July 31, 2014 | 1012 users online

Eye Primer - Kat Von D - High Voltage Eye Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by vondudenstein

I have very very oily eyelids and unfortunately this primer did not help that at all. It creased like crazy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this at Sephora and found the Skin color too yellow, but I liked the pinkish Stellar. Unfortunately they no longer sell it in Stellar, but while I was looking for it I noticed it started to crease on my lid.

I'd probably buy the Stellar if I ever found some and see if I could set it because I liked the texture and color, and it did a great job on both concealing and correction. But I haven't been able to find it and have 0 interest in Skin or Smoky, so overall I give it a thumbs down.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Lil3MissSarah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't necessarily hate this primer, but I have a few issues with it.

PROS:
-The sticky consistency makes glitter eye shadows STICK! I get minimal fall out with this primer.
-Shadows are easy to blend when worn over this primer. Colors blend effortlessly.

CONS:
-The tacky nature of the primer makes it difficult to blend into skin.
-The off yellow color of the primer might be a win for some, but for me the color looks very artificial. The yellow tends to "bleed out" toward the end of the day. (At the end of the day I notice an off yellow cast to my shadow)
-Certain colors (e.g. purple) look pretty bad over this primer.
-Does not last all day on me. By the end of the day the shadow looses it vibrancy and creases.

I doubt I'll ever buy this again. It's not terrible, but I can't use it every day given the unatural color and consistency.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by mrszombabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I also use urban decays primer potion, but I got this as a change of pace.
It's a pretty good primer, it;s thick in consistency and requires a bit more effort than UDPP when rubbing it on the lid, but it has a bit of coverage so it covers any redness in the lid, and is also a bit more 'sticky' than UDPP so the shadows are actually way more vibrant with this. I didn't have problems with creasing or fading, and the shadows lasted pretty much all day.

The only reason this isn't a huge hit for me is the thick pasty like texture, I find it hard to work with at first. Other than that this is a good primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by glamorgurlbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been useing this everyday for 2 years and I will NEVER change to a different primer! This primer last about 11 months before running out witch makes the price so worth it! I've noticed a lot of people have been complaining about how thick the primer is but it helps cover and pervert your eyeshadow from sliding I can honestly say a million great things about this product you need to go try it out for yourself :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 7:57:00 AM More reviews by onoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm fairly new to the primer idea and boy I don't know why I waited so long. I have tried various eye primers, UD, Too Faced, Benefit etc. So when I saw this I had to try it and it is my absolute HG for eye primers!
So for 15 bucks I have an eye primer that completely takes away all discoloration on my eye and under my eye. It lasts me forever! My first tube lasted me almost 10 months! That's 1.50 a month for wearing it everyday. Pretty darn cheap for me! It also works amazingly well. I have experienced creasing with it, but the creasing depends on the quality of eyeshadow I'm wearing. I only get it when I wear my Rimmel colors which I wear when I'm trying to get out the door quick. Other than that it's amazing. My shadow stays put and lasts me all day, which in most cases involves 12 to 14 hour work days!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by meli1873

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Kat Von D has come out with three shades to her eye primers, a beigy pink,neutral,and shimmery grey tone. My favorite is the neutral skin tone one. This product is best used lightly,since its thick like a concealer. I apply a small amount in the center of my eyelid and then blend that in around the whole lid and crease area. The two shimmery primers dont work as well, I feel like the shimmery part of the product makes it more creaseable, so i perfer to use the light beigy/pink shimmer one under my brow as a subtle highlight.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Awful. First it's very thick therefore very hard to spread on the eyelid for a smooth application. After a few hours I looked in the mirror, yuck, my eyeshadow had creased badly. I hope I can find the receipt, because it's going back.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Olykittycool

I, surprisingly, really like this primer! I bought this when my old faithful MAC Painterly Paint Pot no longer worked for me after many years!!! This is a good color that brightens eyeshadow color shades, and my eyeshadow really is staying well all day long. This is very thick, but it is working well for me. I like the packaging, because I don't have to dirty a brush to use it, since I use the applicator to put two dots on each eyelid, then use my finger to spread and thin the primer. However, even two small dots is alot of primer. I also can use it under my eyes as a good concealor, too. I am surprised at how much I like this!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPayge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was surprised to see how much the reviews varied for this. Personally, I liked it. I have been using Too Faced Shadow Insurance for months and since that is so thin, it was an experiment to see how a thicker primer would work for me. I have it in 'Skin' and I love how perfect my lids look after applying. It was the exact color to match my skin. The translucency of Shadow Insurance is one reason I looked for a primer that had a fleshy tint to correct any redness on my lids. I was a little concerned originally about the slight tugging I had to do to cover my lid but I didn't use enough product the first time and tried to spread it too thin. After using a bit more, it spread more easily. I use a wide range of shadows - all brands in shimmers, mattes and foils and I have had no creasing or fading at all. I really couldn't tell the difference between this primer and any others I use, except it was a few bucks cheaper. It could stand to be the tiniest bit thinner and I am a big fan of the squeeze tube of Too Faced as opposed to this method (which is why I never repurchased the Primer Potion from UD), but overall I liked it. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase would be if I were to find something better as I love experimenting with different brands and rarely buy the same thing twice.