November 23, 2014 | 1937 users online

Conditioner - Nature's Gate - Biotin Strengthening Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by smitty07

I just got this conditioner and really like it. My hair was looking damaged and feeling weak, so I looked at the drugstore for a conditioner or mask, and every product I picked up was advertising something that I had no idea what it does for your hair ('ceramides' etc). So I decided to check out the natural food store and got Nature's Gate, remembering that biotin, proteins, and panthenol actually do have a little science behind them, even if they have been around for a while.

I tried it this morning and my hair looks normal again! It does a much better job than the conditioners I got with my hair color. This is a great every day conditioner, I recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this conditioner along with the matching shampoo. While I was underwhelmed by the shampoo, the condtioner is very good. Mainly I bought it because of the high amounts of hydrolyzed vegetable protein in it. My hair loves protein, and I'm always looking for affordable protein products (This costed about $7.00 dollars for a 18 oz bottle). A lot of protein conditioners aren't that moisturizing, but this one is mainly because it has jojoba seed oil and borage seed oil in it. Make sure you read the directions, which tell you to leave this on between 1-3 minutes. This is not an instant conditioner. I also love the minty smell.

Although this is a great product, I probably won't buy it again. First of all, I like to match my shampoo and conditioner, and I didn't like the shampoo that goes with this conditioner. Second, I feel I get superior results from hydrolyzed collagen protein versus the vegetable protein. Mane 'n Tail Conditioner has hydrolyzed collagen, and it's only around $6.00 dollars for 32 ounces.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by samm494

So, I decided to try a sulfate free shampoo/conditioner and picked this one up... not impressed. The shampoo feels super harsh/drying. The conditioner does help make it soft again, but I have to use a lot especially on my scalp where I shampooed, and really hard to get out of the bottle. Also, I feel like they are trying to trick people with the whole "biotin" thing, because biotin cannot be absorbed through hair so unless you're taking it as a supplement, it wont help your hair. I've used these three times so far and I'm disappointed that it's not as natural as I thought it would be. It feels drying and I get a lot of hair fallout in the shower when I use it. I will try to finish the bottles but will not repurchase, I'm going to try Organic Excellence next, which has a wayy more natural ingredient list.

Pros: shiny hair, smells good (minty), tingly scalp

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This conditioner is a three lippie conditioner on pretty much every measurable characteristic. Okay conditioner, okay bottle/packaging, okay price. I like the way it smells, very fresh and minty. The way it conditions, however, leaves much to be desired. First of all, it didn't strengthen my hair, just added a bit of bulk that made my hair a bit difficult to comb and also weighed it down. I quit halfway through and started using it as a shaving cream, which it was also mediocre as. Overall, not a terrible conditioner, but nothing to write home about. Would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by letsgobananas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this with the shampoo and although it does work in strengthening, I think this conditioner is really bad. I'm not sure if the strengthening part is because of the conditioner, but this product doesn't moisturize my hair well. My hair tangles quite easily and is pretty frizzy but maybe that was the effect of 16 years of sulfate shampoo. Would buy it again until I can find a better substitute, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by pm3222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this for a few bucks (maybe $2.50) at Big Lots. I was surprised they had an all natural conditioner there so I thought I would try it out. I've never said this about a product before, but this is a confusing conditioner. I bought it during winter, but stopped using it because it wasn't moisturizing enough. I started using it again now (almost summer) and it does provide light conditioning (which is all I need because my hair gets oily during the hot summer months). It also makes my hair slightly stiff (this is the confusing part). I don't know if I should use more or less of the product so the stiffness will go away. In any case, it doesn't seem to be weighing my hair down, making it oily, or irritating my scalp, so I'll keep using it until the bottle is used up. Right now I wouldn't repurchase it, but after a few weeks of use maybe my hair will be stronger (because of the biotin). If my hair is noticeably improved after weeks of use I would repurchase it.

EDIT (6/14/11): I kept using this conditioner and something changed, my hair isn't stiff anymore. I'm using the same shampoo so I don't know what happened. I would repurchase this conditioner again if I saw it on sale. I like that it is all natural and that it provides light conditioning in hot/humid weather.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 2:25:00 AM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this during a holiday in Australia hoping to find something to nourish and strengthen my 20% grey, coloured, over processed medium-thin hair, knowing that it may be not moisturising enough. It was a nice surprise to find out that it is really moisturising without coating my hair. Even if I use it on the roots (what I recommend, being full of natural substances, good also for the scalp) my hair are bouncy, smooth and fresh also the next day. Good for every day especially in summer, due to the refreshing mint tangling effect. The only problem is that it is not easy to find it in NZ - and not at all in Europe.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an inexpensive, natural based conditioner. I like that biotin is listed as the third ingredient. Has a peppermint scent and mild tingle that I like. I have been using this daily for the last three months. It works well for my fine, dry hair. Contains amino acids, protein, and herbal extracts.