July 31, 2014 | 1291 users online

Makeup Brushes - Coastal Scents - 13 Pc Brush Set

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by blingblingb8by

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the cheapest looking and smelliest brush sets I've ever layed hands on, which is downright ironic for its price! First off, the powder and blush brush are a questionable auburn, reddish color and I think it's just downright weird! Most of the brushes in this set are evidently poorly made and flimsy to the touch, unable to pick up adequate amounts of eyeshadow and deposit it onto lids. Obviously, Coastal Scents cheaped out on producing better quality brushes and duped consumers into buying this piece of ****. The only brush that surpasses the others is the tiny, stiff crease brush, which I like to blend out harsh edges, but that's about it. Overall, this is SO not worth the price and if products speak out for the company, then Coastal Scents is a big disappointment!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by ahmayziin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I decided to purchase this brush set for temporary purposes until I replace them all with better brushes. I wasn't expecting to get anything that would literally "wow" me, but I was expecting more due to their positive reviews on their website. Maybe the one I got was just a bad one? But, even though its cheap and affordable, I definitely would not repurchase. Simply because technically I paid $17 for only a few brushes I liked. Which is still a decent price ($17 for two brushes), but I am not anticipating them to last as long as a higher end brand would due to their cost. I could be wrong, since I've only had them for a few weeks so I am not certain how long they will last, so I'll eventually see if I am right or wrong in the future.

PROS:
Like I said it's cheap so it'd make a great starter kit for yourself, friend, daughter, etc. for personal use. I, also, haven't experienced any shading whatsoever thus far. But like I said I've only had them for a few weeks. The Lip Liner, although I am not expecting this to last longer than a few months because it feels a bit more flimsy compared to others, is good -just like any other. The Taklon Concealer brush is my favorite. Its small and precis and the bristles are incredibly soft. I, also, like the Angle Taklon Liner. The Eyebrow Comb, Spoolie, and Silk Spongie are also good -again just like any other, you can't really go wrong with these products. The Leatherine Brush Case is, alright. Its not the most visually appealing but it does what its suppose too.

CONS:
The large face brush and blush brush are not very dense, not soft and kind of prickly. The hardly pick up any product, as well. Which can be both a negative or positive depending on how much you, personally, apply. But I like the "natural" look, so I don't apply too much of anything (in my opinion at least) and it still doesn't pick up enough product. So, I suppose if you're going for a bare naked look they'd be idea.. if you're willing to pretty much scratch yourself just to do it. The eye brushes are okay, they do their jobs I suppose. However, they are too kind of prickly. I haven't used the Badger Blending Fan and don't intend to because after I washed/conditioned it the first time it didn't retain its shape properly -the bristles are now all spaced out, so it's pretty much useless.

So, overall, you're basically paying $17 dollars for 2 good brushes. The spoolie, spongie, and eyebrow comb not included because you can pretty much get one that works at the dollar tree.. those are just bonuses in my opinion since most people have them lying around anyhow.