November 23, 2014 | 1105 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2014 6:52:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't have a problem with bags, but as I've gotten older my eyes have sunken in. I'm was looking for a problem to treat that when I saw a couple of beauty gurus on youtube who looked well rested promoting this product. I went out and bought it immediately. The results were that this made my eyes look even more sunken in, so much that my sister even commented on how sunken in my eyes looked. I think this product would be good for someone who has a lot of puffiness or fatty eye bags and that is why I am giving it a 2/5, but for me this just did not cut it. I believe it is a good product, but it just wasn't for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by babycat1973

I used a tub of this and while it is a nice eye cream which makes my under eye skin soft, it made no difference to my fine lines. I still give it 3 lippies though, as it is a nice product, it just doesn't fulfil it's promises.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by BLAST311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product because it was on discount. I don't have serious problems around the eye area, it's slightly darker but not in unusual way. I just wanted a good eye moisturizer. I've been using this for 4 months, twice a day (morning and night), but it doesn't blow me away.
The texture is like a gel and very light. The color and texture make it feel like a serum, but there were no instructions to put it under eye cream (face serums have instructions like "apply on clean skin before your moisturizer"). So I guess it can be used as serum, and also as eye gel for people who don't like heavy creams on the eye area. I personally use it as is. It's easily absorbed, non-sticky, leaves no stains on the pillow at night, and doesn't cause any irritation.
This product brightened my dark circles, but not dramatically. After about two weeks, it improved the appearance of my dark circles, so I thought that if I'll keep using it, I'll have a major improvement. But it just stays the same since then.
Sometimes I have puffy eyes in the morning, but it disappears very quickly. With this cream I have no puffiness at all. So from my experience it reduces the puffiness, but I can't tell how it's going to work on people that have puffy eyes all day.
I have fine expression lines on the side of my eye, and this cream didn't affect them at all. So I think it's not a good solution for those who want to treat wrinkles.
This cream moisturizes well, but not amazing. I wanted a cream that is more of a moisture boost, but it's not that one. It's still a nice cream, but it doesn't what I'm looking for.
In the end I can say it's a nice eye cream and I love the light texture, but I still want to check other brands. I think it's too expensive for the poor benefits it provides.
If you don't have a limited budget, and you don't have critical problems around the eyes (a bit dark circles and/or some puffiness), it can be the cream for you. But if you're looking for a cream that boosts moisture, or a treatment for fine lines and wrinkles, I think you should check other options.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by marchafr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I dont always use eye creams, but using advanced night repair serum I was tempted to try the eye complex. Its really good just like the face serum. If u don't want to use eye cream but want to pamper your eyes with a specific moisturizer this will do just fine. Works well as an eye concealer base, eyes feel soft and moisturized all day. an estee lauder classic and must.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by miffy11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this eye cream, it's not too heavy and not too light just perfect for my sensitive med-dry eyes. I have serious dark circles and been on the hunt for a perfect eye cream for years, a friend recommended this to me and it has become my HG item. After two weeks of use I've seen the my eyes became firmer and the dark circles has slowly lightened. Despite the high price tag of EL products, it's worth every penny because of the amazing result. Will def. recommend to others.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by PerfectManicure

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Some background on me: I'm 33 years old and have some fine lines around my eyes (when I smile) as well as puffiness and bags (these only appeared in the past year or less) and I have dark circles (I was born with these).

I bought the Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex because first of all Estee Lauder is a well established and reputable brand and second because I wanted to address all of the things that EL's description of this product said it would. And I do like all things luxurious and feminine.

What it promises to address (as retrieved from EL's website): Fine lines, Wrinkles, Puffiness, Dark circles, Dryness, Uneven skin tone.

My personal experience: I used this product day and night until it was done, which took many months (but I can't remember how much just now - I want to say 6 months).

The texture is part serum, part gel; very smooth and easy to glide on and not at all sticky or tacky, which is the case with many gel products. It's very fast absorbing and you can easily apply your makeup over this (although don't rub and massage your concealer too vigorously because you will get little "crumbs" of eye gel/concealer all over).

My fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness, dark circles, dryness, and uneven skin tone have not at all improved and in fact are worse than when I started using this product. I didn't want to immediately attribute my problems to this product because admittedly I had these issues before using it, which is why I bought it in the first place. I do have to admit that I now have crepiness under my eyes, which I never did before, and I believe it is due to the lack of moisturization and hydration properties of this product. Although EL advertises hyaluronic acid, the Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex seems to contribute and even cause crepiness.

Overall Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex was a disappointment to me. It didn't perform on any of its promises (not a single one) and even caused under eye crepiness. So of course I will not be repurchasing or recommending this product to anyone.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

$55 USD / .5oz. Nice gel texture absorbs well into the skin and isn't sticky. It seemed very moisturizing, but I didn't notice anything dramatic changes in my skin, even though I used this for close to 6 months. If you can afford it, it's a very nice moisturizing cream, but don't expect anything dramatic.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Sarahcelik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Did not work for me....,

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by sjessiii

I have been using this for around 2 months. This gel-like cream is very easy to be absorbed. I have to admit that it reduces my eye bag puffiness and darkness. However, it's too expensive to repurchase again as I think it did nothing to my fine lines (I am in my early 20s with fine lines T_T ). Not sure if it promised to reduce any fine lines though. If you have enough budget and aiming to reduce puffy and dark eye bags only, this item is for you. This is good as it does not cause me any milia seeds. I am now still hunting for other better eye creams which could reduce my fine lines and also with the benefits that this cream gives.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex replaces Advanced Night Repair Eye Recovery Complex. It's also a gel-cream packaged in a jar. I find it more moisturizing than the original version. Like the original, it's meant to be applied under an eye cream. This seems like an unnecessary product. An eye cream over a serum is enough.