The Body Shop Moisture Foundation SPF 15

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Zinc Oxide (Sunscreen), Octyl Methoxycinnamate (Sunscreen), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate (Emollient), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Dextrin Palmitate (Emulsifying Agent), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone (Emulsifier), Isopropyl Lanolate (Emollient), Sclerocarya birrea (Marula Oil) (Skin Conditioning Agent), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Polyethylene (Opacifier), Sodium Chloride (Salt) (Viscosity Modifier), Cera Alba (Beeswax) (Emulsifier/Emollient), Ethylene Brassylate (Masking Agent), Boron Nitride (Bulking Agent), Glycerin (Humectant), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Methylparaben (Preservative), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Hectorite (Opacifier), Phenyl Methicone (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Propylparaben (Preservative), Triethoxycaprylylsilane (Binder), Sodium Hyaluronate (Humectant), Pyrus malus (Apple Extract) (Natural Additive), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), CI 77891 (Colour), CI 77492 (Colour), CI 77491 (Colour), CI 77499 (Colour).

on 4/12/2015 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Since I have acne-prone skin, I needed a foundation that would give me full coverage, which the Liquid Body Shop Moisture Foundation SPF 15 did not. It claims to be a 'moisture foundation' but in truth, it only accentuated my pores and the dry patches on my skin, which made them look all scaly and flaky. I would NOT recommend this to people that are looking for full coverage. It does, however, last for a very long time on the skin but that too i realized, varies from skin-type to skin-type. It blends in nice and it might be able to work well on normal - slightly dry skinned people. So the positive qualities do exist, but the negative ones outweigh them.

on 4/2/2015 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Disclaimer- I have both rosacea and sensitive skin and react to a lot of products, including some that others get along fine with. Unfortunately this was one of them. I had tried it on in the shop, with a super-helpful assistant applying it for me and after an hour of shopping I thought it was probably ok so came back and bought it. But some irritation is immediate, some slower and more cumulative. I tried it for about a week, first noticing a low-level itchiness after a few hours of wear but wasn't 100% sure that was the cause. Still, the itchiness continued everyday until I stopped using it. After that, I binned it. It has a weird rather unpleasant smell, too.

on 12/11/2014 5:34:00 PM

I bought this foundation because I am a quote "foundation junkie" and am always willing to try new ones. It was half off so only $11 on their website. I have normal to combo skin depending upon the season. The color match was awesome however the formula not so much. I like medium coverage with the ability to build up to full coverage and a foundation with a slightly thicker consistency. I pumped this onto the back of my hand and it immediately started spreading everywhere. It had very light coverage with the small possibility of building up to almost medium coverage. The smell wasn't bad and it didn't feel heavy on my skin. It did make my pores look huge! I even used a hard candy primer and it didn't help the look of this foundation or even the staying power. It also transferred a lot when I put my clothes on for work. I used urban decay all nighter setting spray in the hopes it would help the product stay on but no such luck. The packaging was nice although it felt a bit cheap. Overall, good look but not a good performance and I will no re-purchase.

on 11/26/2014 4:35:00 AM

I first bought this foundation on a whim without much thought as I wanted a more moisturising foundation for winter and it was cheap (about $20 or something) and had like SPF 30. The first issue was actually my fault. I accidentally got about one shade too light but I thought I might be able to work with it a bit despite this. That was when I first put it on my face. Then I saw that is REALLY dewy and actually felt quite thick and though I like the luminous, dewy look and I thought it might tone down after a bit. But no, after about 15 mins it still looked as shiny and felt sticky and really didn't melt into my skin, and really accentuated my pores, which aren't even enlarged. It really looked oily even with my combination dry skin at the time which was winter. I hated the texture and I couldn't apply anything on top without feeling an awful dragging feeling when I tried to put blush and bronzer on. I decided not to go out with it and washed it off (which was really hard because it's oil based or something) and threw it out. If you're wondering about the smell, it had quite a sunscreeny smell and also it was quite thick in my opinion depite being quite sheer. Mmm... not great. As for wear, I have no idea because I didn't wear it for a day because I could just imagine the thickness clogging all my pores. Gross! I then decided that I would go for a high end foundation and after RESEARCHING a LOT, I splurged on the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation and I have loved it. I love the coverage and the consistency which still is not drying. It just feels like real skin and I don't feel like it is seeping down into my pores all day long! Definitely going to stick to this one for a while!

Best foundation I've found yet, but I think they may have discontinued it. I found mine on clearance in store for $5 each and bought about 15 bottles! Love it and have gotten so many compliments. My skin looks natural and dewy. I have a very fair complexion with yellow undertones so it's hard for me to find a foundation that matches my skin tone, but this one does. Really good coverage as well. I use along with the pressed face powder and l love it! Hope I'm able to get more!

on 6/26/2014 8:21:00 PM

I've been using this foundation for about 3 years now. This is the best foundation I have used, and I always repurchase when I'm out. The foundation is medium coverage, but you can build it up. It's lightweight and doesn't feel like you are wearing anything on your face, which is why I love this foundation, I hate foundations which feel cakey, and this foundation does not. I have very dry skin, so I usually apply moisturiser beforehand just to reduce my skin drying out with areas other than that. It is moisturising, it lasts a long time, which is great. I don't have any negative comments about this foundation whatsoever. I love it, it's the only foundation I use.

I have very dry skin to the extent that No Moisturizer on my Face means my skin is looking flaky and lots of itchiness on my face……
I know the golden rule… moisturize your face first and then apply foundation. But even that was not enough to make my foundation go Silky smooth on my skin. But the Moisture based foundation from Body Shop claims to provide moisture along with SPF which is a double treat. IFor my skin tone I go for shade 04.
For a detailed review check my website www.crush-on-beauty.com/tbs-foundation/

on 3/24/2014 2:59:00 AM

This doesn't provide much coverage

on 10/18/2013 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The irony of this product is it's called moisturising but made my dry patches from my combination skin look worse! And felt greasy on my face! Low coverage too

on 7/16/2013 4:54:00 PM

Very good foundation, keeps its promises!

I find the shades to be a bit too orange though, even the lightest ones.

Otherwise, nothing to complain about!