October 26, 2014 | 949 users online

Crème - Maybelline - Dream Smooth Mousse

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2014 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Sarahdawson2006

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Yuck ! Worst product ever. Do not buy. Within the hour of applying it goes cakey and creases majorly. Leaves my skin greasy and looks super unnatural.
super expensive for a product of this rubbish quality at 8 pounds

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by celina5847

Never in my life have I had a foundation match me spot on and I'm 36! From drugstore to highend, trying to match myself or having "professional" help. I applied DSM with all sorts of foundation and buffing brushes...horrible and streaky! I found that it applied flawlessly with the included sponge by patting it onto the skin. Setting it with powder and applying a primer underneath it still made me GREEEEEESEEEEEE! I'm not one to make a big deal if foundation breakes up little or if it fades or even if I get a bit oily. I'm not one of those O-M-G my makeup is horrible! I mean come on,touch up and keep it moving. But this crap was seriously disgusting and greasy as hell! I know this is for dry skinned girls but I read that those with oily skin were able to use it with no problem. LIES!! (At least for me)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by michele4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this creme foundation a couple months ago & didn't break it out until today. Well it's packaging is probably the best & worst part about it. Twist off the cover & there's the makeup. Opposite side you flip up 2 get 2 the sponge. Aggravating, but I don't mind, plus it's more sanitary. I haven't used many creme foundations, but I do know this-this is not my favorite. It did go on smooth, I used the sponge b/c a sponge will give you a heavier coverage than a brush, & a heavier coverage is what I was after. The thing is, I didn't put too much on, just used the sponge 2 put about 4 dabs on my face then blended it in w/sponge. I wanted 2 like this so badly b/c my Estee Lauder Resiliance Creme Foundation cost so much more. But my pores, which arent usually that noticable, showed so badly I had 2 go get my blending brush & try 2 buff it in. I still didnt like it so I blended the Estee Lauder Creme over it & was finally satisfied enough. Gonna give it 2 my mom & maybe she'll have some luck w/it. For the time being, I'm just gonna stick w/my HG, which is the Estee Lauder I mentioned.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by RaainDrrop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff! It gave me flawless looking skin and a smooth equal toned face. Its so soft and creamy! A little goes a long way. The price isnt too bad; but it gets expensive after needing to repurchurse it over and over. I been using it for quite a few months on my oily skin & it does make my oily skin feel very greasy but with its flawless cover Im mostly satisfied. This product would work alot better on dry skin though--not oily like mine!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by MysticalRukia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay this is my first impression review: I first became interested in this product when a youtuber I watch raved about this even though she has combination skin. It looked so flawless on her that I thought I would give it a try since my search for a natural looking foundation that also has a lot of coverage has been futile.

First of all, I love the texture of this; it's so creamy and a little goes a long way! Not to mention I also really like the application sponge it comes with, too. Unfortunately though, the lightest shade is too dark for my super pale skin. Hopefully I'll be able to get a tan to make it work better. Haha. But despite that downfall, this stuff looks amazing. I have hyperpigmentation and dented scarring from past acne, and this easily builds to full coverage to almost entirely cover my discoloration without looking cakey. It does not insinuate my other flaws such as large pores - in fact it helps diminish the appearance of them.

Because I have oily skin it doesn't set very well and remains kinda sticky. But In this foundation's defense I haven't found but one foundation that actually will set on my skin. (Not to mention this product is aimed towards people with normal to dry skin. So I expected it not to set well.) Nevertheless, It actually looks so nice on it's own that I didn't bother setting it with a powder in fear that it would ruin how natural it looked. For you oily skin girls out there, as long as you avoid wiping your face on something, this doesn't seem like it'll go anywhere.

It has a somewhat healthy/dewy finish on my skin, and honestly wouldn't even look like I'm wearing foundation if it wasn't for the color being too dark. But despite those few flaws, I really do love this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by Yoshers

After hearing about the high ratings of this product I really wanted to try it out. I bought this product at Ulta, fair price. I actually loved it at first, it gave my skin an airbrush look while covering up imperfections (also settled with powder). Within five hours or so I noticed the foundation had rubbed off on my long sleeve, a lot of it. By the end of the day it was gone. So I tried it without the powder to see if anything different will happen but I still had the same results. I don't have very oily skin so it shouldn't have fallen off so easy. I would say it would work great for a short time period. Overall I am disappointed with this product, it's not as great as I expected it to be.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by devonclaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best drugstore cream foundation I have found. And I have tried a lot of creme foundations from the drug store. It has medium coverage, goes on easily, and matches my skin tone well (I'm using shade 150). The only thing I don't like is the container — you have to unscrew one part to get to the makeup, and flip open another compartment to get to the applicator. Overall, though, this is the best drug store cream foundation out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by decophile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am just now trying out this product, and my first impression is great. I miss the ease of application of powder, and this gives me that ease.

Color - I have somewhat fair skin, and I bought the lightest in the range, #110 "porcelain ivory." Seems to be a reasonably good match. I'm always wanting to look paler than I am, and this shade didn't achieve that for me.

Coverage & forumulation - Maybe medium? I can apply it shear and build it. Glides on really smoothly, like a creamy powder - I'm so impressed! Sets rather quickly, I think. Not as great at concealing pores and texture compared to some other products, but not bad. Lasted all day. One side I spritzed with finishing spray, other side I left alone. Could not tell the difference. Next time I'll try powder.

Application - The flat sponge applicator it comes with applies the product really well. So impressed. I've not tried other methods yet.

Price - Marked around $10 at CVS. So pretty standard for drug store, I think.

I'll come back and edit after I've tried this for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by m0ka0nly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation! I started off my using the Dream Matte Mousse which I found noticeably flaky around my dry nose/mouth. I switched to Dream Smooth Mousse and it didn't cling to my dry spots. It goes on very smoothly the coverage lasts for most of the day. It is still there after I come home from work. For a department store brand this is a great product for the price. It comes with a sponge under the lid which I don't even bother using. I swirl some around on my fingers and rub it into my face. I only require a small amount and it blends beautifully into my skin I don't even have to worry about missing any spots as it will just blend in. Great product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I bought Dream Smooth Mousse in the shade 350 Caramel for $3.50 from Big Lots. First of all, I can only give it three lipsticks because although it is oil-free & fragrance-free & looks amazing on me, I did break out after using it. After over a week's wear, I noticed two plugged pores under my skin. Today, I woke up with five whiteheads. I don't know why, but my skin does not like the makeup at all! I showed it to my sister & she also said Maybelline foundations break her out.

Now, allergic reaction aside: this is an awesome foundation. Granting it is ideal for normal to dry skin, it still looked goof & sat well on my oily skin if primed & set. Because of my skin type, I'm typically never a fan of cream or mousse foundations because I'm a greasy mess in a matter of hours, but I really do recommend this to anyone who doesn't have sensitive skin or break out like I do. The mousse spreads like a dream; the colour matched & blended into my skin tone nicely, & didn't look fake or caked on. This is medium coverage—I found that if you actually do use the teardrop sponge provided, it applies thick/heavy & it is easy to over apply. A little goes a long way & it looks best when you don't put too much on. I put on a little at a time & build if I want or need more coverage.

My only complaint (besides my reaction, obviously) is how little product I actually got. The container looks like a pot or jar, but in reality, you're getting a compact. The bulk of the product is the twist-off top & the space where the application sponge goes. The packaging is definitely misleading, but $3, I won't complain!

NOTE: After my skin clears, I'll apply this one or twice more to be absolutely certain I cannot wear it. To be fair, I have only been wearing Dream Smooth Mousse for maybe two weeks & that's not a whole lot of time to be able to write a thorough review in my opinion.