. The product itself is a little bit darker than the package, so it didn't really matched my skin tone properly but i was able to use it even though.
I didn't last on my face, i arrive at my work place about 8 a.m and at 11 a.m my face is already shining, and i have just the T zone oily, so i didn't do my any justice.
It oxidizes a lot, the color is already peach toned, but at 11 a.m it was more orange, darker, i could almost remember that spray tann color when i looked at my face.
Maybe if i had chosen the right color it would be better, but despite that, it made me shine, made my face look little bit greasy so... I won't buy this again.
i'm only using this because it's not THAT terrible and i don't like to literally throw away my money, that's the only reason i'm using this. Otherwise i would throw it away because it makes my skin looks greasy and it melts like hell.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by janelee123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the most dry and sensitive skin (eczema and perioral dermatitis) so any makeup that works with my skin is probably going to work well for most other people. I bought this at Bartell Drugs for less than $15 so that in itself is great. The consistency is very creamy like it says, almost more liquid than cream. But it doesn't slide all over your face and applies pretty smoothly. It doesn't work miracles but it gets the job done by covering any redness or discoloration. I use this for the redness around my nose in the color Porcelain Ivory and it matches well enough although you should try to get a color a bit lighter than what you actually see in the container, as it tends to run darker than its said color. It doesn't cling to my dry patches or emphasize my lines too much. The product itself works well enough that I could wear it everyday and feel comfortable with how much it hides but the packaging is pretty inconvenient. A small sponge is in the lower compartment and the cream is inside a screw top jar in the top compartment. You have to get out the sponge awkwardly and the product jar is so thin that there's not that much in one of the containers. Overall if you're looking for a cheap temporary foundation until you find a better one, this is a good buy.