January 24, 2015 | 1826 users online

Crème - Maybelline - Dream Smooth Mousse

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2015 11:35:00 AM More reviews by sugarfreee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dry, clog-prone skin and foundations can be tricky especially drugstore ones. This works great! More coverage for times I want that, but still looks natural with no caking. The packaging is annoying but the product and price overcome that flaw. I found this recommended on a dupe site as an alternate for a similar Nars version. I only tried the Nars tester b/c Sephora was out of my shade. However this works wonderfully for me and the price is definitely right. I have color 150 classic ivory and for reference my other favorite foundation is Mac face and body in shade C1.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2015 8:27:00 PM More reviews by MikeyLauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a terrible time finding foundations - both high end and drug store brands - that match my skin. I'm biracial and have a tan complexion with neutral undertones. Most foundations geared towards women of color are too olive/yellow toned for me and other foundations often do not go dark enough. This foundation is a perfect color match: absolutely seamless. I could use this on just one part of my face and it would blend perfectly. The drawback to this foundation is that to get full coverage I have to use a lot of product and that leads to caking. I have tried many different brushes/application techniques and can't get full coverage without a cakey face. I have tried primers, setting sprays, setting powders: nothing gives a good finish. So I use it sparingly and use concealer with it to fake full coverage but the texture of the foundation still leaves a lot to be desired and while it lasts all day it can look a little dry, even with a dewy setting spray. Overall this is a good everyday foundation and I buy it because it's a good backup and a perfect shade match but I am actively looking for something better.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2015 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Ketol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

HORRIBLE. This foundation makes my pores look HUGE. It looks cakey and I look overly "Made up". It doesn't matter how I apply it or if I use a primer or not. The ONLY Good thing I like is it glides on nicely...but other than that, I should just throw it in the trash. Horrible foundation. It might look good on a 18 year old with perfect skin...Maybe. Save your money. Hell even Elf foundations have this junk beat!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2015 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Brisbaneem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Terrible. Does not last the day, sits on the skin and gives an oily, overly-made up look. I was trying to save money and buy a cheap foundation for once. I didn't like this.
Coverage and colour (110) was fine.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2015 7:40:00 AM More reviews by GeorginaDawson

I hate this product , it will look cakey on even the oiliest of skin, it feels heavy and doesn't set. It crease majorly and makes it look like you have dirty, unnatural skin

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Purchased this fdtn last winter, and this is one of the worst fdtns I have tried.

Dream Smooth Mousse settled right into and highlighted fine lines. Pores aren't a problem on my face, but this fdtn settled into every pore and made them more pronounced than they are.

The fdtn began fading after a couple of hours of wear, but the fdtn encircling the pores didn't fade, which made my face look dirty. Ugh.

Packaging is average. Twist off top for the fdtn, and a flip-top for the sponge located underneath fdtn.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2014 8:11:00 AM More reviews by alywesney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great cream foundation if you like cream foundations. It costs $7.97 for a .49 Oz/ 14g product. I feel like you get what you are paying for with this product.

This product comes in 10 different shades, so there is a good chance for a color match for everyone. It is a very lightweight product, and provides fairly good coverage. I do not have a lot of acne or redness but it does cover up the areas where I do get a few red spots every now and then, so I am not sure how well of coverage it would work for someone with a lot of acne, or scarring, or redness. It does provide a very smooth look, and finish and is not shiny or shimmery and I really like that. It also lasts all day long. I use a finishing setting powder over mine so that may have something to do with the amount of time it stays.

I also love that this product comes with a compartment on the bottom and a sponge applicator! It is very convenient to travel with, and is very compact. The sponge is a small triangle and works fairly well.

The only problem I have with this product and sometimes it is hard to blend out. So if the color comes on too strong I find I have to wash it off and start over because I got too much product.

Overall, I would recommend this product to anyone who likes creamy foundations.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2014 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Sarahdawson2006

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Yuck ! Worst product ever. Do not buy. Within the hour of applying it goes cakey and creases majorly. Leaves my skin greasy and looks super unnatural.
super expensive for a product of this rubbish quality at 8 pounds

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by celina5847

Never in my life have I had a foundation match me spot on and I'm 36! From drugstore to highend, trying to match myself or having "professional" help. I applied DSM with all sorts of foundation and buffing brushes...horrible and streaky! I found that it applied flawlessly with the included sponge by patting it onto the skin. Setting it with powder and applying a primer underneath it still made me GREEEEEESEEEEEE! I'm not one to make a big deal if foundation breakes up little or if it fades or even if I get a bit oily. I'm not one of those O-M-G my makeup is horrible! I mean come on,touch up and keep it moving. But this crap was seriously disgusting and greasy as hell! I know this is for dry skinned girls but I read that those with oily skin were able to use it with no problem. LIES!! (At least for me)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by michele4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this creme foundation a couple months ago & didn't break it out until today. Well it's packaging is probably the best & worst part about it. Twist off the cover & there's the makeup. Opposite side you flip up 2 get 2 the sponge. Aggravating, but I don't mind, plus it's more sanitary. I haven't used many creme foundations, but I do know this-this is not my favorite. It did go on smooth, I used the sponge b/c a sponge will give you a heavier coverage than a brush, & a heavier coverage is what I was after. The thing is, I didn't put too much on, just used the sponge 2 put about 4 dabs on my face then blended it in w/sponge. I wanted 2 like this so badly b/c my Estee Lauder Resiliance Creme Foundation cost so much more. But my pores, which arent usually that noticable, showed so badly I had 2 go get my blending brush & try 2 buff it in. I still didnt like it so I blended the Estee Lauder Creme over it & was finally satisfied enough. Gonna give it 2 my mom & maybe she'll have some luck w/it. For the time being, I'm just gonna stick w/my HG, which is the Estee Lauder I mentioned.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No