December 22, 2014 | 1915 users online

Lips - Nivea - Essential Care

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by manalchowd22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

So good & so emollient that even Lisa Eldridge mentions it in her Makeup SOS video.

Like many of the reviews here, I've tried a myriad of lipbalms (Canadian weather ya know) and this just seems to work the best out of all of them. There is a little bit of an after-taste to this but considering how moisturising it is, I'm willing to let that pass.

Also, the price is amazing & because it comes in a tube, its hygienic enough to carry in your purse (....and your car, pocket, near your computer, work desk & every other conceivable surface where your hands can reach). Really, don't waste your money on anything else.

Note: the essential is the best version, the rest of the flavours aren't as emollient.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 5:20:00 AM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I picked this up when I left my regular lip balm at home and was in desperate need of something to soothe my poor flaking lips, and... I'm pleasantly surprised? It's a great deal more moisturising than the Chapstick, EOS, Burt's Bees and Body Shop balms I've bought recently and significantly cheaper than most. Hooray for Nivea!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Sarah088

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lip balm is so so. I mean, in my area this is everywhere and it's cheap. I once would wear this after swimming. It smells simple. Still, it is not that good, but not that bad. For this price, you can't expect anymore guys.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only lip balm I have used an entire tube of on multiple occasions! This is definitely my holy grail for lip balms! I have found other lip balms to be drying or to make my lips peel after using them for a while but I have never had a problem with this lip balm. I have one in my desk, one in my nightstand, one in my purse, and several in my bathroom drawer waiting to go! The formula is silky smooth and moisturizing. It absorbs into your lips and doesn't make you feel like you need to reapply because it really hydrates. It doesn't feel waxy or heavy on your lips, just wonderfully smooth and luxurious! It has a faint smell that is sort of fresh but it isn't too scented. I have tried the other variations of Nivea's lip balm but I always come back to the one in the royal blue tube! It does not contain sunscreen so it doesn't have a bad taste if you accidentally get it in your mouth. Anyone who has chapped lips in the winter or their child has chapped lips, I recommend this lip balm to them to keep them from having to reapply over and over and have their lips dry out from balms that have camphor or other strong ingredients in them. I love this lip balm and will keep buying it as long as they make it!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by BohemianChic89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Personally, I don't care for this lip balm. It isn't a bad product, but I don't reach for it as much as I reach for my Blistex DCT or Complete Moisture. This is really good for protecting your lips from harsh cold winds though, and it isn't a bad price, just not my favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by sarahvilleneuve

My new fave balm! It looks so natural on my lips and it's moisturing them perfectly. I doesn't like when a balm looks shinny or shimmery but this one is just so natural! And the price!! I paid this 3$ CAD at my local drug store! One word : Wow!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

Nivea Essential Care is a good lip product, but it's not something I wear during the daytime or out in public because I don't like how it looks & feels on my lips. I know it's supposed to be moisturizing, but it's to very great degree. It's SO moisturizing it feels greasy & oily. I don't eat or drink anything while I have this on because I feel like it would get everywhere. It's even physically shiny on & that's not what I'm interested in. I want a moisturizer, not an overly shiny lip gloss. Because of the annoying feeling, I only wear this to bed. It truly does stay on through the night & relieved dry, chapped lips. I definitely appreciate the long-lasting moisturization. This lip balm doesn't have a bad taste or smell. I know it sounds like I don't like Nivea Essential Care, but I'm just nit-picky about anything greasy. This truthfully is a good lip product & I do recommend it if you can find it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by kfos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really optimistic about this lip balm but it's not moisturizing. The smell is nice though. My search for a good moisturizing lip balm continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by hallycat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Perfect balance of oil and wax. Perfect for everyday to keep lips soft, smooth, supple and ready for a smooch. Love this chapstick. Best formula I have tried so far. The "classic" Nivea scent is what is smells like. Great!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Sherrywijaya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is super moisturizing and im not even jokin,very good for dry lips,i know nivea has medicated one designed for dry lips but this is way better,it can get a bit greasy but it's really good,it also doesnt have color so it might be bad or good