The Body Shop Moisture Foundation SPF 15

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Zinc Oxide (Sunscreen), Octyl Methoxycinnamate (Sunscreen), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (Emollient), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Dextrin Palmitate (Emulsifying Agent), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone (Emulsifier), Isopropyl Lanolate (Emollient), Sclerocarya birrea (Marula Oil) (Skin Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Polyethylene (Opacifier), Sodium Chloride (Salt) (Viscosity Modifier), Cera Alba (Beeswax) (Emulsifier/Emollient), Ethylene Brassylate (Masking Agent), Boron Nitride (Bulking Agent), Glycerin (Humectant), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Methylparaben (Preservative), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Hectorite (Opacifier), Phenyl Methicone (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Propylparaben (Preservative), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (Binder), Sodium Hyaluronate (Humectant), Pyrus malus (Apple Extract) (Natural Additive), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), CI 77891 (Colour), CI 77492 (Colour), CI 77491 (Colour), CI 77499 (Colour).

on 6/8/2015 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My personal take on this foundation is that it is very customisable foundation and results vary on the type of skin you have that day. Even though it is a moisture foundation i find when i apply this foundation over oily skin (no blotting paper used) it provides the most beautiful finish. I mix this foundation with studio fix nc40 foundation as this foundation is too light for me even though i am in shade 8 which is the darkest. This foundation definitely mixes well. Some may find this foundation too oily looking, but i suggest applying powder over it and then it solves the problem. Overall, very nice foundation.

on 6/2/2015 3:31:00 PM

I first bought this foundation 3 years ago, I fell in love and have gone through 3+ bottles since! Even though I don't really use it any more I feel it is in need of a review since its so good. It claims to have " light to medium coverage" and I do agree but I also think it is sort of build able.

some goods points to the foudation; it has good coverage, and it manages to cover spots, redness, and general blemishes well however the best part of the foundation for me is how since I have dry skin, I really struggle to find foundations that don't dry my skin or stick to the dry parts and this does! it hydrates well and is FANTASTIC for dry skin. I feel it has a good staying power too, especially if you use a setting powder. It also doesn't oxidise.

It only has a few small problems such as the packaging. Although it is pretty at first, it scratches so so easily and the silver on the bottle is worn away within weeks of owning the product! I noticed that if I use this foundation day after day I seem to get tiny tiny spots around my nose or forehead but they soon leave after a few days which is odd!

overall I really like this foundation and I think it is affordable and great for those of you who are looking for medium coverage or have dry skin however maybe not for those who have sensitive skin like me.

on 5/31/2015 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have used this foundation for years now, even before I was into makeup. I started using this foundation when I was 11 for my dancing concerts (I am now 16) because it was simply what my mum had on hand. When I turned 13 I went into the Body Shop and got colour matched so I could own my very first foundation. I was matched to shade 6 and it works so perfectly on my skin. This foundation seems to be magic because it matches me when I am at my palest in winter and most tanned in summer. The coverage is light to medium but in saying that you can build it up to a fuller coverage, especially if you add concealer and powder. I personally don't have pimples or scarring my biggest problem is redness and uneven skin tone and this foundation evens my skin tone and covers my occasional spots. I have quite dry skin and this foundation leaves my face with a beautiful glow. If you have combination or oily I would recommend setting it with a powder as you will get oily throughout the day. If I know I will have a long day ahead if me or if it's a particularly hot day I will set mine with powder but most of the time I don't feel the need. This product never cakes up or melts into the creases in my face, but I have noticed after a long day (I'm talking 10hr wear) the foundation around the corners of my nose tends to break up. It's not really an issue for me because it only happens after that long and I rarely need my foundation to last so long. Overall I would recommend this foundation it retails for $27.95 AUD (from memory haha) and I think it's great value for money. I will be repurchasing my fourth bottle this week :)

on 4/19/2015 5:33:00 AM

My skin is normal i'd say. Can get a bit dry in winter or due to products I'd use or combo depending the season.

-Even though it is a Moisture Foundation, it tends to flake and will stay on dry patches especially if you haven't used a moisturizer/sunscreen underneath. But even when i use one, you can still see tiny bits of foundation everywhere instead of it going on smoothly.

- I definitely need to use powder afterwards because the foundation looks too shiny and greasy. I wouldn't use ''dewy'' in this case.

-Has a very thick, greasy and heavy feeling. I can always feel it on my face.

-The site states it is fragrance-free and there is no fragrance in the ingredient list. However, it does have a scent that to me, is very unpleasant and lurks round for quite a while so I wouldn't say it disappears after application. Some people like that, but I definitely don't.

-Even though its consistency is very thick, the coverage it provides is light/medium as stated on the site.

- The shade closest to mine (and i believe the rest of the shades provided) have a pink undertone, whereas mine is yellow so it doesn't match my skin well at all.

-Not a great selection of shades.

- Packaging is good and hygienic with a pump.

-Contains Spf 15 but i always use sunscreen in the morning underneath my makeup, so I wouldn't rely on that.

-Not too pricey. I believe i got it for 16 euro and you get quite a lot of product (30ml).

Overall, I didn't like this product at all. I wanted to like it even though i had read very contradictory reviews on MUA. Therefore, I wouldn't repurchase.

on 4/12/2015 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Since I have acne-prone skin, I needed a foundation that would give me full coverage, which the Liquid Body Shop Moisture Foundation SPF 15 did not. It claims to be a 'moisture foundation' but in truth, it only accentuated my pores and the dry patches on my skin, which made them look all scaly and flaky. I would NOT recommend this to people that are looking for full coverage. It does, however, last for a very long time on the skin but that too i realized, varies from skin-type to skin-type. It blends in nice and it might be able to work well on normal - slightly dry skinned people. So the positive qualities do exist, but the negative ones outweigh them.

on 4/2/2015 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Disclaimer- I have both rosacea and sensitive skin and react to a lot of products, including some that others get along fine with. Unfortunately this was one of them. I had tried it on in the shop, with a super-helpful assistant applying it for me and after an hour of shopping I thought it was probably ok so came back and bought it. But some irritation is immediate, some slower and more cumulative. I tried it for about a week, first noticing a low-level itchiness after a few hours of wear but wasn't 100% sure that was the cause. Still, the itchiness continued everyday until I stopped using it. After that, I binned it. It has a weird rather unpleasant smell, too.

on 12/11/2014 5:34:00 PM

I bought this foundation because I am a quote "foundation junkie" and am always willing to try new ones. It was half off so only $11 on their website. I have normal to combo skin depending upon the season. The color match was awesome however the formula not so much. I like medium coverage with the ability to build up to full coverage and a foundation with a slightly thicker consistency. I pumped this onto the back of my hand and it immediately started spreading everywhere. It had very light coverage with the small possibility of building up to almost medium coverage. The smell wasn't bad and it didn't feel heavy on my skin. It did make my pores look huge! I even used a hard candy primer and it didn't help the look of this foundation or even the staying power. It also transferred a lot when I put my clothes on for work. I used urban decay all nighter setting spray in the hopes it would help the product stay on but no such luck. The packaging was nice although it felt a bit cheap. Overall, good look but not a good performance and I will no re-purchase.

on 11/26/2014 4:35:00 AM

I first bought this foundation on a whim without much thought as I wanted a more moisturising foundation for winter and it was cheap (about $20 or something) and had like SPF 30. The first issue was actually my fault. I accidentally got about one shade too light but I thought I might be able to work with it a bit despite this. That was when I first put it on my face. Then I saw that is REALLY dewy and actually felt quite thick and though I like the luminous, dewy look and I thought it might tone down after a bit. But no, after about 15 mins it still looked as shiny and felt sticky and really didn't melt into my skin, and really accentuated my pores, which aren't even enlarged. It really looked oily even with my combination dry skin at the time which was winter. I hated the texture and I couldn't apply anything on top without feeling an awful dragging feeling when I tried to put blush and bronzer on. I decided not to go out with it and washed it off (which was really hard because it's oil based or something) and threw it out. If you're wondering about the smell, it had quite a sunscreeny smell and also it was quite thick in my opinion depite being quite sheer. Mmm... not great. As for wear, I have no idea because I didn't wear it for a day because I could just imagine the thickness clogging all my pores. Gross! I then decided that I would go for a high end foundation and after RESEARCHING a LOT, I splurged on the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation and I have loved it. I love the coverage and the consistency which still is not drying. It just feels like real skin and I don't feel like it is seeping down into my pores all day long! Definitely going to stick to this one for a while!

Best foundation I've found yet, but I think they may have discontinued it. I found mine on clearance in store for $5 each and bought about 15 bottles! Love it and have gotten so many compliments. My skin looks natural and dewy. I have a very fair complexion with yellow undertones so it's hard for me to find a foundation that matches my skin tone, but this one does. Really good coverage as well. I use along with the pressed face powder and l love it! Hope I'm able to get more!

on 6/26/2014 8:21:00 PM

I've been using this foundation for about 3 years now. This is the best foundation I have used, and I always repurchase when I'm out. The foundation is medium coverage, but you can build it up. It's lightweight and doesn't feel like you are wearing anything on your face, which is why I love this foundation, I hate foundations which feel cakey, and this foundation does not. I have very dry skin, so I usually apply moisturiser beforehand just to reduce my skin drying out with areas other than that. It is moisturising, it lasts a long time, which is great. I don't have any negative comments about this foundation whatsoever. I love it, it's the only foundation I use.