Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Primer

3.5

Water, Isododecane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Demethicone, Polyethylene, Polysilicone-11, PEG-PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Lecithin, Boswellia Serrata Gum Extract, Honey Extract, Cameliia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aspalathus Linearis extract, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Troxerutin, Hexyl Laurate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Chloride, C 18-36 Acid Triglyceride, PEG- 10 Dimethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Alumina, Silica, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrapeptide-14, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 11/19/2014 9:55:00 PM

I am a huge Kat makeup fanatic. I love all her products. Yet I don't like this primer as much as urban decays, which is the primer I feel like most people would compare it to. However, I will choose this one over UD's because of the packaging, texture, and the amount it takes to get the effect needed. I don't like the tone, I'm fair skinned and it goes on quite dark on me so I feel like if I put it past my eyelids it is noticeable. It only takes *literally* a grain of salt sizes amount per lid to prime which is great. I think it's cheaper than other primers including UD and i know it will last a long time. It makes my eyeshadow stay on forever, and ever. :-) overal great product, better than UD in some aspects (enough to make me repurchase.) would recommend.

on 10/29/2014 6:54:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this eye primer now for a few weeks. It was rated Best on the Beautypedia website and was the cheapest HE primer on the list so I gave it a go when I placed my last Sephora order. The only color available from Sephora was Skin. It's a little dark for my NC20 complexion, but since I put eyeshadow over it that doesn't bother me. I had been using the Mac Paint Pot in Soft Ocher. Liked it but It dried up slightly before I could use it up and I used it everyday. So I thought this primer with a squeeze tube would eliminate that problem. Also be more sanitary. This primer is thick. I don't have any problem spreading it but I apply my face primer to my eyelids. So maybe that's why. You only need the tiniest amount for complete coverage. So all in all I'm happy with this primer.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have very very oily eyelids and unfortunately this primer did not help that at all. It creased like crazy.

on 12/26/2013 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tried this at Sephora and found the Skin color too yellow, but I liked the pinkish Stellar. Unfortunately they no longer sell it in Stellar, but while I was looking for it I noticed it started to crease on my lid.

I'd probably buy the Stellar if I ever found some and see if I could set it because I liked the texture and color, and it did a great job on both concealing and correction. But I haven't been able to find it and have 0 interest in Skin or Smoky, so overall I give it a thumbs down.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I don't necessarily hate this primer, but I have a few issues with it.

PROS:
-The sticky consistency makes glitter eye shadows STICK! I get minimal fall out with this primer.
-Shadows are easy to blend when worn over this primer. Colors blend effortlessly.

CONS:
-The tacky nature of the primer makes it difficult to blend into skin.
-The off yellow color of the primer might be a win for some, but for me the color looks very artificial. The yellow tends to "bleed out" toward the end of the day. (At the end of the day I notice an off yellow cast to my shadow)
-Certain colors (e.g. purple) look pretty bad over this primer.
-Does not last all day on me. By the end of the day the shadow looses it vibrancy and creases.

I doubt I'll ever buy this again. It's not terrible, but I can't use it every day given the unatural color and consistency.

on 7/28/2013 10:30:00 PM

I also use urban decays primer potion, but I got this as a change of pace.
It's a pretty good primer, it;s thick in consistency and requires a bit more effort than UDPP when rubbing it on the lid, but it has a bit of coverage so it covers any redness in the lid, and is also a bit more 'sticky' than UDPP so the shadows are actually way more vibrant with this. I didn't have problems with creasing or fading, and the shadows lasted pretty much all day.

The only reason this isn't a huge hit for me is the thick pasty like texture, I find it hard to work with at first. Other than that this is a good primer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been useing this everyday for 2 years and I will NEVER change to a different primer! This primer last about 11 months before running out witch makes the price so worth it! I've noticed a lot of people have been complaining about how thick the primer is but it helps cover and pervert your eyeshadow from sliding I can honestly say a million great things about this product you need to go try it out for yourself :)

on 11/12/2012 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm fairly new to the primer idea and boy I don't know why I waited so long. I have tried various eye primers, UD, Too Faced, Benefit etc. So when I saw this I had to try it and it is my absolute HG for eye primers!
So for 15 bucks I have an eye primer that completely takes away all discoloration on my eye and under my eye. It lasts me forever! My first tube lasted me almost 10 months! That's 1.50 a month for wearing it everyday. Pretty darn cheap for me! It also works amazingly well. I have experienced creasing with it, but the creasing depends on the quality of eyeshadow I'm wearing. I only get it when I wear my Rimmel colors which I wear when I'm trying to get out the door quick. Other than that it's amazing. My shadow stays put and lasts me all day, which in most cases involves 12 to 14 hour work days!

on 7/7/2012 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Kat Von D has come out with three shades to her eye primers, a beigy pink,neutral,and shimmery grey tone. My favorite is the neutral skin tone one. This product is best used lightly,since its thick like a concealer. I apply a small amount in the center of my eyelid and then blend that in around the whole lid and crease area. The two shimmery primers dont work as well, I feel like the shimmery part of the product makes it more creaseable, so i perfer to use the light beigy/pink shimmer one under my brow as a subtle highlight.

on 5/28/2012 8:56:00 AM

Awful. First it's very thick therefore very hard to spread on the eyelid for a smooth application. After a few hours I looked in the mirror, yuck, my eyeshadow had creased badly. I hope I can find the receipt, because it's going back.