October 25, 2014 | 1809 users online

Skincare - Face - Christian Dior - Diorsnow DNA Reverse Night Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by channelesque

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Here's my video review of the updated version of this serum as well as other Diorsnow products

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by ChasiSdope

I love this serum. I would have to agree with other reviews that the one product that seems to be delivering its promise would be the Night Serum. When I first bought the set I mostly used the day serum but didn't see much of a change until I started using the Night Serum as well. Overall, a great product but the price is a little extreme. I wish they had the make up selection available in the US since I would love to give it a shot.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by chocobliss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me just say first that I'm writing the review for the "Diorsnow D-NA Control White Reveal Day Essence" -- which is the day-time serum for the DiorSnow range. I couldn't find the day essence review link anywhere and I figured that since it's recommended to use in conjunction with the nighttime one, I'd give it a go.

Anyway, I bought the day-time serum only because I have a perfectly amazing nighttime serum that I use religiously. I don't like switching up my skincare products once I find that they work without any kind of fault what-so-ever. So after purchasing this product online (I was soooo hesitant on spending $130 for a serum, when my nighttime one is $80--but I get red scars every time my monthly business comes around and wreaks havoc on my acne-prone, sensitive skin...and I wanted to be rid of them). The first week that I used this product, I honestly didn't notice any difference except maybe a bit of an itchy reaction. It didn't burn or cause breakouts at that point, so I thought it was the ingredients "going to work."

Then another two weeks passed and I have to say that it DID brighten the overall tone of my skin. My skin looks like I got rid of layers of dead skin sitting on top. However...the main reason I bought this product was to lighten the scars that my hormonal breakouts cause and it didn't do the job very well. On top of that, the itchiness is causing some of the smaller red bumps on my skin!

Moreover, the description boasts of "intensely moisturized skin" that's "fresh and luminous" -- ummm, no. My dehydrated skin does not feel moisturized, nor does it feel "fresh" since it makes my skin feel tingly in the not-so-nice-but-oh-so-annoying way.

Let me just say that if you need an overall brightener for your face and want to splurge a bit, this product will suit you well. If you actually want results on specific areas from scars and/or discolorations, I don't think this is worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm commenting on the concentrate in this line not the serum. it left my skin silky smooth more evened with a youthy glow it also took care of a freckle forming on my skin it was gone within two weeks impressive!.but for the price $120 is very high and even though it made my skin look good the results didint last the whole day so it doesint justify the ridiculous price.i think la prarie might be a better choice in terms of its steep price and results.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Jauny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has been a truly skin transforming product for me. Mind you, I'm only 19 but I've been through some pretty intense skin problems all kinda sprouting from acne in the past that I probably could have taken better care of. Acne that for me, has left scar upon scar and spot and discoloration and pigmentation ect--this product has greatly reduced a lot of it, and I'm writing to you guys from the day that marks week 2 of me using this.

It's nothing short of astonishing just how effective this product has been in breaking down all the dark spots on my skin--within the WEEK--in ONE week i looked at myself to kinda gauge everything, see whether or not to return it (cause it is monumentally expensive, at least for me) and too see the kinds of results I saw on scars and discoloration that had been there for YEARS, I was blown away. I've had absolutely no drying, no flaking, no reactions and my skin is extremely sensitive when adding specific skincare items, which makes this product even more incredible. If anything my skin seems more hydrated and comfortable- not overly so, i do still like to layer a hydrating cream over the top of this at night, but the condition of my skin is overall slightly nicer than it was before adding this 2 weeks ago.

I usually use one "pump" of the product, which some may notice isn't much compared to other serums with this kind of applicator. Dior suggests 2-3 drops applied directly to the face (dot on the forehead, one on each cheek) and then worked into the skin, which I find that application a little... bizarre, but I still try and catch the drops on my face. I use whatever is in the dropper, so I get about 4-5 drops, again evenly distributed and then tapped into my skin and distributed that way-- and though I'm using slightly more still NO adverse reactions.

I would say that unless you have acne scars, old pigmentation, unevenness-- you're not going to see how this product really preforms. Again the big point of this is to lighten, in my case all but completely ERASE marks I've had on my face for years. This did do a little for the overall condition of my skin (Moisture, condition ect) but the spot erasing power is really where this has amazed me. Mentioning the "whitening" aspect on here just BRIEFLY, my overall face on my skin does seem a little lighter compared to 2 weeks ago, which I do have a slight problem with that anyways cause my face is darker than a lot of my body- not crazy so but everyone's face is like that.
I HIGHLY recommend this product to anyone that wants to correct marks and pigmentation, keep in mind if you DON'T have these things or don't see them as a real issue- you're not going to see the point in this product. A few people have mentioned that they wouldn't repurchase this and I half agree. I don't see this as something you'd run out of and go get another one, cause... after a bottle you'd more than likely be spot-free for a good... 7+ months. This would be AWESOME to rotate into a serum regimen every so often, when you're feeling that unevenness return (after summer, a bad breakout that left a few scars ect). Again, this product has ASTONISHED me, so great and worth every dollar for how effective it is. I might do an update after the full month :)
*Side Note: On the packaging. It's a nice bottle whatever, I try to not let myself give too much to the outside, BUT... the cap.. is ever so slightly bent to one side... which again isn't a huge deal to me but i thought it was weird. I went to like, 2 stores and noticed at their testers that it was exactly the same, SLIGHTLY bent to one side. idk, at this price point I kinda don't expect that, but it's not a huge deal at all, and from what i gather this range of products is getting revamped and the packaging on this product is getting changed and made larger :).

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by jellocream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have used up the only bottle I bought and I will never buy it again. It did nothing for my skin except smelling a lot like a perfume. It sat on top of my face without sinking in. It also felt sticky and unpleasant. No improvement on my spots or skin tone.

I bought this on sale, but I still think it's SO overpriced and not worth it at all. The packaging is the only thing I think was alright. The bottle was heavy, but felt expensive. Not a good bottle for traveling.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by suehailee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had dis as a sample * got a few satchets*, and I think it's quite enuff for me to write a review about it here. It has very thick texture, wet + gooey. once applied on face, it absorbs well. I used it for a few nights, and when I woke up in d morning, my face become a bit smooth + supple , not too dry , not too oily. it breaks me out with 5 tiny eeeny bumps on my face. , it does nothing to my large pores, so I guess, those with very dry skin wud really appreciate dis , as mine is combi. it will rehydrate very dry skin. im not sure if ot whitens my skin, coz ive only used it for a few times only *samples*.. I dun think I wud purchase dis. glad I cud sample dis, tho coz I wont buy the whole package ; the price wud burn my wallet. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by valaeyume

This is one pricey serum. $140 Canadian for 30 ml. I was told by the sales lady to put on the day serum first, then put the night serum only on the acne, acne scarves and etc. I use this only at night and I do find a big difference, the colors are really lightening up. It apparently has been tested on Asian skin, and I am Asian. It works for me, but it's quite pricey. I'll definitely get it again once I am done using it though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by notalike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of Dior's Diorsnow skin whitening line. I've been using it for over a month now - about 4 or 5 times a week. It comes, just like typical serums, in nose drop like dispenser. It leaves the skin little sticky afterwards, so you have to let it absorb completely before putting more stuff on. It has a typical serum-y, clear, light texture and smells wonderful. Does it whiten the skin? It does just a little bit. But not a permanent whitening of the dark spots or anything like that. It cost around $120.00. I'm pleased with it but not enough to repurchase.