July 29, 2014 | 1259 users online

Shampoo - Mill Creek Biotene H-24

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A very good shampoo with a light and pleasant scent and good foam. For me it was a bit too drying but for unprocessed fine hair that needs volume and care, it is perfect and actually this is what it is formulated for. I will recommend it to my friends.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 4:58:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I love this shampoo. It is so gentle. I used Lush's New shampoo bar before and I found that it was way too irritating for my scalp and the hair loss at first was reduced, but after the irritation, I find it hard to use as my main shampoo.

Then Mill Creek Biotene H-24 shampoo steps in. It is so gentle on my scalp and smells fresh and clean. The lather is just right my hair fall has reduced again. I also use the scalp lotion from this line and I think it is really helping my hair stay put and not drying it out in the process.

I really want to get the conditioner too but it was sold out, so I will definitely get the conditioner next time.

The price is right, the packaging has a simple retro look to it, it doesn't contain nasties and it works. Damn, I must say this could be my new HG. I am hoping the conditioner is awesome because if it is, I might use this for the rest of my life.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by karebear27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best shampoo I have ever used! I have thin hair that sheds a lot and after using this shampoo my hair drastically stopped falling out as much and it has a faint clean scent. The incrediends are increible, just go to wholefoods and compare! However, one bottle I had was really bad though. I think it was refomulated with a paraben and the conditioner was especially liquidy, so I bought Pantene and after one was I was like I have to go back to H-24. The pantene leaves the hair oily the next day and the fragrance too overpowering. With H-24 I could go a couple more days with my hair looking clean and full. No other product has ever done that. Maybe MilsCreek just made a bad batch but i truly hope they will stick with the original paraben free formula that is practically frangrance-free, which I love. Usually GNC has them buy one get one half off or I get it from vitamin shoppe. Could be a little cheaper but not bad.
As for the conditioner, it is enough conditioning for thin hair. After you blow it out is when you feel how soft and full the hair is. However, you do need to used alot as it is a very light conditioner. I have to buy 2 bottles. Also the bottle is not very functional. You have to unscrew the top and shake it to get the product out.
If it wasn't for the reformulated bottle with paraben and fragrance that I once bought and the conditioner which is too light then this product would receive 5 lippies, however it is still the best shampoo conditioner out there and I will continue to repurchase. I also want to try the scalp treatment.
If anyone out there has thin hair, this is the product for you!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo contains biotin, which is supposed to help with hair loss. I like the nice, light, clean scent. It lathers well & rinses clean and gives my hair a little more body. I can even skip conditioner & get a comb through it. They also make a conditioner & scalp treatment. This one is a little better than the original biotin shampoo, but it costs the same as that one even though this is half the size (8.5 ounces as opposed to 16). I have been using this in rotation with one of the BWC shampoos & the scalp treatment daily for a few months now, but I do not necessarily see much of a difference in thickening, new growth or decrease in shedding. Makes my hair shine without silicones or residue. Overall, a very nice shampoo for those with thinning or fine hair. I paid $4 for this at vitacost but it's almost twice that at GNC.

Ingredients:Deionized Water, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Aloe Vera Gel*, Panthenol (Provitamin B5, Sodium, Myreth Sulfate, Cocamide DEA (Coconut Based), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Coconut & Beet Oil), Sodium Chloride, Biotin, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Coltsfoot Extract, Yarrow Extract, Rosemary Extract, Sage Extract, Nettle Extract, Birch Leaf Extract, Birch Sap, Horsetail Extract, Calcium Pantothenate, Inositol, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Citric Acid, Cysteine HCI, Corn Oil, Ethoxydiglycol, Glycereth-2 Cocoate, Benzoicacid (Nat'l derivatives), Botanical Fragrance. pH balanced.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by knov

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo is wonderful! I picked it and the matching conditioner up at a local GNC which charged way too much IMHO but I was desperate. My fine, dry, very long hair needed help and this stuff delivered. After the first wash I went to bed and woke up with thicker, bouncy, shiny hair...and that's hard to come by with hair as long as mine. The second day after a heat styler and blow out, it looked amazing! I can't say enough. I'm astounded. My hair looks like a million. Just read the ingredients and you will want to use it. Plus online it's only around 6 or 7 bucks or less even depending where you look. My only complaint is that the bottle is too small-I need to buy this stuff by the gallon. Oh, and the smell isn't to my taste, it reminds me of the old Flex balsam protein shampoo. But it's not bad and I use a leave in conditioner before I blow dry that smells really good so not really a problem. I highly recommend this for anyone dealing with flat, fine, or thinning hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Contains peptides, vitamins and herbs in a SLS free shampoo. This is a very mild, lightly scented shampoo that does not dry out my fine, dry hair. I have been using it for the last 3 months but have not noticed any hair thickening. I also use the companion Biotene conditioner which leaves my hair feeling like straw. Update: After using up yet another bottle of this, I realized that this does nothing beneficial to my hair. Am still in search of a moisturizing shampoo without silicones in it.