August 23, 2014 | 1049 users online

Hair Color - Ancient Sunrise - Henna for Hair Medium Brunette

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2010 8:20:00 AM More reviews by mhosler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm pregnant and getting grey, so after 4 months of grey roots, I couldn't stand it any more. I researched natural hair color that is safe for pregnancy, and decided to try henna. I first tried Light Mountain Color the Grey in Mahogany. What a disaster. I'll be writing a review of that product later. Before giving up entirely (vanity drove me), I got this product.
There are 2 packages in this kit: one of henna that I mixed up the day before with lemon juice and let sit overnight, and another of indigo that I mixed up right before I dyed, and then mixed in with the henna. I smeared it thickly into my hair, covered my head with Glad Press N Seal, and left it in my hair for 2 hours before washing it out. My shower wasn't a mess afterwards. These are pretty standard instructions for henna and indigo.
What a world of difference! Compared to the Light Mountain henna, this henna was SOOOOOOO well-sifted and fine that when I mixed it up, it was creamy as yogurt. The Light Mountain stuff in contrast was gritty and sandy. Application of Ancient Sunrise was smooth and by myself I easily covered my whole head, whereas I needed help with the Light Mountain henna because it was so difficult to get into my hair. Grey coverage was excellent but piss poor with Light Mountain.
From www.mehandi.com (click on "Body Art Quality Kits for Bunette Hair) I paid $15 plus shipping for a 7 oz. box of Ancient Sunrise that covered all my extremely thick hair that falls 2 inches below the shoulder. I paid $6 plus shipping for 7 oz. of Light Mountain Color The Grey and would have needed 2 boxes (thus $12 plus shipping) to cover all my hair with sandy gritty flaky product that I had to struggle to get into my hair and left sandy grit and blobs all over the bathroom and shower. No question, Ancient Sunrise far outsrips Light Mountain in quality, smoothness and ease of use. This is what I'll be using from now on!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No