October 26, 2014 | 1224 users online

Eyeliner - Hard Candy - Hot Smudge in Rocker Chick

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2013 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Wifetylifety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this thinking it would be a nice product to have considering it says "line/smudge/shadow/blend". No. Just no. It's greasy and doesn't stay on well. I liked that it came in black and a forest green color, but it applies very poorly. The brush that came with it is nice, the product just doesn't do anything for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

This stuff is really awesome if you know how to use it! I saw a review for another shade of this on the Musings of a Muse blog and thought that I should try this stuff on for size. I thought it would be crappy, but she liked it, so I thought I'd spend the 6 bucks and see. At first, I thought the color choices were kind of weird (orange, white, olive??), so I settled on Rocker Chick, which is black cream and shimmery teal. It comes with a great double-ended brush that is angled on one side and a smudger on the other.

So, both of these make good cream eyeliners. They are not the HG of cream eyeliners, but they are good. The colors are buildable and the formula is not too dry. People say these liners never dry...they do, but not as fast as some of the other stuff I have tried. It is actually good that way, because you can manipulate the liner and not be rushed.

Also, I have found out what to do with these off the wall colors....use them as a shadow base. I actually used the teal as a base for Hard Candy's Meteor Eyes shadow in Space Cadet, which is green. That was a really great combo and worked well with the shadow.

Try these! They are cheap, and if you don't like it, give it to someone (me) as a swap extra or something.
I was wanting to try UD's Ink for Eyes, but at $22 each, I could not afford to "just try it," especially after the mixed reviews. As Musings of a Muse says, this is the poor girl's Ink for Eyes. The new Hard Candy line is kind of ripping off UD and MAC....and I like that.