Nivea Essential Care

4.2

Cera microcristallina, Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Cetyl Palmitate, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Myristyl Myristate, CP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Cocoglycerides, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, C20-40 Alkyl Stearate, Cera Carnaube, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil, Panthenol, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil, Glycerin, Cera alba, Aqua, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Parfum.

on 2/14/2015 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lip balm gave me an allergic reaction.

on 2/2/2015 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lip balm is amazing. I usually use vaseline as lip balm before I go to sleep, but this, surprisingly, is even better! It glides on smoothly and basically transforms your lips into pools of moisture. It soothes my chapped lips and when I wake up in the morning, my lips look healthy and soft! I think this will always be a staple in my makeup kit, especially when I'm travelling as I need something effective and reliable.

on 1/19/2015 5:44:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is the best lipbalm I've ever used, hands down. I've tried out so many, and most aren't awful, but I always come back to this. It never fails to moisturise my lips no matter how chapped or cracked they are, and I find the original smell really comforting. It's also cheap, readily available, and the packaging just works. I can't find anything to fault about this lipbalm and will keep repurchasing forever. This is my HG lipbalm for sure!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Good, moisturizing lip balm - great for cold winters.
The downside is that it melts really fast and you can get "too much on the lips" if you use it too roughly.

on 12/29/2014 1:34:00 PM

Love this lip balm for the cold Canadian winter! I often get cracked lips, but 2 days after using this product my lips are completely healed (I apply it at night time too). It has nothing fancy, the smell is neutral, but it works so well! The only reason why I didn't give a 5/5 is because the product can get really oily in warm weather. But overall great product!

on 11/20/2014 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

So good & so emollient that even Lisa Eldridge mentions it in her Makeup SOS video.

Like many of the reviews here, I've tried a myriad of lipbalms (Canadian weather ya know) and this just seems to work the best out of all of them. There is a little bit of an after-taste to this but considering how moisturising it is, I'm willing to let that pass.

Also, the price is amazing & because it comes in a tube, its hygienic enough to carry in your purse (....and your car, pocket, near your computer, work desk & every other conceivable surface where your hands can reach). Really, don't waste your money on anything else.

Note: the essential is the best version, the rest of the flavours aren't as emollient.

on 10/2/2014 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I picked this up when I left my regular lip balm at home and was in desperate need of something to soothe my poor flaking lips, and... I'm pleasantly surprised? It's a great deal more moisturising than the Chapstick, EOS, Burt's Bees and Body Shop balms I've bought recently and significantly cheaper than most. Hooray for Nivea!

on 8/5/2014 11:57:00 PM

This lip balm is so so. I mean, in my area this is everywhere and it's cheap. I once would wear this after swimming. It smells simple. Still, it is not that good, but not that bad. For this price, you can't expect anymore guys.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the only lip balm I have used an entire tube of on multiple occasions! This is definitely my holy grail for lip balms! I have found other lip balms to be drying or to make my lips peel after using them for a while but I have never had a problem with this lip balm. I have one in my desk, one in my nightstand, one in my purse, and several in my bathroom drawer waiting to go! The formula is silky smooth and moisturizing. It absorbs into your lips and doesn't make you feel like you need to reapply because it really hydrates. It doesn't feel waxy or heavy on your lips, just wonderfully smooth and luxurious! It has a faint smell that is sort of fresh but it isn't too scented. I have tried the other variations of Nivea's lip balm but I always come back to the one in the royal blue tube! It does not contain sunscreen so it doesn't have a bad taste if you accidentally get it in your mouth. Anyone who has chapped lips in the winter or their child has chapped lips, I recommend this lip balm to them to keep them from having to reapply over and over and have their lips dry out from balms that have camphor or other strong ingredients in them. I love this lip balm and will keep buying it as long as they make it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Personally, I don't care for this lip balm. It isn't a bad product, but I don't reach for it as much as I reach for my Blistex DCT or Complete Moisture. This is really good for protecting your lips from harsh cold winds though, and it isn't a bad price, just not my favorite.