September 2, 2014 | 1981 users online

Deodorants - The Body Shop - DeoDry Dry-Effect Deodorant [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by eladen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so I HATE that this has been DC'd. We women who suffer from Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) have a very hard time finding something to control this. This roll on deodry worked! I found it funny that it was marketed as a deodorant when it works as such an awesome antiperspirant. With this alone I would no longer sweat all day long, but this would NOT control my body odor. However, this topped off with another antiperspirant and I can actually wear clothes that do not have to hide my sweat rings because......there are NONE :) Until I found this (at TJMaxx nonetheless) I had been an avid user of Certain Dri but it gets so expensive and the bottle does not last long at all.

If anyone knows a comparable deodorant to this that I could try---please PM me. I've tried emailing the Body Shop to bring it back, but they did not even send a response, not even a form email back. If anyone here has any they want to 'swap' please hit me up ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2013 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Alexaza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This made me smell bad and the smell is different compare to when I'm not wearing any deodorant. This also made me sweat more. I understand that this is a natural product but this just doesn't work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by sdrayt1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went on a natural deodorant (no aluminum) kick a few months ago. So far I’ve tried the crystal rock, a natural deo by Arm and Hammer and this one from the Body Shop (green cap). Honestly, this is the only one of the three that I used where I smelled body odor during the day if I lifted my arms or something. It just did not work for me. I know that a deodorant will still have the “wetness” when you perspire but this one did not do anything at all for the odor.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Stephawog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best deodorant period. It works, it's environmentally friendly, the price is right, it's refillable for cheap!! AND it's DISCONTINUED! If you've used this in the past and enjoyed it, please let The Body Shop know that you want it back!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by takenu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is the worst natural deodorant i have ever used. I have pretty low expectations of deodorants, i know theyre not supposed to reduce wetness (thats what an antiperspirant is for) but i would like it to reduce odor. this stuff (i got the one with the green cap) made me smell terrible! i normally dont have that bad of odor even if im not wearing deodorant. but something in this reacted with my sweat and made me smell way way worse than if i wasn't wearing deodorant at all. it was a really unnatural smell, not like regular sweat. i tried it for a few days hoping that my body just had to adjust to it but nothing changed. i would never ever buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by katbatho

I like that this deodorant doesn't have aluminum, however this just doesn't work. I find the scent very overpowering when you first put it on but then it dissipates quite quickly. Also keep in mind this is just a deodorant and won't stop you from sweating. There are other deodorants that are better than this one and I wouldn't recommend buying this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by xchellx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is by far the worst deodorant I have ever tried (and I have experimented quite a bit!). I tried all three and the best smell to me was the pink floral, by far. I have never been someone who smells bad even after a hardcore workout and let me tell you... HOLY SMOKES. after maybe 30 minutes say goodbye to floral and hello to disgusting unpleasant BO. It was literally worse then my bf if he didn't shower for a week and wore the same thing everyday. I could not believe it. I actually have gone a bit over a full day of not wearing ANY deodorant and never have smelled even 5% as gross.

NEVER again .

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

*****Per "The Body Shop," this is discontinued.*****

PROS: Natural. NO ALUMINUM AT ALL. Works okay. I don't understand some reviewers not realizing that there is a difference between deodorant and antiperspirant. This product is not supposed to lessen your amount of sweat. It is supposed to protect you from that sweat having odor.

CONS: I don't like the green scent (more for guys, I guess). And I'm not crazy about the blue scent (little too "shower fresh" for me. I don't like those kind of scents.) But I do like the pink (some may not like that it's a floral.)

ALTERNATES: The Crystal rock brand is a popular one (but I don't like that it has any form of aluminum.) Kiss My Face has a great unscented roll-on that works very well for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by babyschla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This review is for the stick NOT roll on in cool and zesty. The smell is nice and bright and quite unisex (my beau uses my deodorant so this is a plus). I found that this didn't relly do very much for me in terms of keeping bacteria at bay, so I smelled quite quickly if I sweat at all.

Hopefully, if you're trying aluminium free deodorants (no aluminium = you will sweat as nothing is blocking your pores), you've realised you have a detox period of about 2 weeks where all your blocked pores unleash some pretty bad sweaty stuff, but then you calm down and sweat a more normal amount and much thinner sweat (I found when I first "detoxed off deodorant my sweat was quite thick).

Anyhow, once youre past this bit you can safely jude the efficacy of your new deodorant experiences.

I haven't found anything that works well yet. And this certainly doesn't. I smell quite quickly and this really doesn't seem to do anything deodorising at all - other than smell nice right when you put it on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou