August 28, 2014 | 1027 users online

Powder - Vani-t Krush minerals

rated 2.0(1 review)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by MissJacqui85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, I was SO excited when I found this MMU. The packaging in all their cosmetic and tanning lines are gorgeous, glam, so girly, with the bling factor. Also they are all natural and have some pretty rock-star ingredients, like olive squalene ('Nature's facelift') to name one.

The coverage was the best I have found, without Bismuth as well, even better than Laura Mercier which I loved but wanted to replace because of the Bismuth. Glowy, but not enhancing my shine. Needed NON concealer, even on bad break outs.

It does feel heavy which I haven't experienced in the natural MMU's which don't have talc and other fillers etc. Like my skin couldn't quite breath. Not as bad as liquid foundation, but not that feeling you seek if you wear MMU.

Ok, it has a hidden ingredient called Isospropyl Myristate- I was e-mailed the new updated ingredient list which is not on current packaging, including the one I had. (I was enquiring about Olive squalene and was given details regarding it as well as a name change)

This baby, Isopropyl Myristate, I have not found in MMU til in Krush. It broke my skin into the worst break out I have had since I was a stressed teen. Unfortunately Krush has substituted a more expensive natural ingredient (Pearl powder I think, as it is no longer in the new list, but now in the revised ingredients) and it turns out this is bad news for those with oily or acne prone skin. You've been warned.

Here is some info on this ingredient, for those who care:

'One of the worse offenders called isopropyl myristate, which is absorbed readily by the skin, helps cosmetics apply more smoothly and gives them a slicker, sheer feel. Isopropyl myristate, an alcohol used in hair rinses, hand lotions and fragrances, is also a solvent that dries the skin and hair, and creates cracks and fissures in the skin, which encourage bacterial growth.'

While the panel deemed it safe, research shows there is a small chance of skin irritation, clogged pores and acne inflammation. In one report, 5 percent of participants reported having such side effects. Nonetheless, isopropyl myristate is not considered to be carcinogenic or toxic.

Although it is a popular ingredient, in more than 5% of formulations it can cause skin irritation and clog pores; for this reason, it is considered a comedogenic and is aggravating to acne.

Will never use this again. Was happy with the first batch- disappointed that even though product statement of this brand is quality and safety first, they are now changing to cheaper ingredients which will aggravate skin connditions.

An absolute shame because it is a beautiful MMU.