November 27, 2014 | 1010 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - limitless eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by smithsm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used this for a little over a year - when I first started it was great, and lasted all day and didn't run out of my waterline. Over time it's become about as good as a drugstore liner. I do like how it goes on and the Onyx color a lot, but it's probably time for me to switch to something else if I'm gonna spend this much on eyeliner. I also hate the sharpener cap that they've added since I started using it - I've had two pencils with them and couldn't get either sharpener to do anything but massacre the top of the pencil. My roommate had the same problem with hers as well. I said I wold purchase this again if I ran out only because I have so many times - next time I'll try something new and see if it will stay in place better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in 3 colors- Onyx, Sable & Bronze. The onyx & bronze are great, they last most of the day & pigmentation is awesome. But sable sucks compared to the other two. It doesn't last long at all and I have to go over and over my waterline to get any color.
So I guess it's hit n miss with these. I'll try Java next since sable didn't work out, hopefully I'll have better luck.
FYI, bronze reminds me of UD Lucky.
Edit: Java is fantastic, wonder what happened with Sable..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

I don't understand all the bad reviews on here, this eyeliner has great pigmentation and stays on ALL day. The best staying power I've seen, the only problem is it can look smudgy but is GREAT if your doing a smokey eye or a shimmery night look.

Would re purchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by helensung

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This liner doesn't provide much color intensity. The color simply fades away after 2-3 hours of day wear. It also smudges too much when I use eye cream as base.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by kechicas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Review: Smashbox Limitless Eye Liner - Metallic Bronze

*First Review Post*

I've worn this eyeliner everyday since I bought it! I was so excited to find and try a Smashbox eyeliner.

This is a good eyeliner for those that don't want that harsh black on the bottom waterline or bottom lash line. I say bottom waterline/lash line because that is where I like to apply this eyeliner.

The metallic bronze color is great for office or more natural makeup days. It adds a little darkness to my waterline without make it too harsh for daytime. It adds definition and a bit of smokey-ness :) Its great on my top lash line as well with black mascara and a skin-colored eyeshadow.

I bought mine at NordstromRack on sale for $9, much better than getting it full price. It claims to have an 8-hour wear however this is not true on my eyes.

The consistency is smooth (however Milani's eye pencil eyeliner is smoother) and I'm sure if I didn't have such oily skin or watery eye, it wouldn't smudge. I have to re-apply after about 4 hours due to my skin but I'm sure ladies with normal to dry skin will do fine.

I will re-purchase whether at NordstromRack or Sephora when I run out. My preferred eyeliner is type is the pencil, especially Milani Liquid-Like Eyeliner Pencil.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by KellyLee1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Disappointing for the price. This is a nice eyeliner for sure but it doesn't last any longer than a drugstore brand or similar. It won't last through a day on me without smudging or disappearing and I'm looking for an alternative.

I expected better from this. It does last if you set it with a powder eyeshadow, so I'll probably use mine up, but I won't repurchase it.

I do love that it comes with a sharpener though, which I've used for my other pencil liners.

ETA: After trying this again and comparing it with some other liners, I do have to say this is the best one I own. I still wish it lasted through a day though. Maybe I'm just asking too much of a liner.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by KimmyRM

Hi Guys,

I'm a new make-up reviewer! SO excited to be on here. I tried out this liner a while ago - not very impressed - too light and no staying power :(

I much prefer MAC Khol or YSL's Khol. :)

KimmyX

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by FirstCircle

I use a lot of eyeliner because of my Asian monolid eyes, so I've had experience with quite a few eyeliners. This was the first "high-end" cosmetic product that I bought and I wasn't disappointed with the results. I normally prefer marker liners and kohl liners to pencils, especially since pencils are a hassle to sharpen. Unfortunately this one's no exception. I actually found the lead inside the pencil to be a bit loose (not sure if that's specific to my pencil or it's a more general issue) and sharpening it with the attached sharpener is more difficult than it should've been.

However I must say the pencil glides with very little tug, and pencil is highly pigmented with mine (in Onyx) being a very true black. Other eyeliners, I find, can have blueish blacks that I'm not a fan of. It's also a little difficult to smug, but that's expected since there's a lot of staying power. The colour lasts all day but comes off easily with my Clinique Facial Soap, and doesn't deviate during the day to other areas of my face.

Overall the Smashbox Limitless Eyeliner is a good product with a few flaws. It's definitely better than your average drugstore brand but it's hard to say at this point on whether it's a keeper. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by pkkatalina

A pretty indigo ink, navy blue shade. This applies nicely to the upper lid. On the waterline, average to below-average. I wanted it for the waterline and the SA at Ulta thought this would be a good choice - not so much for that purpose. It will need many touch-ups when on the waterline. This is better wearing that UD's Zero, but not quite as good as Perversion on the waterline. I happen to like this color, it makes the whites of the eyes look whiter and when you don't want an intense black, then this is more flattering for that purpose.
Not a fan of the sharpener on the end, and it's easy to get a superficial cut when pulling off the cover, if you're not careful. It annoyed me, so I pulled it off and used an old plastic cover I had from another pencil liner instead.. I think I paid $19 for this.
I wish UD would come out with a navy liner which stays and covers like their Perversion!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I bought the trial size with a few colours for this. Use the brown alot from the pack and found that it almost always run. I always use UDPP.

But since this is one of the better eyeliner pencil I've had, I went ahead and bought the regular size in Java (brown). Now this one stays put the whole day! Not sure if the trial size was a bad brown of what.

From the same trial size pack, I use Emerald (green) to draw the lower line. Stays put throughout the night.

Haven't tried to the other colours from the trial pack.... Not sure if I've got anymore bad ones in the trial pack.

Point is: This is definitely a good eyeliner pencil that truly stays put. So go ahead and try the regular size.

LOVELY COLOURS: Java, Emerald