August 1, 2014 | 1801 users online

Lips - Nivea - Essential Care

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by BohemianChic89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Personally, I don't care for this lip balm. It isn't a bad product, but I don't reach for it as much as I reach for my Blistex DCT or Complete Moisture. This is really good for protecting your lips from harsh cold winds though, and it isn't a bad price, just not my favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by sarahvilleneuve

My new fave balm! It looks so natural on my lips and it's moisturing them perfectly. I doesn't like when a balm looks shinny or shimmery but this one is just so natural! And the price!! I paid this 3$ CAD at my local drug store! One word : Wow!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

Nivea Essential Care is a good lip product, but it's not something I wear during the daytime or out in public because I don't like how it looks & feels on my lips. I know it's supposed to be moisturizing, but it's to very great degree. It's SO moisturizing it feels greasy & oily. I don't eat or drink anything while I have this on because I feel like it would get everywhere. It's even physically shiny on & that's not what I'm interested in. I want a moisturizer, not an overly shiny lip gloss. Because of the annoying feeling, I only wear this to bed. It truly does stay on through the night & relieved dry, chapped lips. I definitely appreciate the long-lasting moisturization. This lip balm doesn't have a bad taste or smell. I know it sounds like I don't like Nivea Essential Care, but I'm just nit-picky about anything greasy. This truthfully is a good lip product & I do recommend it if you can find it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by kfos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really optimistic about this lip balm but it's not moisturizing. The smell is nice though. My search for a good moisturizing lip balm continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by hallycat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Perfect balance of oil and wax. Perfect for everyday to keep lips soft, smooth, supple and ready for a smooch. Love this chapstick. Best formula I have tried so far. The "classic" Nivea scent is what is smells like. Great!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Sherrywijaya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is super moisturizing and im not even jokin,very good for dry lips,i know nivea has medicated one designed for dry lips but this is way better,it can get a bit greasy but it's really good,it also doesnt have color so it might be bad or good

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by Steph7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have been using this for years! Can't live without it! So soothing on the lips and lovely clean packaging and scent free product. I buy multiples so that I have one lying around at all times! Great for smoothing on the nose if chapped during cold and flu season too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 3:39:00 AM More reviews by MissKayleyKay

HG lip balm for sure given the price, accessibility and formula that really works. I've tried more brands and products to deal with chapped lips than I want to admit.
Been using it off and on for a few years but this winter I've completely stuck to this on overnight, sometimes with a layer of Vaseline over top. I live in the north and I used to always battle chapped lips especially In the corners. This winter, I haven't struggled with that flakey burny mess except for the time I had wind burn from spending hours without balm on me out in the -39 with wind chill...but I deserved that one. When I use this every night, I can even use drying lip stains without a problem. It's definitely not a sexy product, likely not one you want to kiss someone with but it totally works.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

Excellent no frills lip balm that protects lips from harsh weather and works well under matte lpsticks. The lack of sunscreen ingredients is a plus in my case as there are a couple of commonly added sunscreen ingredients that I am allergic to. I don't have particularly dry lips so I don't know how it works for someone with dry cracked lips, but it's enough for me during a hot australian summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by TheBanker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used various lip balms over time. I recently picked up this one at Boots for about £1 ($1.64) and I have enjoyed using it.

On first impressions, the lip balm is aesthetically pleasing. It looks great and the packaging is very appealing. The first time I used it I noticed it was a little thick however this means you only need to spread it on your lips once or twice to get the effect. I woke up this morning with very dry lips, applied it several times (about 3 or 4) throughout the day, allowing the balm to sink in each time, and now I have very smooth lips. I also acquired a crack on my bottom lip the other day and this has helped with healing it. The product works great! There is also a faint smell but personally I like it. Others might not. Sometimes I like to rub the product into my lips and the wax doesn't stick to my fingers which is brilliant!

However the product will only work if you're not going to be doing anything involving your lips (i.e. eating) for a couple of hours. This is because the balm takes a while to sink in and wipes off easily, however, as long as your lips won't be touching anything for a while the product will work well! Your lips also get a slightly glossy look when using the product. As long as you only apply one coat it will be fine, any more and it will look over-done. I personally prefer a natural look and don't like the shiny look but others may disagree and prefer glossy look. The balm also melts a little when it's in my pocket all day. I am getting through the product rather quickly and I'll have to buy another one in a couple of months but the smooth lips I get after using it mean I will purchase it again.

To conclude, the pros weigh out the cons mainly due to the fact the balm does its job very well and the smooth lips you get are irresistible! I recommend this product to anyone with dry lips looking for a new lip balm.

Note: After some research I discovered this product is branded in the USA as "Nivea A Kiss of Moisture Essential Care" and in Canada as "Nivea Essential". I have no idea if all the products are identical or if there are some minor differences but they seem to be more or less the same.