September 22, 2014 | 2000 users online

Hair Removal - NoNo!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by beautiijunkii

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PLEASE READ THE DIRECTIONS BEFORE USING! A lot of the negative reviews are from people who wanted immediate results. No!No! works over time. You have to use it 2-3 times a week foe about 4-6 weeks before you really start to see results. Over time the hair growth will slow down significantly, saving both time and money. You just have to understand how it works.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 7:06:00 AM More reviews by Beauxsmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

No work. Burned my face. Sent it back

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by lisameash

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

(BUYER BEWARE) I called to get the price of this product since it doesn't give one on the commercial the guy I spoke with refused to give me the price for the first 5 min. Finally I got a price and he said where am I shipping this to. I said I am not ready to purchase this yet I need to speak with my daughter about what color she wants and I would call back in an hour he would not take NO for an answer he kept asking me what the shipping address was going to be. I then asked why was he pushing me into buying his product and he said let me ask you a question then he proceeded to yell at me and tell me if I wasn't going to buy why was I wasting his (F Word) time then he hung up. When I called to make a complaint they said they would take him off the phones for a week to do training so he knows how to deal with customers. I am not amused by this he should be fired, so my 16 yr old will not be getting this product for x-mas! Sorry Brittany

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by pattyjo78

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited to get my No No, but was disappointed the very first time I used it. Day one I used it over my fore arms and it did not remove any hair that I could see. I smelled burning hairs so I know it was working but still I could still see a lot of hair left on my arms. I used it every other day and still no results. I tried it on my chin and that was about the only result I could see and it still wasn't 100%. I can still see little hairs even after using it about 5 times. Now I decided to try it on my legs...OMG...It did nothing. I did not shave on purpose so I could see how the No No worked. When I ran it over my legs it did not get rid of any hair. My legs were still prickly. I don't have the patience to run this little gadget over my legs for 30 to 45 minutes at a crack and get no results. I'm sending mine back today.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by ScarletIce

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Does not work! I gave the no!no! a chance, not just for six weeks, but for almost six months. I used it at least 3X a week or more, properly and consistently. My legs were never ever hair-free or smooth just from using it.

After doing some research, I found that an evaluation was done at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. Their conclusion states, "Relative to shaving, the hot-wire (no!no!) device does not produce lessened hair density, decreased hair re-growth rate, greater duration of effect, nor induce changes in hair thickness and color. We conclude that the hot-wire device does not offer any benefit as compared to shaving."

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/23740688

UPDATE: 8/7/2013
Here's another site with some photos and more details about the study.

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/lsm.22144/full

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by alexbunchesofoats

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The No!No! is no good

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by MamawsBoys

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It does remove fine hair by burning it off but it does not remove or stop hair regrowth. I used it religiously for 4 months on my face at least 4 times per week (if not more!). The hair still grows basically at the same rate it always has. I recently went on vacation and though I had used it the night before leaving, I had inch long hairs on my face within a week. It does not work on course hair (legs, bikini area). Used it on my legs for two months every day and it does nothing. It burns the top part of the hair off so you have constant stubble. The replacement blades are expensive. I continue to use it only to remove the fine hair on my face as I have not found anything that permanently will remove it. The product does NOT work as sold on HSN or the other promotions. If you spend the money, know that it is a glorified shaver and you will be disappointed.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by luvbeauty27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

First it works nothing like the commercial and you have to go over the same spots over and over again. To top it off when I got mine it didnt even work there is this little roller that moves that makes it come on well it didnt work. For 270 its crapy . I bought this 50 dollar lotion with it and the nono skin. On the web site it doesnt tell the ingredients nothing more than some lotion you would get at walmart. It didnt come with stickers to return it you have to wait on them to send you some and I read where some people couldnt even return it the company said they never recieved the product. Im hoping it might help dry up my acne if it does that I guess ill be satisfied. If your looking for something you can get rid of all your leg hair , forget it , face hair proably but anything eles you would be spending a whole day on it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by boredgurll123

I picked up nono! in Japan, and I think it was a Japan-only/Asia-only model, anyways, considering how much it cost 23000, it wasn't worth it.

First off, it wasn't wireless, so I was stuck sitting on the floor. I bought this product mainly to remove the hair on my arms. I figured i could just shave my legs, but I just felt weird shaving my arms. Anyways, it burnt my hair off and the smell was so bad. It didn't hurt at all, it just felt warm. It never made my arms feel like smooth, but it removed most of the hair. I used the cream that came with it and the circular hair buffer thing, neither really had any effects. I definetly would not reccomend this product at all.

I think if you wanted hair removal, instead of buying this product, it'd be better to save up for laser hair removal.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Gottwinkies

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I borrowed this from a friend before I went to buy it, because I wasn't sure it would work...It really seems to burn the hair off and it can stink! I could handle that. *unexpected bonus is that when I use it on my cheeks and chin, my cystic acne improved incredibly. For that alone, it was totally worth it. My friend noticed a similar effect. The heat that seems to burn the fine hair sort of dried up those painful cysts. I have very sensitive skin, so most acne product make things worse. So I love this for the acne management ....not the hair removal. But I will say that it works ok for fine hair removal-fine arms hair or fine facial hair. If you have some heavy duty stubble....go for another method.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No