September 1, 2014 | 1246 users online

Highlighters - Smashbox - Baked Fusion Soft Lights - Baked Stardust

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by xkimberr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just bought this product today so I have only used this one time but I definitely will update!

In the dead of winter, I become VERY pale in comparison to my summer color. I wanted to buy a set to contour my face now, but items that are also useable when I am dark. I decided to buy a matte bronzer for shadowing but had no idea what to use for highlighting, when the SA recommended this. When she showed it to me, I did not like how shimmery it looked in the package because I assumed it would look like pixie dust on my face. However, when she put it on my arm, it hit the light so beautifully. Even though it has a decent shimmer, it more just catches the light and glows. I love it! As soon as I got into the car, I tried it on my face. Perfect for highlighting the nose, cheeks, chin, everywhere! You almost can't overdo it because it hardly has a color, just a warm glow. I also tried using just the white part on the inner corner of my eyes and it worked just as well as MAC pigment in vanilla for making eyes brighter.

However, I gave it 4 lippies because the packaging is awful and it is a little tough to get it on your brush. You have to swirl it around a bit to get a decent amount on the brush. Maybe it is brand new, I will update.

Overall, If you are looking for a highlighter, this one is definitely worth checking out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by JJMontreal

I just love this product!! I went to the local shoppers drugmart looking for a mid-range priced highlighter and the SA suggested this with Fusion Soft Lights in Intermix. She actually put the intermix as a blush on me and this as a highlight all over my face. The result is just amazing. I just love this one. You won't see the colour in it but it definitely give your face a glow!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by sallysellsseashells

Some complain that this is too subtle. But, this is what I was looking for. I've tried highlighters in the past (EL,BB,MAC,Revlon & TF) and all of these products made me look like either a glitter bomb or the Tin Man. In fact, I was almost done with highlighters until I walked by this wheel of pretty colors sitting on the self at Ulta. I wanted something to dust over my foundation to give me a glow and this does the trick. The price was $28.00 and wow, what a bargain for what you get! Also, I'm a rare kind who actually likes screw tops on cosmetics.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by RMutt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted a subtle highlighter and couldn't find one, so I settled on this, though I wasn't happy about it possibly being a bronzer too. Overall, I find it a little too subtle and I can barely see it when I dust it on, which made me think that maybe it's too densely pressed in the pan or it's too faint. I would prefer a flip top too. It's not a total bust, but I will keep looking for a good highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 11:41:00 AM More reviews by AngelOnFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been wanting this ever since Smashbox opened up a counter in my city just a few weeks ago. I heard how good their highlighters were. However, it was hard for me to fork out the 21 for this. The prices for their products sit firmly in Dior, YSL, NARS territory and approach Giorgio Armani in some cases. My first impression wasn't good. The packaging... is frankly crap. The see-through lid scratches very easily, and the pan wasn't glued to the bottom. It moved around and fell out as soon as I turned it upside down. But it's the inside that counts...

And inside is the best highlighter I own. Period. NARS Albatross move over... or move out. Smashbox's product is incredibly finely milled. It has a hard texture, which means that any brush touching the pan doesn't pick up a shed load of product. It's completely buildable. And best off all: It's neutral. You can wear it over any blush, be it cool, neutral or warm. All it gives is a pearly sheen with the slightest tinge of champagne. No glitter, no glimmer, no frost. You can barely see the shimmer, even if you look very close.

Instant HG... How I love that. And, you get a whopping 8.5g / 0.27oz for that. I was tempted by Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Bricks because they have more pigment and can be used as an eye shadow as well as a highlighter. Whilst Smashbox's offering is segmented with different colours, the individual pieces aren't really pigmented. So no matter where you swipe, you'll get the same effect. But none of the Shimmer Bricks (or no other highlighter I tried for that matter) is as finely milled and subtle as this. Go out. Buy it. You definitely won't regret it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

Smashbox' Baked Stardust comes in two varieties: one is golden tan/soft peach/tan/champagne/bronze, the other bronze/golden tan/soft pink/soft white. I have the latter.

I was on a highlighting frenzy, and this ended up on my list of new highlighters to try. It's one of the better ones, in my opinion, although nothing really unique. What's good about it is its soft glow; it's never garish, never metallic. It gives off that candlelit effect, especially when used sparingly and strategically (as all highlighters should be used).

Still, for $30 US, unless this is your first venture into highlighters, it's not a must have. The packaging, in my experience, needs a little help - the glue that held the case and the pan didn't stick and I almost found myself with $30 worth of shattered product on my bathroom floor. I would buy again if it were my first or only, but I won't be buying again as I have a few others which get more use and more love.