Avon Nailwear Luxe Lavender

4.4

on 2/10/2013 4:37:00 PM

So glad Avon brought this color back! It's a beautiful pastel lavender that is nearly opaque in one coat but two is perfection. It lasts a long time, and dries to a shiny finish. When it's on sale you can't beat the price or the quality. I am not a fan of the square brush handle though, the new pro brush is wide and flat and perfect! Lovvvve that avon brush. I will buy this color again if I run out, but seeing as how I currently have over 200+ bottles and growing I am not likely to run out soon.

on 5/21/2011 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Beautiful light purple, lilac. You need about two coat and thats good it has decent lasting power, not ten days like avon says. I think they discontinued this color because I didnt see it on the website, if so I will not be happy because this color is great.

on 2/15/2011 8:54:00 PM

A lovely light lilac color that looks great. It's a little difficult to get an even, opaque coating, and I find that lighter colors like this tend to peel off more than the other polishes

on 9/29/2010 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I was really surprised by this polish. I loved the color but i had my doubts on the actual polish. But it was great it looked as pretty as it did on the advertisement n i went tho alotttttt before it started chipping... PROPS AVON :)

on 8/19/2010 10:48:00 PM

I uploaded a few pictures of this polish but I don't think they really do it justice! In my pictures it looks a little blue and pale, when in fact it's really a true lilac and a bit darker.

I really like this color! I put on one thick coat and it almost completley covered my ail without streaks or patches, when I put on a second coat it looked professional! The only thing I would change is the dry time, I felt like it took a long time to dry, but I will have to update after trying it again because I used a thick sally's base underneath. I bought a few other pastels at the same time but this is my favorite shade.

EDIT*

Lasts a long time but it took over an hour to dry! This is way TOO LONG!
Also- after a month in my polish box it started to seperate. This could be because it is a pastel, or it could be the formula- not sure.

on 8/16/2010 8:17:00 PM

A super pretty Lavendar, could be a close dupe to Do you Lilac it? by Opi but I'm not sure, they look almost the same in the bottles side-by-side. I've been buying Avon nailpolish for a while now ever side that had that square prism bottle and LOOOONG time ago and I have to say, the quality, formula, and brush have improved A LOT. And it is only a one coater!

on 7/19/2010 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I love this nailpolish. I have been searching for this type of nailpolish color for a long time. A vibrant medium purple (that is not a dull silver or tinge of grey). I have posted a pick to show the exact shade. Its perfectl. My wedding is coming up and my wedding colors are white and lavender. I may use this on my toes, nobody will know, but its my most favorite color...hehehe.... Otherwise, this avon nailpolish is a not shimmery, its a flat one tone super shiny lavender color. It applies evenly in 2 coats, this color is quite wearable on my NC40 skintone, its not cartoonish like Jade or Sunshine nailpolishes by Avon.

on 7/1/2010 5:19:00 PM

I have to say, the Avon nail polishes are starting to impress me! I generally do not like pastels, but Luxe Lavender is a true pastel purple. Wears great (just like the Jade color) and I'll probably remove it long before it starts chipping, just for the sake of changing the color (as was the case with Jade).

My only gripe is that Avon picks the most unimaginative names for its colors. A much better name for this would be "Easter Egg" because that's exactly what it looks like.

on 6/23/2010 7:59:00 PM

Not too many Avon products impress me, but this one's a hit! This is a beautiful shade of pale/medium purple that reminds me of OPI Do you Lilac It or Deno Out in Deco. One coat gave me full opaque coverage and it was only $3 on sale.
I'll update on staying power.

Popular Polishes